Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 210 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
I used to be thrown off by how he speaks - it was like he was trying to sound smart, but then I realized that's just how he speaks. It annoyed me cause j was like "clearly this guy is smart, idk why he's doing that". I feel like he's usually more optimistic and supportive than putting guys down. I like those kind of guys. No reason to s**t on players when they struggle, just talk about what happened and how they can fix it - especially if they have a history of success.

He also loves himself some Fred Warner
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
He took the wide open throw with 3 LBs falling back into coverage... so it's a non starter. Hmm.... a Shanahan offense decides to take the easiest short throws as an extention from the run yet fans suck so they fail to notice that at decision time 3 linebackers are dropping off to coverage yet after the throw is made someone came open. Be better boys. I know why some people would make that comment cause they were hoping it was Fields in a niners uniform holding the ball for 5 seconds but dont quote it lol.

He threw over a LB to Jennings who was dropping back. It was a makeable throw hes done many times. Even the best have misses.

Look at when he throws, every LB is dropping back into coverage and he notices our best player wide open... he probably has ghosts of Kyle Hamilton making ridiculous change of direction and does the for sure route. I highly doubt Kyle is in the QB room saying "So you saw 3 LBs dropping off into coverage and chose to hit our offensive MVP wide open... wtf dont you know you could of made another high risk throw?"
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Look at when he throws, every LB is dropping back into coverage and he notices our best player wide open... he probably has ghosts of Kyle Hamilton making ridiculous change of direction and does the for sure route. I highly doubt Kyle is in the QB room saying "So you saw 3 LBs dropping off into coverage and chose to hit our offensive MVP wide open... wtf dont you know you could of made another high risk throw?"

You throw it outside toward the sideline where Aiyuk is running. It's a layered throw he's done a ton. No way the LB's get there.

Brock took the conservative route on that one yet Kyle is getting hammered for it.
the problem with purdy is that when he plays bad he isn't playing good

-Media Geniuses
😂 I love Sherman, dude going at it for Brock 🫡
I used to be thrown off by how he speaks - it was like he was trying to sound smart, but then I realized that's just how he speaks. It annoyed me cause j was like "clearly this guy is smart, idk why he's doing that". I feel like he's usually more optimistic and supportive than putting guys down. I like those kind of guys. No reason to s**t on players when they struggle, just talk about what happened and how they can fix it - especially if they have a history of success.

He also loves himself some Fred Warner

He played, right? He seems like a good dude. And anyone that speaks good about our boys, is good with me 😎
one day the question will be "can purdy win when trailing by 50 points?", until we see it he aint the one!
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
This current situation is similar to the massive disrespect shown towards Montana during his early seasons. He certainly was not the main story leading up to the 1981 NFC Championship Game. The Cowboys and Danny White were. He still didn't garner much attention or respect until he won his second Super Bowl in the process of destroying the Dolphins. Bottom line? It took YEARS for Montana to get the kind of attention he deserved. This is Glock's first starting season from start to finish. He's been dismissed, criticized, minimized and compartmentalized. Fine. Montana loved it. I'm sure Glock probably does too as he commences his "prove it" tour and shuts some holes in the process.

Good post. Accurate about the Montana comparison. Even after beating Marino and Miami, writers were still calling Marino the best. Now he is "the best QB to never win a Super Bowl." Crazy.

Such good points and so true about Marino being glorified and Joe treated like just another qb for a while. Marino was pretty good though. But damn haha. It was alllll about Marino back then. And I really think you are right, I do believe it did take two SB wins to get the attention Montana deserved. I love it when BP says, "We'll see".. just means..he is gunna go out there and prove all the doubters and s**t talkers wrong, because he knows he is a great qb. Anyone who doesn't see how talented BP is, just doesn't understand the game I guess.. and what it takes to do what he has been doing. It's phenomenal.

After 5 years of Garoppolo (and years of Smith, Kap, etc), I think Niner fans can be pretty unbiased to not overhyping any QBs.......Montana and Young were a lifetime ago, but some of us still recall their play.

Purdy would not have won the job in the offseason if he didn't cement his status last season in the playoffs. That he put even better tape this year than last proved he's the man. We've seen enough to have a very good feeling he will outperform Jimmy's NFCC and SB performances when he plays in those respective games, assuming similar circumstances.

I'm sure ShanaLynch were extra cautious to avoid having another Jimmy G type QB......

The fact that Young is so enamored of Purdy, has to mean a lot to the fanbase. Of course Young was always cordial and nice about Alex, Jimmy, Trey........but not quite like this. I imagine he's been waiting a long time to celebrate a Niner QB properly....

So much has changed in the NFL -- if the Jeff Garcia teams were as stacked as this, we'd all be hyping the Niners as SB favorites, and nobody in the media would be talking s**t about other QBs being better. Nobody claimed the Niners lost to Dallas or Green Bay because their QBs were better than Young.....they weren't...

I like Jared Goff, but if he was the Niners QB right now, I'd still be worried if we could win it all with him. He lost that SB between the ears, not because of his arm......he has to prove he's gotten better. I think he has, but is it enough?

We'll see.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
the problem with purdy is that when he plays bad he isn't playing good

-Media Geniuses

I'm stealing this 😂
Brock had a difficult first 3 1/2 qtrs , with glove, without glove, whatever, he still didn't get comfortable throwing the wet ball. Also, the little factoid about Kyle's stint here and being 0-30 when behind in the 4th qtr, probably wasn't on Brock's mind in that he knew we were going to lose without another TD. He may have saved it to the last but that last 13 play drive was picture perfect Brock, and he was not letting a damn wet ball screw with his throwing the ball. He was in the Brock mindset of those 12 Ws and the 5 Ls were out of sight—-out of mind. He looked just like he did on a sunny day for those 12 Ws and just went about Brock bizness.

Also kudos to the OL, the WRs , the TEs, au juice, on that CMC TD run. The blocking is worth watching over and over and over again. It was a Swiss watch type of play….everything , everything , ran perfectly , just as kyle had drawn it up, and the O , every single man, did his job. Can't say enough either about McCaf and that run thru cracks, his jukes, cuts and at the end, his super-burner jets were on full blast.

Those 13 plays won the game (after Dre's SECOND INT), and at the end we looked like we deserved the win. Until that time tho, it was rain-assisted hard to watch at times. And now, when Kyle's 9ers are behind in the 4th, the hex has been broken and he is 1-31 now. Helluva difference between that and 0-30.

He played, right? He seems like a good dude. And anyone that speaks good about our boys, is good with me 😎

He did play a few seasons on multiple practice squads, yeah.

IN THE MOFKN RAIN TOO

Without Trent, Brock would probably dead. Lmao
You throw it outside toward the sideline where Aiyuk is running. It's a layered throw he's done a ton. No way the LB's get there.

Brock took the conservative route on that one yet Kyle is getting hammered for it.

Kyle always gets hammered and it's weird.

When you listen to players talk about him, current players and former players, current and former coaches, people who study the game like Greg Cosell, the praise is nearly universal, they all talk about him being at another level from most offensive minds in the NFL, at the very tippy top in his football knowledge and playcalling but then you have random fans questioning s**t like he hasn't already considered all the angles and even the best playcall still relies on the players to execute it properly.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Without Trent, Brock would probably dead. Lmao

That's when Brock started playing. Trent blocking like it's his son at QB lol.
Share 49ersWebzone