LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 217 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
players being cmc
I wonder the logic

It's usually CMC. But Conley also shifted back 5 yards on that final drive on the Purdy scramble play.

[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Jan 24, 2024 at 9:36 AM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
players being cmc
I wonder the logic

Clean release

They ran that play with Conley a couple of times though. lol
  • Ruixx
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Brock is gonna be fired up for this game:

1. Barely played in the one last season thanks to the injury.

2. Massive disrespect from the media.

Think about how this game must have motivated him during his rehab… would he ever get back there, can he actually be a long-term starter in the league?

He's got to be so pumped for this game.

George Kittle also. I'm sure a whole bunch of guys on the team might feel the same. Let's go!

I actually think yeah it's more motivating to his teammates esp. since they all seem legit incredibly close. All players say they don't listen the outside noise but I actually belive Purdy when he says it. It truly seems like he 100 percent does not care what people say, he just wants to win.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The stuff I see all over the internet. Particularly on Twitter and Instagram by randoms and hot takes is all physical stuff.

* Not big enough.
* Not strong enough arm.
* Can't run a 4.3.
* Doesn't look the part. He's not a giant imposing guy like Josh Allen.
* Draft status argument. He can't be that good if he was picked late.
* He has good players around him argument. Never used against anyone else.

It's all just size and stature and appearance stuff. Plus draft status of course.

If you look at the arguments or even talk to these people it's NOTHING TO DO with how he ACTUALLY PLAYS. It's not even related to that. No matter what he does, no matter how good, how many wins, how efficient, elite processing, tremendous accuracy, timing and anticipation, off schedule plays it is just never enough.

They just keep pointing to the pre canned ideas about his physical stuff. Which they overrate anyway. He has enough physically. It's tougher to see the mental side of football. The average fan just looks at physical super hero's and assumes they are a great player. Lamar can run fast. Allen is bigger than Linebackers. That's what they see. He's too average size looking and doesn't have that super hero athlete appearance that you can point to. They just don't see it. Not that it isn't there. They are just looking in the wrong places.

For a moment there, I thought you were talking about Wayne Gretzkey.

It's just pure vitriol and hate on the internet that I see. They stick with the narrative no matter what he does. It doesn't matter how much he wins or how well he plays.
Originally posted by BP13:
I was wrong about the rain, but I do believe that it was tough for Brock to start a playoff game after 21 days off, which is a hard reset for a QB, especially a 24 year old one. I would have played him for a quarter or half in the Rams game, but that's hindsight and not important anymore. He persevered through weather, rust, and losing a top player, and here he is in the NFCCG. I expect to see the Brock we know, i'm really excited to watch him play on Sunday.

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
players being cmc
I wonder the logic

It's usually CMC. But Conley also shifted back 5 yards on that final drive on the Purdy scramble play.

Backing the player off the los holds his assignment tighter to the los. Makes the rest of the picture a lil cleaner. That's my supposition.
was at the game and haven't watched the replay yet..but I just heard Rice on our local radio that Purdy switched the ball from his right hand to left, wiped his hand and then switched the ball back to his right hand while still making the throw ?

any clips ?
Originally posted by Montana:

I hope we see big balls McKivitz on Sun too lol..we need full giant balls mode.
I hope we see big balls McKivitz on Sun too lol..we need full giant balls mode.

Gonna need to be much better with his hands than he was this week.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
was at the game and haven't watched the replay yet..but I just heard Rice on our local radio that Purdy switched the ball from his right hand to left, wiped his hand and then switched the ball back to his right hand while still making the throw ?

any clips ?

watch QB school and I think it was the throw to ray ray that went sideways on us, he gives multiple looks at it

any clips ?

• thl408
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
players being cmc
I wonder the logic

Clean release

They ran that play with Conley a couple of times though. lol

It's supposed to be Deebo doing that. I think the idea is that it draws in the flat defender because Deebo 2 yards in the backfield still demands attention. So doing that opens up an area the 49ers want to attack.

any clips ?

that's completely ridiculous to see
we need a big hands QB2, aka the rain QB
that's completely ridiculous to see
we need a big hands QB2, aka the rain QB

Def don't want a QB2 in that role who has a bad propensity to fumble

any clips ?

Pretty cool!
Share 49ersWebzone