LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 183 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Notwithstanding the Amy Trask comments, if I were a GM and these were my final four draft options, my draft board would be
  1. Patrick Mahomes
  2. Lamar Jackson
  3. Brock Purdy
  4. Jared Goff
Here is how they were actually drafted relative to each other
  1. Jared Goff #1
  2. Patrick Mahomes #10
  3. Lamar Jackson #32
  4. Brock Purdy #262
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Ok thats fair. The stats are always b******t to me for the most part. Just saying you can't judge a young player like this purely on whether or not his team wins the SB. Playing well throughout the season counts.

Finally, I keep hearing it's now or never crap regarding the SB and it's like dude..

We are really stacked this year, have all the weapons to do it, so it would make sense this would be the year to do it..but I am kinda tired of this SB or bust talk.

He has been amazing, broken more records than I can keep up with lol..I have referred to him as Brock Brees for idk how long haha. I didn't start saying that cause it sounded cute a year ago or whatever...I meant it. He has reminded me of Brees a lot. Dude has been great but I keep hearing things like..'well..I mean that's awesome and everything but if he doesn't get us the SB ...blah blah. Lol.

Kinda silly imo. It's kind of a miracle that the guy made it this far, coming off a major surgery, didn't know how the recovery was going to go..came through it ridiculously fast...but ppl were b--thing about arm strength early on and it's like..what else could you want from this guy? No, I mean seriously.

He has come so far and has done so well it's amazing and it's like, 'oh we will see because ya know..it's all about the trophy'. 'It has gotta be this year..I am tired of waiting, it's been soo long since we have had a trophy'..tell that to Browns fans. Maybe chill out and enjoy the ride a bit, cause it's a great one. . BP will continue to be great, it's just the type of player he is
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I hope pat shows up up to the NFCC with a Purdy jersey on and gets our locker room amped up.
Originally posted by TopDogBerkeley:
Notwithstanding the Amy Trask comments, if I were a GM and these were my final four draft options, my draft board would be
  1. Patrick Mahomes
  2. Lamar Jackson
  3. Brock Purdy
  4. Jared Goff
Here is how they were actually drafted relative to each other
  1. Jared Goff #1
  2. Patrick Mahomes #10
  3. Lamar Jackson #32
  4. Brock Purdy #262

Good post!

In terms of team building, I think we built like DET did. Neither SF or DET began their builds with the high end QB in the draft. Both traded for QBs, who were thought to be good / serviceable, and built around them.

Love this guy, add to the list of ex players who know what they are talking about and aren't COWARDS like r. clark
McAfee, Acho, R. Sherman, Whitner, Young etc. These guys deserve credit for going against the grain and looking at the facts
Originally posted by BP13:

Love this guy, add to the list of ex players who know what they are talking about and aren't COWARDS like r. clark
McAfee, Acho, R. Sherman, Whitner, Young etc. These guys deserve credit for going against the grain and looking at the facts

Pat McAfee is usually pretty fair.
Originally posted by Montana:
Finally, I keep hearing it's now or never crap regarding the SB and it's like dude..

We are really stacked this year, have all the weapons to do it, so it would make sense this would be the year to do it..but I am kinda tired of this SB or bust talk.

He has been amazing, broken more records than I can keep up with lol..I have referred to him as Brock Brees for idk how long haha. I didn't start saying that cause it sounded cute a year ago or whatever...I meant it. He has reminded me of Brees a lot. Dude has been great but I keep hearing things like..'well..I mean that's awesome and everything but if he doesn't get us the SB ...blah blah. Lol.

Kinda silly imo. It's kind of a miracle that the guy made it this far, coming off a major surgery, didn't know how the recovery was going to go..came through it ridiculously fast...but ppl were b--thing about arm strength early on and it's like..what else could you want from this guy? No, I mean seriously.

He has come so far and has done so well it's amazing and it's like, 'oh we will see because ya know..it's all about the trophy'. 'It has gotta be this year..I am tired of waiting, it's been soo long since we have had a trophy'..tell that to Browns fans. Maybe chill out and enjoy the ride a bit, cause it's a great one. . BP will continue to be great, it's just the type of player he is

nice, inspiring speech! I agree, the "window" is open for long time as long as Brock and Kyle are together. they will grow together and improve and become more comfortable. It's a bright future
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Has this been talked about?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/49ers-wanted-tom-brady-to-be-their-quarterback-in-2023-before-settling-on-brock-purdy-per-report/

Yes, it's been talked about a lot.

When you don't know if your young QB is going to come back healthy then it only makes sense to kick the tires on a future HoF'er.

Not a deal AFAIC.

Green Bay was a different team than when they started.

Originally posted by tankle104:

I do think LaFleur gets a lot of credit and GB looks like a team to reckon with going forward. Lot of crazy good young TEs and WRs, and Love looked to be a FQB.

Just about everyone underestimated GB. After the slow start, many ignored them. Even when they beat Dallas, the narrative was "Dallas just choked again."

The truth was, GB was the better team...and they had been getting steadily better all season long. I still think they would have beaten Detroit had they gotten that far. Lombardi's chart is right on.

I said it in the GD thread and ever since the game, I am done with Ray Ray at WR,
if Deebo is out we have a bit of a problem, the advantage is we can plan around the absence rather than have it crop up in game, like last week.
Share 49ersWebzone