LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 216 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by YACBros85:
The narrative won't shift if Brock wins the SB. They already have set up that argument. Brock has Tony Stark and the Averangers.

It is such a *moronic* narrative, I am surprised it got any traction in the first place. It's absolutely stupid. Good grief. It irritates me a bit on how dumb this s**t is. Haha I have been in a bit of a mood this week. I am guessing partly cause I have read and heard so many ridiculously dumb and horrible takes. Are ppl really this dumb? I mean really, are they? Or is just to stir the pot and get ppl to talk about s**t and debate, click, add drama..it's probably just to add drama cause ppl can't be this stupid. Lol. Keep it coming I guess..and BP will just come out slingin'. Lol.
Originally posted by linkboy:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I predicted 276 and 4 scores. 400 yds would be a bit alarming. Would imply we are chucking all day and in some sort of insane shootout or trailing. I could be thinking too much about gameflow

I'd be curious in a stat like team record when QB goes for 400.

Not really, here's what Detroit's defense gave up in their last few games of the season:

• Week 16 @ Minnesota (411 by Mullens)
  • Week 17 @ Dallas (346 by Dak)
  • Week 18 vs Minnesota (396 by Mullens)
  • Wildcard vs Rams (367 by Stafford)
  • Divisional vs Tampa (349 by Mayfield)

They haven't held a QB under 300yds in weeks, and let Nick Mullens nearly break 400 on them twice.

Detroit can be passed on, the issue is going to be in the run game, and if McKivitz can hold up against Hutchinson.

Its like Kyle was using the Lions Gameplan against the Packers.
Originally posted by Montana:
The narrative won't shift if Brock wins the SB. They already have set up that argument. Brock has Tony Stark and the Averangers.

It is such a *moronic* narrative, I am surprised it got any traction in the first place. It's absolutely stupid. Good grief. It irritates me a bit on how dumb this s**t is. Haha I have been in a bit of a mood this week. I am guessing partly cause I have read and heard so many ridiculously dumb and horrible takes. Are ppl really this dumb? I mean really, are they? Or is just to stir the pot and get ppl to talk about s**t and debate, click, add drama..it's probably just to add drama cause ppl can't be this stupid. Lol. Keep it coming I guess..and BP will just come out slingin'. Lol.

I believe Brock is going to have a huge bounce back game.

I guess Peyton didn't have Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dwight Clark, Edgerrin James, etc. Yea this argument is dumb. It's the yin and the yang. To be great you need great players. Tom Brady did win the SB with scrubs one year, but that's more of an outlier. You look at any SB winning team and there are playmakers other than the QB everywhere
Originally posted by BP13:
Finally, I keep hearing it's now or never crap regarding the SB and it's like dude..

We are really stacked this year, have all the weapons to do it, so it would make sense this would be the year to do it..but I am kinda tired of this SB or bust talk.

He has been amazing, broken more records than I can keep up with lol..I have referred to him as Brock Brees for idk how long haha. I didn't start saying that cause it sounded cute a year ago or whatever...I meant it. He has reminded me of Brees a lot. Dude has been great but I keep hearing things like..'well..I mean that's awesome and everything but if he doesn't get us the SB ...blah blah. Lol.

Kinda silly imo. It's kind of a miracle that the guy made it this far, coming off a major surgery, didn't know how the recovery was going to go..came through it ridiculously fast...but ppl were b--thing about arm strength early on and it's like..what else could you want from this guy? No, I mean seriously.

He has come so far and has done so well it's amazing and it's like, 'oh we will see because ya know..it's all about the trophy'. 'It has gotta be this year..I am tired of waiting, it's been soo long since we have had a trophy'..tell that to Browns fans. Maybe chill out and enjoy the ride a bit, cause it's a great one. . BP will continue to be great, it's just the type of player he is

nice, inspiring speech! I agree, the "window" is open for long time as long as Brock and Kyle are together. they will grow together and improve and become more comfortable. It's a bright future

The window may not be as large as you think. Trent will be gone soon. Probably one more year. Deebo keeps getting hurt. Kittle is no kid in NFL terms. CMC is getting a lot of work and could get injured or burn out soon. Eventually they will have to pay Brock or let him go. If they don't win a SB in the next 2 years do you think they'll be willing to pay him $50 million per year. For that matter, if they fail to win will they stay with Kyle?

I hear this stuff about the door being open for a long time but a ot can happen. Injuries always happen. Core players sometimes leave or retire. Other teams in your division get better and make it tougher to get to the SB. When the opportunity is right there you need to grab it. Everything is in their favor. Mostly healthy. Home field advantage. Two major obstacles already out of the picture. It may not be like this again.

Damn, an hour long.
I predicted 276 and 4 scores. 400 yds would be a bit alarming. Would imply we are chucking all day and in some sort of insane shootout or trailing. I could be thinking too much about gameflow

Not really, here's what Detroit's defense gave up in their last few games of the season:

They haven't held a QB under 300yds in weeks, and let Nick Mullens nearly break 400 on them twice.

Detroit can be passed on, the issue is going to be in the run game, and if McKivitz can hold up against Hutchinson.

Good numbers. All those QBs lost. Except for Dak, who should have lost. That 2 pt debacle was a debacle. I suspect you don't want your QB throwing for 400. That means you are probably in some sort of trouble, as Mullens was. If we are kicking tail, there is no need to throw for 400.

Good numbers. All those QBs lost. Except for Dak, who should have lost. That 2 pt debacle was a debacle. I suspect you don't want your QB throwing for 400. That means you are probably in some sort of trouble, as Mullens was. If we are kicking tail, there is no need to throw for 400.

Both good points. But it's good to know we can pass on them if needed.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Both good points. But it's good to know we can pass on them if needed.

I expect us to pass on them, and them to run on us, and St Brown is more or less uncoverable, so shootout does seem like a good prediction
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Hot take: After watching more film, Brock Purdy didn't have a "bad game". What he did was similar to the Cowboys playoff game last year. He was a game manager. It was exactly what was needed after the entire team looked sluggish out of the bye with the bad weather.
I had the same takeaway. We moved the ball most drives and scored.

Originally posted by tankle104:

hrll yeah! I like Olsen as a commentator and like him even more now.

I stopped listening Colin, he could never get over the backwards hat and showed at his core he can't move his opinions based on new information . His buddy Nick will lead to the wrong side of history on this one.

Another thing I've noticed about Nick is he's a great Monday morning QB but if you look at his live tweets… he's wrong in the moment at a scary rate.

I now watch Pat at 12pm everyday.

Personally, all this criticism is good for our team. Keeps Purdy dialed in...keeps rest of the players go all out for him. This doesn't bother me at all.

Purdy doesn't let it get to him.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Perfectly said. HEAR f**kINGHEAR!!!
  • thl408
Originally posted by 4ML:
Personally, all this criticism is good for our team. Keeps Purdy dialed in...keeps rest of the players go all out for him. This doesn't bother me at all.

Purdy doesn't let it get to him.

Agreed. The last time the media sucked off the 49ers they went on a three game losing streak (after DAL game).
I believe Brock is going to have a huge bounce back game.

I think he'll go 260 and 2 TDs
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Perfectly said. HEAR f**kINGHEAR!!!

I wonder what the narrative would be had he not been injured and the Niners win it last year. That was when he had all of the juice for playing at such a high level as the last player taken in the draft. That's really the only difference this year is there is way less talk about his draft status, but it's still being held against him.
Share 49ersWebzone