LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 136 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Well there is a good portion of people who believe he's hit his ceiling because of his physical skill set. I don't believe that and I think it's nonsense but they're out there. As he gets more experience, he will continue to get better and more decisive. More potent in the 2 minute drill.

he's just scratching the surface. He has barely more games than stroud and they talk about him like the second coming of Jesus (and he's a freakin stud) but I think that if you're going to crown a young stud like stroud - then you should do the same with Brock.

overall, I don't really care what others think or feel. I just care about the team results. So eff all of them and let's go win a freakin chip!

What is wrong with his skillset?
He is very mobile
He can make all of the throws at a high level
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Well there is a good portion of people who believe he's hit his ceiling because of his physical skill set. I don't believe that and I think it's nonsense but they're out there. As he gets more experience, he will continue to get better and more decisive. More potent in the 2 minute drill.

he's just scratching the surface. He has barely more games than stroud and they talk about him like the second coming of Jesus (and he's a freakin stud) but I think that if you're going to crown a young stud like stroud - then you should do the same with Brock.

overall, I don't really care what others think or feel. I just care about the team results. So eff all of them and let's go win a freakin chip!

What is wrong with his skillset?
He is very mobile
He can make all of the throws at a high level

A lot of folks believe that If your qb isn't built like Mahommes/Allen/Herbert - they're limited… which is odd. Lol I'll take a Joe montana every day of the week. Even Brady improved his arm as time went on, he wasn't nearly the same player that he ended up being for the first 8 or so years of his career - he was super clowned on because he had a mediocre arm and super unathletic
Meh Mahomes wouldn't have gotten a ring last yr if they faced us..dude has had a lot of luck
Originally posted by Montana:
Meh Mahomes wouldn't have gotten a ring last yr if they faced us..dude has had a lot of luck

I'm curious if the chiefs plan, assuming we play the chiefs in the dance, would be to put the ball in Brock's hand. Their plan with jimmy was to put the ball in his hands (per Mooney).

Would be so cool to win it all against the chiefs… in Vegas. Then we could ask Jimmy if weird things are happening for San Fran in Vegas 😈
I'm curious if the chiefs plan, assuming we play the chiefs in the dance, would be to put the ball in Brock's hand. Their plan with jimmy was to put the ball in his hands (per Mooney).

Would be so cool to win it all against the chiefs… in Vegas. Then we could ask Jimmy if weird things are happening for San Fran in Vegas 😈

Every team loads up against our run. Chiefs run defense isn't good so I'd imagine they will be going heavy in prep there.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Every team loads up against our run. Chiefs run defense isn't good so I'd imagine they will be going heavy in prep there.

Hopefully we can run well on them. They do have good corners though. Idk if they run man or zone more - we seem to do much better against man than zone.
I like our offense with Brock. It's been really exciting for most of the season so far. Way better with Jimmy even though I liked Jimmy who came at the right time back then. Could care less what others think. I think Brock has learned a lot and had more to go and look forward to the next few years. I don't think he's a one year wonder at all. I also really like his demeanor and professionalism. That whole backwards hat thing was plain stupid. Even greats like Brady had his hat backwards during pressers. Folks are reaching. It's comical. I wish our defense was equal to last year's though. Our defense line needs to get better pressure and plug the wholes. That concerns me more than Brock.

I'm not sure but I heard they made a Jimmy inspired bedroom at the bunny ranch. Maybe Brock and his fiance can check it out after he wins the SB.
I really want him to win it now and win Super Bowl MVP. Just to shut up all these damn idiots. Steven Ruiz will have to retire. I would love to see the look and explanation on the face of Nick WRONG. The trolls will be less on Twitter and other places. Everything will be better. We add another trophy to the case too.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I really want him to win it now and win Super Bowl MVP. Just to shut up all these damn idiots. Steven Ruiz will have to retire. I would love to see the look and explanation on the face of Nick WRONG. The trolls will be less on Twitter and other places. Everything will be better. We add another trophy to the case too.

they're just gonna say it wasnt because of him, blah blah blah

its time to ignore these losers
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

they're just gonna say it wasnt because of him, blah blah blah

its time to ignore these losers

That probably will be their reasoning.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Wow! Kyle is *Mad!* Wow!

I had a quick back and forth with Brad in the comments of that. That was Brian Griese, not Shanny. Shanny was wearing a red hoody jacket and grey pants.
Originally posted by Silky:

I'm not sure but I heard they made a Jimmy inspired bedroom at the bunny ranch. Maybe Brock and his fiance can check it out after he wins the SB.

something tells me Brock won't be able to get it up in the Jimmy inspired room

Share 49ersWebzone