Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 193 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:

love sherm
Originally posted by RickyRoma:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Because when less informed sports fans are watching these shows for information, they regenerate this nonsense to others, as if what they're saying is fact.

So what? It's just sports...it's not like it's medical malpractice or something. If it hurts anybody....it's the player themselves, and right now, Brock Purdy probably couldn't give a s**t whether someone like Nick Wright has him rated as 'elite' or whatever.

It actually gets incredibly old and tired some. Brock Purdy wins a game in Seattle Russell Wilson fashion, and the next day everyone makes fun of him and claims he doesn't belong. It's always something with the 49ers, it's a lost cause at this point. Just let them drown in their own ignorance I guess
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Man o man Steve would be one he'll of a coach for Kyle, if he ever decided to go into in the coaching Gridiron. I know he's set for life with his billions, but man, just hoping maybe someday he'd take a shot at coaching QBs For Kyle.

I am leaning on that probably wouldn't happen but idk..Steve is totally hyped rn about BP and Shanny. It would be awesome! Sign on Steve!! LG!

I credit Brock's success to the man no one talks about in the media.

Brian Griese.

Slowik (Houstons OC) will soon be a HC. As you said Brian is a big part of Purdy's success. If that continues - there will soon be a lot of bottom feeding teams that will try poaching him from our coaching squad.
Originally posted by Heroism:

That's my mofkn QB. Lol bunch of keyboard haters.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

love sherm

Only FA signing that made me feel confused and conflicted. Like i wasn't sure if I should be happy or pissed. Lol almost like I was questioning if I was gay or not. Lmao

i grew to love him though. He's the decision of "you hate him if he isn't on your team but love him if he is". Dudes a true team player, hard worker, and smart as hell. Never was the most physically talented athleticism wise, but out worked and out smarted everyone along the way. I love having those Compton guys in our corner cause they're don't mess around, Jack.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

bUt i'M a FaN oF bRoCk pUrDy

He took the wide open throw with 3 LBs falling back into coverage... so it's a non starter. Hmm.... a Shanahan offense decides to take the easiest short throws as an extention from the run yet fans suck so they fail to notice that at decision time 3 linebackers are dropping off to coverage yet after the throw is made someone came open. That was the Shanny preference.
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Jan 22, 2024 at 2:46 PM ]

squad
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 22, 2024 at 2:41 PM ]

love sherm

When he's on your side, he's fantastic
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
lol leave it to Pat, baby!

lets go Ocho!

What Pat is saying has been my theory from the beginning. Average people don't like when average people do anything well - because then they lose the excuse for their average existence. There are millions of average looking dudes who are 6 feet(ish) tall and Purdy reminds them how insignificant their lives are. Surely it must be luck or SOMETHING as the reason for his success.

He's not tall, doesn't have a big arm, is not crazy athletic. You can't SEE what makes him special. So let's tear him down and pray on his downfall. Hell we still have a number of "49ers fans" in this forum that fit this description. Miserable existence.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

love sherm

When he's on your side, he's fantastic

lets go Ocho!

Acho used to annoy me with his non football commentary, but his defense of Purdy is kinda like embracing Sherman......LMFAO.....
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
He took the wide open throw with 3 LBs falling back into coverage... so it's a non starter. Hmm.... a Shanahan offense decides to take the easiest short throws as an extention from the run yet fans suck so they fail to notice that at decision time 3 linebackers are dropping off to coverage yet after the throw is made someone came open. Be better boys. I know why some people would make that comment cause they were hoping it was Fields in a niners uniform holding the ball for 5 seconds but dont quote it lol.

He threw over a LB to Jennings who was dropping back. It was a makeable throw hes done many times. Even the best have misses.

Brock doesn't beat them. The 9ers team does. Mahomes didn't single handedly beat Allen.
Originally posted by Furlow:

lets go Ocho!

What Pat is saying has been my theory from the beginning. Average people don't like when average people do anything well - because then they lose the excuse for their average existence. There are millions of average looking dudes who are 6 feet(ish) tall and Purdy reminds them how insignificant their lives are. Surely it must be luck or SOMETHING as the reason for his success.

He's not tall, doesn't have a big arm, is not crazy athletic. You can't SEE what makes him special. So let's tear him down and pray on his downfall. Hell we still have a number of "49ers fans" in this forum that fit this description. Miserable existence.

That's how the bay rolls, baby!

steph, Montana, young, rice - all guys who didn't really have any mind blowing special physical traits who went on to accomplish things never done before.

that's just how we roll. Brock's already accomplished a lot that no one else has, in his situation. He'll keep Stacking accomplishments cause that's what Bay Area ballers do.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

lets go Ocho!

Acho used to annoy me with his non football commentary, but his defense of Purdy is kinda like embracing Sherman......LMFAO.....

I used to be thrown off by how he speaks - it was like he was trying to sound smart, but then I realized that's just how he speaks. It annoyed me cause j was like "clearly this guy is smart, idk why he's doing that". I feel like he's usually more optimistic and supportive than putting guys down. I like those kind of guys. No reason to s**t on players when they struggle, just talk about what happened and how they can fix it - especially if they have a history of success.
Share 49ersWebzone