Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 132 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by libertyforever:
The most important core is CMC, and unfortunately as a RB he can go downhill very quickly.

But at some point we probably have to emphasize more on OL pass protection than weapons. That is generally the way to go. Teams with a true franchise QB tend to let their weapons go (Chiefs on Tyreek, Packers on Adams)

Even when he goes downhill as a runner I bet he could extend his career 5 years playing as a slot guy. Be every bit the player Amendola was in his 30s
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
The most important core is CMC, and unfortunately as a RB he can go downhill very quickly.

But at some point we probably have to emphasize more on OL pass protection than weapons. That is generally the way to go. Teams with a true franchise QB tend to let their weapons go (Chiefs on Tyreek, Packers on Adams)

Even when he goes downhill as a runner I bet he could extend his career 5 years playing as a slot guy. Be every bit the player Amendola was in his 30s

I agree, but that would still be a huge downgrade from where he is right now.

he absolutely could
I agree, but that would still be a huge downgrade from where he is right now.

Sure would be. Next guy up. Gotta find em.
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Man o man Steve would be one he'll of a coach for Kyle, if he ever decided to go into in the coaching Gridiron. I know he's set for life with his billions, but man, just hoping maybe someday he'd take a shot at coaching QBs For Kyle.

I am leaning on that probably wouldn't happen but idk..Steve is totally hyped rn about BP and Shanny. It would be awesome! Sign on Steve!! LG!

I credit Brock's success to the man no one talks about in the media.

Brian Griese.
I'm pretty sure we LOST if I listen to today's takes. Rather than won.

Originally posted by tankle104:
Kyle talked about this and said the plan was to get this to Aiyuk and then they'd have two shots at the end zone before half - one of the reasons I think it's overblown about his time management, he just didn't want the pack to have another turn with the ball.

Kyle said Brock didn't have the time though, but this does. So idk what the truth is. I believe Kyle said protection didn't hold up long enough.

Kyle hadn't seen the film. Clearly they did hold up and Brock just checked it too quickly. But this is why you wait for the film.

The defenders around BA didn't start to come forward until Brock's throwing it. I don't think it's as open as it seems. That would be an insanely difficult throw and risky, IMO. That's if mckivitz held up and I don't think he had another second in him.
allen made some awesome plays though and his WR let him down on the deep throws. Also, KC has some good corners.

[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 22, 2024 at 2:28 PM ]
It's just funny that they highlight the ints dropped by green bay from brock but the niners dropped 2 + ints from Love too. Plus love gained all his yards on mainly players slipping in coverage (but kudos to his awareness to hit those guys) yet with a 2td/2Int game where most his yards came from elements not skill... they say he played better.

Purdy is getting the small white guy treatment Welker, Edelmen, Amondola etc got.... $20 says the next broadcast team at least mentions one of these.... "Scrappy/tough, shows up before sun up, hardest worker, blue collar, bring's his lunch pal to work, etc." On the next broadcast while somehow anointing Goff as the new superstar when he was the previous QB to get the Purdy treatment.
lol leave it to Pat, baby!

lets go Ocho!

[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 22, 2024 at 2:30 PM ]

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by tankle104:
"And again, I think he's one of the best in the league, and he does it in his own Brock Purdy way. And I've said for over a year, let Brock cook. Give him a play, let him figure it out, and he will figure it out. He's got a special mind that can figure stuff out."

What happened? He became Mr. Efficient," Young stated. "The ball came out, they made the completions, they made the plays. He did everything that you would want a Super Bowl quarterback to do in the key moments. And he's young. It's amazing. There's going to be a movie about him. There's going to have to be a movie about him at some point. And I've interviewed him, and know him, and he's just a fascinating human being.

All The core players are young. Kittle being the oldest at 30. Brock can get better. Defenses jamming and throwing the timing off of the receivers can be anticipated with choice and option routes (as an example) of the offense being able to get even better with a bit better pass protections.

Even the run game can be more dominating with even bigger, stronger and more athletic offensive linemen too. This should be just the beginning of Brock's long and soon to be legendary career.

Thats more due to cap space issues, I think, than age and skill degradation issue. You can always trade an aging legend for some draft capital. If that's an option allowed in their contract.

Kyle's always had great running backs. Somehow, he knows where to find them even from Nowehere University with a student population of 1,000 and a year old football program. at least I hope that continues after losing Adam Peter's.

Walsh just basically got bigger players for his offense as time went on. Craig was a fullback and became a halfback (replacing Wendell Tyler), Freddie gave way to a much bigger player in Rice. Tom Rathman played at 240 LBs if I recall correctly.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

bUt i'M a FaN oF bRoCk pUrDy
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'm pretty sure we LOST if I listen to today's takes. Rather than won.

ya a s**t ton of negativity

[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 22, 2024 at 2:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone