LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 135 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:

"jennings had to climb the ladder"

b***h he had to THROW IT OVER THE DEFENDER

I notice 2 former patriots (Brusci and McCourty) in the media giving Brock a lot of love for that winning drive. Clearly they have seen what that looks like before and know what they're talking about when it comes to clutch QBs
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
I notice 2 former patriots (Brusci and McCourty) in the media giving Brock a lot of love for that winning drive. Clearly they have seen what that looks like before and know what they're talking about when it comes to clutch QBs

Yeah Tedy was giving love to the 49ers and Brock saying this is exactly the type of game that champions win.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by 4ML:
A lot of Purdy hate comes from ppl making ridiculous claims about him & putting him in best QBs in the league conversation. For example - someone saying his arm is just a notch below Mahomes and Allen. Why make such a disingenuous claims? Anyone watching the games can tell you're not being honest.

He's a good quarterback who is great in Shanahan's system and on a roster full of elite players on offense. There is nothing wrong with admitting that.

But to say - he has nothing left to prove or bring up Montana or say he's a top 5 QB in the league - is just inviting criticism.

Talk about his play recognition and understanding one of the tougher playbook in the game. Talk about his mind and understanding coverages and pass the ball quickly. Those are really tough things to be good at 2 years in your career but ppl here will argue about his arm is just a notch below Allen and he can make all the throws.

I promise you that ridiculous claims from a handful of loud Niner fans is NOT the reason the National Media seems to be diminishing him every chance they get. Not a chance.

It's not handful and it's not just 49ers fans. There are some in the media too - national and local - putting up QB wins next to Montana's record. They did same with Jimmy and he caught unnecessary strays. The whole MVP debate too - which imo should have been CMC but either way I didn't care much for it - was a little too much as well.

I'm just saying - media goes overboard both ways and they're paid to do that. I'm just not sure why ppl get upset over it. Their job is to get as much engagement as possible.
Sick of these know it all d******ds putting s**t on out Quarterback. I hope he has a blinder on Sunday so they can shut the f%&k up.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I love what these stats say.

Originally posted by Giedi:

Now show Jimmy Garoppolo's 4Q stats. LOL
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
It actually gets incredibly old and tired some. Brock Purdy wins a game in Seattle Russell Wilson fashion, and the next day everyone makes fun of him and claims he doesn't belong. It's always something with the 49ers, it's a lost cause at this point. Just let them drown in their own ignorance I guess

It only gets tiresome if you let it...which is why I generally ignore most all of it - and that includes the positive stuff. There are too many people who believe because they have a platform, therefore their word is somehow 'important.' Because of that platform and putting themselves out there, their egos are inflated moreso and are more relunctant to admit they are wrong. There ARE some good references....content that is certainly valid. Greg Cosell for instance. I simply go by my own two eyes, a half a century of watching the NFL, and my own criteria (in this case) of what makes a quarterback 'great.'

Bottom line is, Purdy had a sub-par game - for a variety of reasons - but he himself was not up to usual. He also did something that 'great' QB's do, that Josh Allen, Jordan Love, Baker Mayfield also had chances to do. Struggling for the first 3.5+ quarters, when his team needed a drive to continue their season, Purdy flipped the switch and delivered. The others didn't. Doesn't mean I think Purdy is 'great' or better than anybody else or whatever. Doesn't salvage the poor overall game into a good one. It's just one aspect that I greatly consider when judging the position.

Didn't realize they classified the Brock turnover in the Eagles game as a fumble. Always thought it was an interception, but I blocked that game out.
I want what's best for the team. Looking toward the future, Is Brock our franchise QB and do we pay him as such when the time comes? Me personally, I'm not sure I'd pay him what he will probably demand. Even if we win a Super Bowl with him. We were how many minutes away from winning a Super Bowl with Jimmy g and I think damn near everyone on this board thinks Jimmy was trash, so winning a Super Bowl shouldn't be the end all be all when deciding on Brock.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Jan 23, 2024 at 4:09 AM ]

• DrEll
  • Veteran
No better way to shut all these blowhards up than to blast them in the SB. Wonder how MVP candidates and their media supporting cast will say when their guy is watching red and gold confetti parade down on their ass.

Comeon Brock. Show the world !

Should be an asterisk next to the one loss
  • Ruixx
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Youngone:
Lol, Florio missed the news that 49ers would've given Brady the job, now he's trying to stir up the s**t for clicks. Purdy set franchise records and the kid cannot catch a break.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/brock-purdy-49ers-wanted-to-make-tom-brady-the-starter-in-2023

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/does-2023-interest-in-tom-brady-mean-49ers-will-consider-alternatives-to-brock-purdy-in-2024

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/kyle-shanahan-brock-purdy-had-a-few-too-many-missed-throws-against-packers

I am so effing sick of this tired storyline. It is dated and every time people try to act like it's new. I would pay serious money to never hear the words Tom Brady in relation to the 49ers ever again. Just when you think it's done, someone digs it up again.
Originally posted by bewdynewk:
Sick of these know it all d******ds putting s**t on out Quarterback. I hope he has a blinder on Sunday so they can shut the f%&k up.

It's not gonna matter. They have set it up as a no win for Brock. He plays well, it's Kyle and all the talent around him. He plays bad, it's all Brock.

This is how the world is now. Zero accountability for being wrong, trolling all the time. It's all about arguing, disproving each other and pretending we're all smarter than everyone else.

The days of objectivity are long gone.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by bewdynewk:

It's not gonna matter. They have set it up as a no win for Brock. He plays well, it's Kyle and all the talent around him. He plays bad, it's all Brock.

This is how the world is now. Zero accountability for being wrong, trolling all the time. It's all about arguing, disproving each other and pretending we're all smarter than everyone else.

The days of objectivity are long gone.

I love it. Brock is a fighter and calm. You can tell after the game he flipped that switch for the final drive. He's like that dude in equilibrium lmao. That's exactly what we want - hardened ice veins baby. I feel the media being this way will only help make him what we want him to be. Let them be the enemy.
Share 49ersWebzone