LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 232 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:

It's crazy how the seemingly smallest things that can go entirely unnoticed have the ability to completely change the trajectory of a game. This is the type of stuff that you can't quantify for a QB, and Brock has been doing this type of stuff since he was a rookie.

The mental sharpness to hone in on the details makes those extraordinary plays ordinary for Brock. Brock looks Ordinary, but he's really Extra-Ordinary!

I couldn't agree more. Great point hero. That's total command.
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:

Damn, that's awesome. Quick thinking and yet another example of him processing things without getting flustered. Coming from a guy that's less than 2 full seasons into his career, that's impressive.
Good morning all!

this time next week, we will be talking about us playing in the super bowl. Life is good. I LOVE BROCK PURDY! FOOK THE LIONS!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tankle104:
Good morning all!

this time next week, we will be talking about us playing in the super bowl. Life is good. I LOVE BROCK PURDY! FOOK THE LIONS!

Seen some comments on Youtube that the Lions is the bigger story than Brock Purdy. Meaning it will be the first time the Lions ever went to a Super Bowl. But my reply is, "but there are a lot of teams that haven't gone to the Super Bowl, no Mr. Irrelevant has ever guided their team to a Super Bowl".
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Good morning all!

Seen some comments on Youtube that the Lions is the bigger story than Brock Purdy. Meaning it will be the first time the Lions ever went to a Super Bowl. But my reply is, "but there are a lot of teams that haven't gone to the Super Bowl, no Mr. Irrelevant has ever guided their team to a Super Bowl".

Lol 49ers are the largest money maker for the nfl left. We have the biggest following and an incredible story in Brock. No one wants to see Goff put up 3 points again in a boring ass super bowl. Which is what will happen if he plays the ravens.

no one gives a flying eff about Detroit. Niners bring that either people love them or want to see them lose, either way it will get people to tune in.

niners vs KC is the biggest money maker for the nfl left. Especially with TS/Mahommes/potentially Reid retiring.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Good morning all!

Lol 49ers are the largest money maker for the nfl left. We have the biggest following and an incredible story in Brock. No one wants to see Goff put up 3 points again in a boring ass super bowl. Which is what will happen if he plays the ravens.

no one gives a flying eff about Detroit. Niners bring that either people love them or want to see them lose, either way it will get people to tune in.

niners vs KC is the biggest money maker for the nfl left. Especially with TS/Mahommes/potentially Reid retiring.

Exactly!! Which is why, I think the 9ers beat the s**t outta the Lions.

But man I have a hard time seeing KC beating Baltimore with that defense, then again the Chiefs have the #1 defense too.
  • titan
  • Veteran
  • FLIP. Put J.Love in Purdys role as the Niners QB with the exact same stats and that final winning drive…J Love would've been celebrated by the media.
[ Edited by titan on Jan 24, 2024 at 7:01 AM ]
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Good morning all!

No doubt the entire world will be against us this Sunday. I think the 49ers, generally speaking, are considered as one of the good guys. But this week is all about the Cinderella story with Detroit. Even the pundits that know the Niners have the upper hand are just looking for a reason to pick Detroit this week.
We need to come out strong and fast and put this game away early. Can't let the refs have any influence if its close at the end.
Good morning all!

Exactly!! Which is why, I think the 9ers beat the s**t outta the Lions.

But man I have a hard time seeing KC beating Baltimore with that defense, then again the Chiefs have the #1 defense too.

I feel like everyone is talking about mahommes vs Baltimore's defense but are missing the fact that Lamar had to play the chiefs really good defense.

i think Lamar will have some turnovers and really only be productive on the ground. I trust mahommes to go off a lot more than I trust Lamar to.

Originally posted by YACBros85:
We need to come out strong and fast and put this game away early. Can't let the refs have any influence if its close at the end.

We are going to beat the brakes off of these dome playing clowns. I'm predicting 37-17. If they score more, it's cause they are scoring in garbage time like the last time we played them. We blew them out and they scored a bunch at the end.

We are going to beat the brakes off of these dome playing clowns. I'm predicting 37-17. If they score more, it's cause they are scoring in garbage time like the last time we played them. We blew them out and they scored a bunch at the end.
What was last games prediction?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The stuff I see all over the internet. Particularly on Twitter and Instagram by randoms and hot takes is all physical stuff.

* Not big enough.
* Not strong enough arm.
* Can't run a 4.3.
* Doesn't look the part. He's not a giant imposing guy like Josh Allen.
* Draft status argument. He can't be that good if he was picked late.
* He has good players around him argument. Never used against anyone else.

It's all just size and stature and appearance stuff. Plus draft status of course.

If you look at the arguments or even talk to these people it's NOTHING TO DO with how he ACTUALLY PLAYS. It's not even related to that. No matter what he does, no matter how good, how many wins, how efficient, elite processing, tremendous accuracy, timing and anticipation, off schedule plays it is just never enough.

They just keep pointing to the pre canned ideas about his physical stuff. Which they overrate anyway. He has enough physically. It's tougher to see the mental side of football. The average fan just looks at physical super hero's and assumes they are a great player. Lamar can run fast. Allen is bigger than Linebackers. That's what they see. He's too average size looking and doesn't have that super hero athlete appearance that you can point to. They just don't see it. Not that it isn't there. They are just looking in the wrong places.

For a moment there, I thought you were talking about Wayne Gretzkey.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

What was last games prediction?

My prediction was off cause the weather prediction was off. I would of predicted a much closer game if I knew it was going to rain as much as it did. The forecast that I saw literally said like 0.10 inch of rain. Lol

ive been on for most of my predictions. I got baltimore and the packers game wrong. I didn't expect 5 turnovers against baltimore and I didn't expect the rain to be as much as it was. There ended up being 7x or so more than that the forecast I saw.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 24, 2024 at 7:34 AM ]
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The stuff I see all over the internet. Particularly on Twitter and Instagram by randoms and hot takes is all physical stuff.

* Not big enough.
* Not strong enough arm.
* Can't run a 4.3.
* Doesn't look the part. He's not a giant imposing guy like Josh Allen.
* Draft status argument. He can't be that good if he was picked late.
* He has good players around him argument. Never used against anyone else.

It's all just size and stature and appearance stuff. Plus draft status of course.

If you look at the arguments or even talk to these people it's NOTHING TO DO with how he ACTUALLY PLAYS. It's not even related to that. No matter what he does, no matter how good, how many wins, how efficient, elite processing, tremendous accuracy, timing and anticipation, off schedule plays it is just never enough.

They just keep pointing to the pre canned ideas about his physical stuff. Which they overrate anyway. He has enough physically. It's tougher to see the mental side of football. The average fan just looks at physical super hero's and assumes they are a great player. Lamar can run fast. Allen is bigger than Linebackers. That's what they see. He's too average size looking and doesn't have that super hero athlete appearance that you can point to. They just don't see it. Not that it isn't there. They are just looking in the wrong places.

For a moment there, I thought you were talking about Wayne Gretzkey.

I forgot Goff could run a 4.3, super strong, is mobile, and is an elite processor. Lmao f**kin delusional fans. I like Goff and am happy it's turned out well for him, if we weren't playing them I'd want lions to win but they need to realize this isn't played in Detroit. This isn't played in a dome. This isn't a scrub defense, and this isn't a one trick pony offense. There won't be rain to even out the offenses.

at the end of the day, I'd take Purdy over Goff and Kyle over Campbell - doesn't mean I think they're bad but I'll take our squad over theirs six different ways to Sunday.
Share 49ersWebzone