LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 179 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by Giedi:
I love what these stats say.

Didn't realize they classified the Brock turnover in the Eagles game as a fumble. Always thought it was an interception, but I blocked that game out.

The ball was on the ground when the Eagles picked it up so clearly not an interception.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Purdy has to be the version of himself that he was against Dallas and Philadelphia, be accurate and decisive, they are going to bring pressure, bring blitzes and when they do, he's going to have to make them pay for it. As tough as Detroit has been against the run much of the season, the passing game has to be a major plus.

true. #2 vs run, #27 vs pass.

This will be the game Kyle calls 40 runs.

Hope not but wouldn't be surprised.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by tankle104:

lmao roasted that nerd

what is the tweet he's replying to?

Originally posted by YACBros85:
Purdy has to be the version of himself that he was against Dallas and Philadelphia, be accurate and decisive, they are going to bring pressure, bring blitzes and when they do, he's going to have to make them pay for it. As tough as Detroit has been against the run much of the season, the passing game has to be a major plus.

true. #2 vs run, #27 vs pass.

This will be the game Kyle calls 40 runs.

Hope not but wouldn't be surprised.

our offense is at its best when we pass to set up the run thats what we will be trying to do in all playoff games
Originally posted by NCommand:

Now show Jimmy Garoppolo's 4Q stats. LOL

I saw a stat comparison (jimmy played 6 games) and Brock has matched his touchdowns and has none of the turnovers. Lol also, Brock has really only played 3 playoff games, the fourth one he was injured immediately.
I saw a stat comparison (jimmy played 6 games) and Brock has matched his touchdowns and has none of the turnovers. Lol also, Brock has really only played 3 playoff games, the fourth one he was injured immediately.

It's 3 games and a few plays. So yes same amount of TD's in half the time without the mistakes.

Different team when the main guy doesn't shrink in the 4th quarter. That last drive was so impressive, especially with how poor he was playing most of the game.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Jan 23, 2024 at 8:24 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

Now show Jimmy Garoppolo's 4Q stats. LOL

I still love Jimmy, but dude was awful in the playoffs. It's just a fact. It's a miracle we won four playoff games with him.

His BEST playoff game was the NFC Championship loss to the Rams where we scored 17 points and he completely disappeared after the good TD pass to Kittle in the 3rd. Playoff sample sizes are obviously small but so far Purdy's WORST playoff game out of 3 was still better than Jimmy's BEST playoff game out of 6.
Brady still has a few detractors, everyone laughs at them now though.

At a certain point, if you win enough, the criticism just stops making sense.

Ridiculous nonsense.

I will say this, very simply for everyone to hear:

In 2024 (and quite honestly, as far back as say 2010, definitely 2016+), if your team wins a Super Bowl your QB is legit. Maybe you could make an exception for Nick Foles, but in general the performance needed has to be legit (and Foles was good in that game).

Had the Niners won the SB with Garoppolo, one way or the other he was legit. Maybe not an ultra franchise elite guy, but given how freaking hard it is to win an SB, at some point the QB has to win it for you.

The fact that there are a lot of highly rated but not elite guys who haven't won (many) playoff games (Dak, Cousins) means there's no guarantee they win a Bowl with the 49ers. None.

Winning in postseason is hard to do. On some level Garoppolo might've been a bit underrated....
It's Brock against the world. In order for him to remove the stigma of being Mr. irrelevant and any QB can succeed in the 49ers team is for him to do what his predecessors couldn't do and that's win the Super Bowl.
Everything Brock has done so far means nothing . The only thing that matters is what he does the rest of the way starting Sunday. Josh Allen was great down the stretch for the Bills. He was a one man wrecking crew. In the end it didn't matter. He couldn't beat the Chiefs. That's how I feel about Brock. He needs to play well and beat the Lions or all his nice stats in 2023 don't mean squat.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Everything Brock has done so far means nothing . The only thing that matters is what he does the rest of the way starting Sunday. Josh Allen was great down the stretch for the Bills. He was a one man wrecking crew. In the end it didn't matter. He couldn't beat the Chiefs. That's how I feel about Brock. He needs to play well and beat the Lions or all his nice stats in 2023 don't mean squat.

Correct. It's still a failure of a season if we don't win Sunday.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Correct. It's still a failure of a season if we don't win Sunday.
IMHO it's a failure if we don't win the Super Bowl. That's my standard now for this team. Can't be going to the NFCC multiple times in the past few years and not come away with a Super Bowl win. Niners would just be the cowboys 2.0
[ Edited by Alfienator on Jan 23, 2024 at 8:41 AM ]
Originally posted by Alfienator:
IMHO it's a failure if we don't win the Super Bowl. That's my standard now for this team. Can't be going to the NFCC multiple times in the past few years and not come away with a Super Bowl win. Niners would just be the cowboys 2.0

Cowboys don't go to NFC championships.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Ggreat! Niners win one or Two more games a year but still end up as losers. Glad that's our bar.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Jan 23, 2024 at 8:46 AM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

I know, that's why I said cowboys 2.0. Which is slightly better. Can get deep in the playoffs but never win the big one.
Share 49ersWebzone