Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 196 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Furlow:

Acho is a real one. Has been defending Purdy all season against morons with hot takes.

I usually like Joys takes because she's super hot, but that comparison to Jalen Hurts at the end was just dumb
Brock is gonna have a huge ass chip on his shoulder come Sunday.
Originally posted by Crown:
In this same broadcast the panel said Love outplayed Purdy because Purdy had to INTs dropped.

Like in what world is that relevant?

Love threw 2 picks and had another 2 not caught
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Crown:
In this same broadcast the panel said Love outplayed Purdy because Purdy had to INTs dropped.

Like in what world is that relevant?

Love threw 2 picks and had another 2 not caught

I just think that Love got outplayed by Purdy - both in stats and in clutch.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Love played worse and he lost and that is what matters

I thought Love had some really good throws and handled the rain well. He'll want that one behind his TE back. Final drive was a hail mary more or less. If I'm GB I think they have their QB of the F. Great year. Recall Rodgers was 6-10 no playoffs as a 1st year starter. Credit to LaFleur getting those young guys up to speed.

It was not a hail mary. They had plenty of time. Live to see another down. They just needed to get into fg range; yah yah their kicker sucks.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Brock is gonna have a huge ass chip on his shoulder come Sunday.

Exactly my concern...

I don't want him putting on an unreasonable air show just because of critics.

Just play his game like he has been doing all year.

Allen was just reckless throwing deep all over for nothing.
Allen had 14 passes behind the LOS

Purdy had 4

They both had the same amount of total attempts btw
Purdy never looked lost or shell-shocked despite struggling to make some throws. He hung in there and kept at it and shined when it mattered most.

The poise and leadership he showed were quite impressive.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

This is Jimmy G/Alex Smith s**t. Hope we can chalk it up to one game in bad conditions and not a trend.

That coverage is deep. The coverage only drops down after Brock winds up to release the ball. After that point Aiyuk looks open but not before.

Disagree. Especially the defender near the top of the screen.

These deep defenders in the middle of the field are standing on a spot with their eyes on Brock. They are reading his eyes. If Brock winds up to throw that ball deep, they are going to drop back further and get into the passing lane.

They don't start to drop down until after he releases the ball.

Brock would have to wait for Aiyuk to get all the way across the other side of the field. By than the pressure may have gotten there. As you see McK eventually let his man get by him.

This is Jimmy G/Alex Smith s**t. Hope we can chalk it up to one game in bad conditions and not a trend.

That coverage is deep. The coverage only drops down after Brock winds up to release the ball. After that point Aiyuk looks open but not before.

Disagree. Especially the defender near the top of the screen.

These deep defenders in the middle of the field are standing on a spot with their eyes on Brock. They are reading his eyes. If Brock winds up to throw that ball deep, they are going to drop back further and get into the passing lane.

They don't start to drop down until after he releases the ball.

Brock would have to wait for Aiyuk to get all the way across the other side of the field. By than the pressure may have gotten there. As you see McK eventually let his man get by him.
JJ would have been an easier throw

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I thought Love had some really good throws and handled the rain well. He'll want that one behind his TE back. Final drive was a hail mary more or less. If I'm GB I think they have their QB of the F. Great year. Recall Rodgers was 6-10 no playoffs as a 1st year starter. Credit to LaFleur getting those young guys up to speed.

First down, nearly a minute left, two timeouts and needing only 30 yards to get into FG range is not a "Hail Mary situation" by any stretch of the imagination.
As you see McK eventually let his man get by him.

So just like any other down really.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
As you see McK eventually let his man get by him.

So just like any other down really.

McKivitz needs some competition. Not calling him a bad OT, just needing him to improve big time next year and if he can't there should be talent behind him that *can get* better.
I know Allen totally dropped that perfectly placed deep ball to Diggs and blew a 45 yard FG.

Isn't anyone questioning if Allen can play in 50 degree weather with some ran

Allen got too greedy and it cost Buffalo the game. He was carving up KC with short passes all game and at the end decided to go #YOLO mode instead of sticking with what had been working.

Difference between him and Mahomes is that Mahomes will take the short stuff all game long if it's there.

Yeah, some people have to stick with their opinions on some quarterbacks and some can't admit that quarterbacks like Allen did in fact, help lose the game in quite dramatic fashion. Allen had many opportunities to win (Could've hit Diggs on that crosser. It would've eaten up clock and got an easy first down and put them in position to win or tie) and like we have seen with him from time to time, he chokes. Allen even ADMITTED this during their slump. A turnover machine. (He even fumbled and luckily the bills recovered). Herbert does this as well but not as much as Allen.
Not when the games on the line. Allen blew it, pure and simple. Physically he's an absolute stud but his football IQ is a tad bit lacking. It is what it is.

Exactly. I'm glad Purdy has great situational awareness and is a stud going through his reads. He even showed some great mobility with our pass blocking being pretty garbage. Proud of him even though he could've done better in the rain
Share 49ersWebzone