Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

This is Jimmy G/Alex Smith s**t. Hope we can chalk it up to one game in bad conditions and not a trend.

That coverage is deep. The coverage only drops down after Brock winds up to release the ball. After that point Aiyuk looks open but not before.

Disagree. Especially the defender near the top of the screen.

These deep defenders in the middle of the field are standing on a spot with their eyes on Brock. They are reading his eyes. If Brock winds up to throw that ball deep, they are going to drop back further and get into the passing lane.

They don't start to drop down until after he releases the ball.

Brock would have to wait for Aiyuk to get all the way across the other side of the field. By than the pressure may have gotten there. As you see McK eventually let his man get by him.

Great post. Not that Purdy has never missed on a deep opportunity, but this isn't the play to nitpick and compare him to Alex and/or Jimmy.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I know Allen totally dropped that perfectly placed deep ball to Diggs and blew a 45 yard FG.

Isn't anyone questioning if Allen can play in 50 degree weather with some ran

Allen got too greedy and it cost Buffalo the game. He was carving up KC with short passes all game and at the end decided to go #YOLO mode instead of sticking with what had been working.

Difference between him and Mahomes is that Mahomes will take the short stuff all game long if it's there.

Yeah, some people have to stick with their opinions on some quarterbacks and some can't admit that quarterbacks like Allen did in fact, help lose the game in quite dramatic fashion. Allen had many opportunities to win (Could've hit Diggs on that crosser. It would've eaten up clock and got an easy first down and put them in position to win or tie) and like we have seen with him from time to time, he chokes. Allen even ADMITTED this during their slump. A turnover machine. (He even fumbled and luckily the bills recovered). Herbert does this as well but not as much as Allen.

Gotta be careful saying anything negative about Allen in here, he is the man crush of a few Niners "fans."
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
Bengals OC is the new titans head coach. They wanted an offensive guy. Glad someone else's staff was poached.

Kyle and mcvay started a major trend of younger, innovative , offensivr coaches being hired across the league.

I'm glad - so far - no 49er coaches have been poached. *One* factor is that the 49ers are still playing and so the interviews for the 49er coaches is limited. Hence, hard to hire 49er coaches when they are still coaching for the playoffs.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Gotta be careful saying anything negative about Allen in here, he is the man crush of a few Niners "fans."

At least be accurate with the takes, lol.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Giedi:
40 air yards! *NOT* a weak arm by any measure.

...and it didn't look like he had to wind up to do it.

Exactly. I don't get this narrative that Brock's arm is *weak.* I really am puzzled by it. The only explanation is that the Medidots don't watch Brock because they don't think he's worth watching. Only a Lombardi Award slamming them in the face will change that *Purdy weak arm* narrative lie.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
As you see McK eventually let his man get by him.

So just like any other down really.

I mean he did hold up in pass pro for over 3 seconds. The coverage was good on that play which forced Brock to check it down.
  • thl408

This is Jimmy G/Alex Smith s**t. Hope we can chalk it up to one game in bad conditions and not a trend.

That coverage is deep. The coverage only drops down after Brock winds up to release the ball. After that point Aiyuk looks open but not before.

Disagree. Especially the defender near the top of the screen.

These deep defenders in the middle of the field are standing on a spot with their eyes on Brock. They are reading his eyes. If Brock winds up to throw that ball deep, they are going to drop back further and get into the passing lane.

Brock would have to wait for Aiyuk to get all the way across the other side of the field. By than the pressure may have gotten there. As you see McK eventually let his man get by him.

Great post. Not that Purdy has never missed on a deep opportunity, but this isn't the play to nitpick and compare him to Alex and/or Jimmy.

What makes this such a tight window is how Kittle is not deep enough to suck up the underneath defenders to his side, which would provide a bigger window to Aiyuk. Kittle staying in to chip block prevented him from getting into his route sooner/deeper and drawing the attention of the two defenders that were a threat to Aiyuk's route.
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Love played worse and he lost and that is what matters

What makes no sense is the host says "just so we're clear, only winning matters, not how you play, right??" but throughout the year, as purdy led the league in every statistical category, it WASN'T about what he did on the field. It was well he's faced no adversity, hasn't brought his team back, etc.

It was such a ridiculous take. These people like to point out Brock throws to open receivers. Ok. Then you go and just heap praise on Love in a game where he threw a TD to a wide open wr because our safety slipped, threw another 1 yard TD to a wide open guy on a pick play, threw a 50 yard completion to a wide open guy early because ward slipped, another 40 yard completion later to a busted coverage. Then threw 2 awful picks and nearly threw 2 other picks.

But the outcome is worry about 2nd yer player Brock purdy who led his team on a game winning drive, arrow up on a 4th year player who threw the game away?
Re watching the game and On the 40+ td by McCaffrey woerner was gonna go in motion to the left and Purdy was telling him stay stay stay and I don't know if had anything to do with the success of the play or not
Purdy is literally one of the most polarizing people in all of sports the second he took over in the MIA game. Pretty nuts.

Originally posted by teylo31:
Re watching the game and On the 40+ td by McCaffrey woerner was gonna go in motion to the left and Purdy was telling him stay stay stay and I don't know if had anything to do with the success of the play or not

The playclock was running out, had he moved it would have been a delay of game or they would have had to use a TO.
Originally posted by teylo31:

They were about to get a delay of game if Juice continued his motion. Super heads up and great awareness by Juice to get aligned before the clock.

Conley open though
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by Mankster:

Thanks for posting. Respect to Acho. He's saying it right. I.e. - Brock didn't play good, but he did what everyone has been saying they need to see out of him.

I think the pundits having such a tough time with this is like watching a liar get mad when they get caught. The liar doubles down, rants and raves, and hopes their bluster will carry the day. Acho just looked all the 'liars' and calmly said... "No. You're lying."

I mean it's not like the other guys are wrong. Purdy got fortunate the passes were not picked off. He played bad. There isn't anyway around it. But he won so that's what matters.

True. Of course, he was no more fortunate then Love who also had two potential picks dropped. I mean...Love had two potential picks dropped AND two actual picks thrown. ...ahem...

That nuance is inconvenient for any of them to talk about though. Again...they are like liars who've been busted. They can't just say, "ya got me". They get pissed off, loud, and make more wild claims. It's classic behavior.
We could learn some 'debate principles' from Bill Burr. I feel like he describes media pundits in this bit about arguing with women.

NSFW
Share 49ersWebzone