Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 186 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

This is Jimmy G/Alex Smith s**t. Hope we can chalk it up to one game in bad conditions and not a trend.

That coverage is deep. The coverage only drops down after Brock winds up to release the ball. After that point Aiyuk looks open but not before.
Originally posted by tankle104:

This is Jimmy G/Alex Smith s**t. Hope we can chalk it up to one game in bad conditions and not a trend.

I don't think Aiyuk is as open as it seems - the defenders don't come forward until Brock is throwing. If he made that throw, it would of been like the jennings throw. Amazing.

brock def struggled at times and it wasn't his best performance, but outside of hitting wide open guys cause our defenders fell, what did love do? He had one awesome throw on third down. Otherwise, he was just as bad if not worse than Brock. I don't get how someone can watch both w s come away amazed by love and hate on Brock.

love has been in the league twice as long as Brock (mastering the system) and nearly as many starts. So if some will dis Brock, they need to keep that same energy for love.

I disagree. Once Brock turned his hips a little, the defenders moved. Doesn't matter though. Just don't want to see more of that moving forward.

Love was worse than Brock, but not really sure why you brought that up in the first place.
Originally posted by YACBros85:

That coverage is deep. The coverage only drops down after Brock winds up to release the ball. After that point Aiyuk looks open but not before.

Disagree. Especially the defender near the top of the screen.
Originally posted by Furlow:

Thanks for posting. Respect to Acho. He's saying it right. I.e. - Brock didn't play good, but he did what everyone has been saying they need to see out of him.

I think the pundits having such a tough time with this is like watching a liar get mad when they get caught. The liar doubles down, rants and raves, and hopes their bluster will carry the day. Acho just looked all the 'liars' and calmly said... "No. You're lying."
Originally posted by Mankster:

Thanks for posting. Respect to Acho. He's saying it right. I.e. - Brock didn't play good, but he did what everyone has been saying they need to see out of him.

I think the pundits having such a tough time with this is like watching a liar get mad when they get caught. The liar doubles down, rants and raves, and hopes their bluster will carry the day. Acho just looked all the 'liars' and calmly said... "No. You're lying."

I mean it's not like the other guys are wrong. Purdy got fortunate the passes were not picked off. He played bad. There isn't anyway around it. But he won so that's what matters.

I don't think Aiyuk is as open as it seems - the defenders don't come forward until Brock is throwing. If he made that throw, it would of been like the jennings throw. Amazing.

brock def struggled at times and it wasn't his best performance, but outside of hitting wide open guys cause our defenders fell, what did love do? He had one awesome throw on third down. Otherwise, he was just as bad if not worse than Brock. I don't get how someone can watch both w s come away amazed by love and hate on Brock.

love has been in the league twice as long as Brock (mastering the system) and nearly as many starts. So if some will dis Brock, they need to keep that same energy for love.

I disagree. Once Brock turned his hips a little, the defenders moved. Doesn't matter though. Just don't want to see more of that moving forward.

Love was worse than Brock, but not really sure why you brought that up in the first place.

Well I wasn't directing the love part at you. Lol I was just speaking in general to comments I've read. Hahah I should of clarified that.

My only real concern (outside of normal concerns) is our o line. Those type of plays are there to be made often but we run out of time. If we had an o line like the packers or eagles, it would be insane what we could do. I just hope they hold up against whoever we play once we beat the lions 😈
I think Deebo will play and Brock will be back to business, which means 276 pass yds and 4 TDs.

Acho is a real one. Has been defending Purdy all season against morons with hot takes.
Bengals OC is the new titans head coach. They wanted an offensive guy. Glad someone else's staff was poached.

Kyle and mcvay started a major trend of younger, innovative , offensivr coaches being hired across the league.

Originally posted by Giedi:
40 air yards! *NOT* a weak arm by any measure.

...and it didn't look like he had to wind up to do it.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

I mean it's not like the other guys are wrong. Purdy got fortunate the passes were not picked off. He played bad. There isn't anyway around it. But he won so that's what matters.

Love played worse and he lost and that is what matters
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Love played worse and he lost and that is what matters

I thought Love had some really good throws and handled the rain well. He'll want that one behind his TE back. Final drive was a hail mary more or less. If I'm GB I think they have their QB of the F. Great year. Recall Rodgers was 6-10 no playoffs as a 1st year starter. Credit to LaFleur getting those young guys up to speed.

Well I wasn't directing the love part at you. Lol I was just speaking in general to comments I've read. Hahah I should of clarified that.

My only real concern (outside of normal concerns) is our o line. Those type of plays are there to be made often but we run out of time. If we had an o line like the packers or eagles, it would be insane what we could do. I just hope they hold up against whoever we play once we beat the lions 😈

You can group it into 4 components to successfully execute these play:

1. Play designer and play caller
2. QB
3. Receiving corps
4. OL

Kyle Shanahan and our receiving corps are probably the best in the NFL. Brock has been playing at a top 5 level this season (efficiency wise #1, but I do believe volume decrease efficiency, so it is a question mark on how efficient Brock is going to be if we are a pass heavy offense). OL is the only question mark. I just don't know you can ask for more than this. No teams are going to have better pieces than what we have.

You can add the run game as a 5th component, which we are also excellent at.
[ Edited by libertyforever on Jan 22, 2024 at 5:06 PM ]
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

In this same broadcast the panel said Love outplayed Purdy because Purdy had to INTs dropped.

Like in what world is that relevant?
Share 49ersWebzone