There are 153 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:

Anna Frey gonna drop 3 tuddies.

Lol there's no way he said that

The play where Mooney slips and they hit the guy he was supposed to be covering - Mooney would of been in great position for a potential pick. So many slips. Lol

the 40+ yard PI call was on such a bad throw by love. Lol thomas just panicked.

mckivitz got Brock blasted on the first drive after half. Might of been a house call if he was able to get it to Aiyuk. Not Brock's fault though
Awesome edit
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 23, 2024 at 8:27 PM ]
Awesome edit

Totally love it haha

But he is my qb
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

bro, I'm not even going to say what I thought you wrote at first glance...

[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 23, 2024 at 8:49 PM ]
This is what people are failing to appreciate about that winning drive. When Jimmy failed to execute in the SB everyone points to the deep miss to Sanders. But that was never a high percentage thing he ever was able to execute. However, if you havent you should checkout JTO's breakdown of Jimmy in that game, and really what Jimmy failed to do was hit the basic bread and butter throws to Kittle over the middle to keep those last drives going. Those are the "game manager" plays that he left on the field.

Contrast that with Purdys drive against the Packers. Purdy hit the high percentage throws to Kittle and Jennings, and had some dots to BA and Conley. But what impressed me most was the shot he decided not to take. On that 9 yard scramble play, he had a window to throw to BA for a TD. Most people looking at the film would say that is a miss, but what he ended up doing showed his high football IQ. He probably could have hit that if he threw it, but there was always the chance of a defender tipping it or just making a play on the ball. Or if he did hit it, we score but GB would have a lot more time and a lot less pressure to get in field goal range. Instead he pulled the ball down and picked up 9 easy yards to get within CMC's scoring range while also bleeding clock. Totally different approach to Josh Allen who was dead set on hitting the home run rather than take what the defense gave him, hit the sure thing throws and keep grinding out the drive.

Montana and Brady made their careers out of being elite game managers in clutch moments and I think Brock has that same quality.
[ Edited by Young2Owens on Jan 23, 2024 at 9:08 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
This is what people are failing to appreciate about that winning drive. When Jimmy failed to execute in the SB everyone points to the deep miss to Sanders. But that was never a high percentage thing he ever was able to execute. However, if you havent you should checkout JTO's breakdown of Jimmy in that game, and really what Jimmy failed to do was hit the basic bread and butter throws to Kittle over the middle to keep those last drives going. Those are the "game manager" plays that he left on the field.

Contrast that with Purdys drive against the Packers. Purdy hit the high percentage throws to Kittle and Jennings, and had some dots to BA and Conley. But what impressed me most was the shot he decided not to take. On that 9 yard scramble play, he had a window to throw to BA for a TD. Most people looking at the film would say that is a miss, but what he ended up doing showed his high football IQ. He probably could have hit that if he threw it, but there was always the chance of a defender tipping it or just making a play on the ball. Or if he did hit it, we score but GB would have a lot more time and a lot less pressure to get in field goal range. Instead he pulled the ball down and picked up 9 easy yards to get within CMC's scoring range while also bleeding clock. Totally different approach to Josh Allen who was dead set on hitting the home run rather than take what the defense gave him, hit the sure thing throws and keep grinding out the drive.

Montana and Brady made their careers out of being elite game managers in clutch moments and I think Brock has that same quality.

The more film I've watched on Brock's play during the divisional game - the more I realize that it wasn't nearly as bad as it seemed live. Yes, Brock missed a handful of throws he usually makes, but he also made a lot of important plays and great throws.

there is a reason why we won this game when we couldn't in the past with jimmy, and it isn't because Brock sucked. That was elite level play when we needed it most.

can't wait for Sunday, baby! Going to punch our ticket to the mofkn super bowl!!

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:

It's crazy how the seemingly smallest things that can go entirely unnoticed have the ability to completely change the trajectory of a game. This is the type of stuff that you can't quantify for a QB, and Brock has been doing this type of stuff since he was a rookie.

The mental sharpness to hone in on the details makes those extraordinary plays ordinary for Brock. Brock looks Ordinary, but he's really Extra-Ordinary!
Originally posted by Young2Owens:

The more film I've watched on Brock's play during the divisional game - the more I realize that it wasn't nearly as bad as it seemed live. Yes, Brock missed a handful of throws he usually makes, but he also made a lot of important plays and great throws.

there is a reason why we won this game when we couldn't in the past with jimmy, and it isn't because Brock sucked. That was elite level play when we needed it most.

can't wait for Sunday, baby! Going to punch our ticket to the mofkn super bowl!!

Yup people forget this is the playoffs, we will always face the toughest teams and defenses in the toughest conditions. It rarely looks pretty. Earlier I watched highlights from the catch game and Joe had his struggles too but came through when it mattered most. Thats what you need in your QB in the playoffs.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Lol there's no way he said that

Its fake, would be funny though
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

bro, I'm not even going to say what I thought you wrote at first glance...

lol
The stuff I see all over the internet. Particularly on Twitter and Instagram by randoms and hot takes is all physical stuff.

* Not big enough.
* Not strong enough arm.
* Can't run a 4.3.
* Doesn't look the part. He's not a giant imposing guy like Josh Allen.
* Draft status argument. He can't be that good if he was picked late.
* He has good players around him argument. Never used against anyone else.

It's all just size and stature and appearance stuff. Plus draft status of course.

If you look at the arguments or even talk to these people it's NOTHING TO DO with how he ACTUALLY PLAYS. It's not even related to that. No matter what he does, no matter how good, how many wins, how efficient, elite processing, tremendous accuracy, timing and anticipation, off schedule plays it is just never enough.

They just keep pointing to the pre canned ideas about his physical stuff. Which they overrate anyway. He has enough physically. It's tougher to see the mental side of football. The average fan just looks at physical super hero's and assumes they are a great player. Lamar can run fast. Allen is bigger than Linebackers. That's what they see. He's too average size looking and doesn't have that super hero athlete appearance that you can point to. They just don't see it. Not that it isn't there. They are just looking in the wrong places.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 24, 2024 at 1:56 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone