LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 153 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Outside of the Bay Area, they say Goff is better than Purdy. I just don't see it at all, I guess Goff with prime Gurley was really good for two seasons, but we've seen him multiple times.

They must all smoke meth because that is dumb AF.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
In Todays clown show Greg Jennings said Niners should move off Brock and sign Justin fields.

[ Edited by Crown on Jan 23, 2024 at 2:15 PM ]

i didn't realize Brock has played in less games than love.
Originally posted by tankle104:

Purdy's started more games than Love

25 games / 21 starts

Jordan Love - 27 games / 18 starts
[ Edited by boast on Jan 23, 2024 at 2:20 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by picklejuice:

was this posted earlier? either way i like!

Man that is humorously interesting to say the least. Juice is yelling at George to "park his ass" there right after he starts to motion. It's nearly a delay of game and Walla, long ass TD run. oh sorry correction, it's actually Brock yelling at George to "stay there stay there" after juice was signaling him to go in motion.

Pretty impressive for a 2nd year QB. He is in complete control.

Purdy definitely knows the Run game. Kyle called a couple of runs in the second half! Color me Happy and Surprised!
Originally posted by Crown:
In Todays clown show Greg Jennings said Niners should move off Brock and sign Justin fields.

Wow the narratives become increasingly stupid AF. Fields processing is like using a washboard compared to a modern, computerized washing machine.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Jan 23, 2024 at 2:27 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by picklejuice:

was this posted earlier? either way i like!

Man that is humorously interesting to say the least. Juice is yelling at George to "park his ass" there right after he starts to motion. It's nearly a delay of game and Walla, long ass TD run. oh sorry correction, it's actually Brock yelling at George to "stay there stay there" after juice was signaling him to go in motion.

Pretty impressive for a 2nd year QB. He is in complete control.

What's wild is the more I review the game - it wasn't as horrific as it seemed. It def wasn't a good game but Brock was a couple missed throws away from a 30+ Point game again (obviously helped by CMCs runs).

it felt like we only put up 3 points all game. Lol like it was the 2011 NFCC where we were like 1/11 on third downs, but we were 10/16 on third downs.

The rain and Deebo going out - he's an essential part of the run game - really screwed up the offense in the Green Bay game.

With Deebo injured, I think they go 50/50 with the game planning. 50% of the game plan will be with Deebo healthy, and the other 50% is without him being healthy. I think that will give the 49ers flexibility should they *do play* Deebo and he gets dinged again this Sunday like the last game.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
I notice 2 former patriots (Brusci and McCourty) in the media giving Brock a lot of love for that winning drive. Clearly they have seen what that looks like before and know what they're talking about when it comes to clutch QBs

Yeah Tedy was giving love to the 49ers and Brock saying this is exactly the type of game that champions win.

AGree 💯%, great points about Champions and Winners know Champions and Winners. Whereas Losers just know Losers.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Niner fans realize that much of the disrespect Brock receives is because he was the last pick in the draft. Then there's the narrative about him playing for a bright offensive coach and being surrounded by a lot of talent. We have some that point to his lack of size, average arm strength and lack of running ability. All of those things are true.

He's not an athletic marvel that's going to keep DCs up at night trying to figure out how to contain him. He moves well in the pocket but he's not really a threat to run. His arm is more than adequate but it's not on the level of several other QBs. We've seen him struggle throwing in the rain. All of these things are true.

What he does as good as anyone is throw accurately and on time. His ball placement is usually perfect which allows the receivers a chance to gain extra yards. He reads defenses quickly and has good field vision. He understands the offense well. He's a terrific competitor. All of these traits make up for his shortcomings. The problem is the things he does well don't usually make the highlight reels so much of the nation doesn't see the good. They just know the part about being picked last and he's not big or fast.

Seahawk fans are some of the last people you'd expect to respect Purdy, but after 4 straight losses to him , they have begun to begrudgingly give it up to him.

The Niners have had only one blowout win in the postseason with Purdy and that was the Seahawk wildcard where most of the damage came in the 2nd half.

Unfortunately people only seem to care about the postseason.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Now show Jimmy Garoppolo's 4Q stats. LOL

I'll just sum it up by saying - **It's not good!**

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImAlwaysRight:
Originally posted by Giedi:
I love what these stats say.

Should be an asterisk next to the one loss

Great point!!! Agree 💯%.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by bewdynewk:
Sick of these know it all d******ds putting s**t on out Quarterback. I hope he has a blinder on Sunday so they can shut the f%&k up.

It's not gonna matter. They have set it up as a no win for Brock. He plays well, it's Kyle and all the talent around him. He plays bad, it's all Brock.

This is how the world is now. Zero accountability for being wrong, trolling all the time. It's all about arguing, disproving each other and pretending we're all smarter than everyone else.

The days of objectivity are long gone.

AGree, and I'll just add that I think the technology is a bit to blame. I remember reading the SF Chronicle about what Walsh and the players said after the game, but nowadays, I just go on the internet and you can *see for yourself* what Kyle and the players said without needing an 3rd party to give you the info. It's there on the internet. Now those 3rd parties that would just give you info, can't make money giving you info - they have to generate money by entertaining you -- or the harder job is to add value and a deeper perspective to the information. The good journalists can do it, the bad journalists can't.

Thats what's wild to me is the media keeps talking about purdy like hes a seasoned vet and already hit his ceiling
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I still love Jimmy, but dude was awful in the playoffs. It's just a fact. It's a miracle we won four playoff games with him.

His BEST playoff game was the NFC Championship loss to the Rams where we scored 17 points and he completely disappeared after the good TD pass to Kittle in the 3rd. Playoff sample sizes are obviously small but so far Purdy's WORST playoff game out of 3 was still better than Jimmy's BEST playoff game out of 6.

I have to agree. Purdy does outclass Jimmy. But Purdy is outclassing guys like Baker Mayfield, Love and Josh Allen too. He's a generational QB in my book. Jimmy is one hell of a QB but he's not a Brock Purdy. Those three number one picks really should have been used for Brock - in hindsight. But it is what it is. We could have used those three number one picks on the offensive line.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Giedi:
I love what these stats say.

Now show Jimmy Garoppolo's 4Q stats. LOL

Share 49ersWebzone