Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 188 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Purdy is getting absolutely crucified today. f**k all the haters

yep, so is the team from national AND local media. its really depressing stuff tbh

Thats how we want it. Anytime Niners are #1 and getting smoke blown up their chutes they lose, let them be underdogs. The media is gonna be riding detroit harder than ever and thats perfect. Words are for ******* just go and show it. Loving being the media underdog vs the cinderella fords.
Originally posted by tankle104:

"Where would your favorite QB go with the ball? Covered. Covered. Covered. See, they're all covered. Brock Purdy uncovered him." 😂
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Purdy has to be the version of himself that he was against Dallas and Philadelphia, be accurate and decisive, they are going to bring pressure, bring blitzes and when they do, he's going to have to make them pay for it. As tough as Detroit has been against the run much of the season, the passing game has to be a major plus.

true. #2 vs run, #27 vs pass.
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Purdy has to be the version of himself that he was against Dallas and Philadelphia, be accurate and decisive, they are going to bring pressure, bring blitzes and when they do, he's going to have to make them pay for it. As tough as Detroit has been against the run much of the season, the passing game has to be a major plus.

This will be the game Kyle calls 40 runs.
Freddie Coleman on ESPN Radio was s**tting on Purdy SO HARD today repeating how he's just a product of the system. system QB. god these clowns are so f**king annoying
Originally posted by YACBros85:
"Where would your favorite QB go with the ball? Covered. Covered. Covered. See, they're all covered. Brock Purdy uncovered him." 😂

Haha that was funny and true!
I don't watch hardly any NFL media shows or anything. But from what it sounds like on here, BP sure is not getting the respect that he should. I don't understand why but dumb is gunna dumb lol. And BP is gunna BP 🔥 To heck with these dumb mfs! Lol
[ Edited by Montana on Jan 22, 2024 at 4:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Freddie Coleman on ESPN Radio was s**tting on Purdy SO HARD today repeating how he's just a product of the system. system QB. god these clowns are so f**king annoying

all you can do is laugh at this point

how sweet would it be if he wins sb mvp

Originally posted by Furlow:

Without Trent, Brock would probably dead. Lmao

That's when Brock started playing. Trent blocking like it's his son at QB lol.

lol thats a great comment. Kind of get that feel a little bit when Brock talks about Trent and vice versa.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

we all knew this was gonna be the media's standpoint this week

Wondering if Clark is crying during this or not.

Lol seriously. And it's not even a good take, from a football standpoint. Purdy had 39 pass attempts and 6 rushing attempts, so 47 total plays or "touches" we'll call them. CMC had 17 carries, Jennings had 1 carry. So Purdy was the primary on 72% of the total plays. You simply can't "run the offense through CMC" because he's not a bell cow RB who can carry it 35-40 times in a game. Complete opposite of when Jimmy G was the QB; he never had games with that many damn attempts, let alone in a playoff game in the rain.

If CMC goes down, how much would the betting spread change? A point or two at the most. If Purdy goes down, it would swing by over a TD, probably even 10 points. Anyone with half a brain can see that the offense runs through Purdy and is successful because of him.
It's b******t how Allen and Jackson get babied but Purdy gets s**tted on

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
It's b******t how Allen and Jackson get babied but Purdy gets s**tted on

It's all good cause I'm three weeks he will be some neither of them are, which is a super bowl champion. Muhahaa
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YACBros85:

This will be the game Kyle calls 40 runs.

Originally posted by Furlow:
Lol seriously. And it's not even a good take, from a football standpoint. Purdy had 39 pass attempts and 6 rushing attempts, so 47 total plays or "touches" we'll call them. CMC had 17 carries, Jennings had 1 carry. So Purdy was the primary on 72% of the total plays. You simply can't "run the offense through CMC" because he's not a bell cow RB who can carry it 35-40 times in a game. Complete opposite of when Jimmy G was the QB; he never had games with that many damn attempts, let alone in a playoff game in the rain.

If CMC goes down, how much would the betting spread change? A point or two at the most. If Purdy goes down, it would swing by over a TD, probably even 10 points. Anyone with half a brain can see that the offense runs through Purdy and is successful because of him.

Exactly, that dude is a nitwit haha. I am sadly discovering how many ppl in football media don't know much of s**t really. It's just sad and a bit annoying lol
Originally posted by Montana:

IN THE MOFKN RAIN TOO

In the fking rain!
I am tired about hearing about Josh Allen..ok..everyone's dream boy..well guess what? He isn't here now and guess who is? BP faced so much adversity, I thought we were dunzo in the 3rd..but BP turned into Montana that last drive. 💥 BOOM

That 252 by Brock is an eye opener for me cause it didn't look like he threw for that much in the rain. The Packers moving the ball on our defense felt like Love had more yards passing lol

It's true, human perception is, you only remember the bad more than the good.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Montana:

IN THE MOFKN RAIN TOO

In the fking rain!
I am tired about hearing about Josh Allen..ok..everyone's dream boy..well guess what? He isn't here now and guess who is? BP faced so much adversity, I thought we were dunzo in the 3rd..but BP turned into Montana that last drive. 💥 BOOM

That 252 by Brock is an eye opener for me cause it didn't look like he threw for that much in the rain. The Packers moving the ball on our defense felt like Love had more yards passing lol

It's true, human perception is, you only remember the bad more than the good.

Everyone should rewatch the offense, it'll be a much different experience than on Saturday
Share 49ersWebzone