LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 150 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Giedi:
That was a 40 yard pass, and deadly accurate thrown on the run. Brock didn't even heave it like a javelin throw, he basically flicked his wrist and it went 40 yards. I still can't believe folks say that his arm is a negative after seeing a throw like that. His arm is above average, for the Football God's sake. Now Add in the Mahomes/Lamar-like mobility on that play too, and people still call him a below average athlete. Unbelievable! My only explanation is they simply don't watch the game.

This. So many people were wrong about him that they have to keep sticking to their narrative, because they would rather not admit they were wrong. It's pathetic

That's true.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They currently have him in a lose, lose situation.

* Win the Super Bowl - it was expected. He's on a great team. He got dragged there by his team.
* Lose and don't make the Super Bowl - they failed because of Purdy. Trade for Fields. Anybody is better here.

What do they want him to do?

Break the system and tie in the Super Bowl.

They do have him in a can't win box with that though and it's definitely on purpose too.
Originally posted by Shorteous:
So this play is also the play where we saw Purdy yelling "what are you doing." Would have been a first down if Ray Ray doesn't change the route, also added to the "Purdy is off" feel during that stretch in the late 3rd to 4th Quarter.

here's Purdy talking about it today

Also the same play that Brian and Shanahan were upset about on the sideline.

we end up pointing and the next play GB RB switches the field position. Luckily they missed the field goal.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chance:
Yeah, that's fair. Stroud has certainly had an incredible start to his career, and my thinking of Brock being better is more of an assessment of how special he is than any sort of indictment on Stroud. And admittedly, I'm biased, but man, we could be looking at an all-time great if he continues on this trajectory. And I think the same could be said of Stroud. Time will be the judge.

Unfortunately for Stroud, he may be in an Alex Smith situation. Alex Smith had a revolving offensive coordinator situation, and he's had multiple systems every year he had to learn. He could never get comfortable in any of them until Harbaugh came in and made the offense more balanced with a credible schemed run game. I hope Stroud can overcome that difficult situation and I hope Demeco can get him some stability on that side of the ball.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
the brock purdy hate is going thermonuclear this week

People claiming Fields would be an upgrade, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills

justin fields is ass, good rb though
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Yeah, that's fair. Stroud has certainly had an incredible start to his career, and my thinking of Brock being better is more of an assessment of how special he is than any sort of indictment on Stroud. And admittedly, I'm biased, but man, we could be looking at an all-time great if he continues on this trajectory. And I think the same could be said of Stroud. Time will be the judge.

Right. Just saying thats not a crazy take.

But to suggest we need to trade for Justin Fields like Greg Jennings did. Absurd.
Agree, I can't believe he's paid to spout BS stuff like that. Man to be an idiot and to be paid for it. Wow, that's a pretty good job.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Unfortunately for Stroud, he may be in an Alex Smith situation. Alex Smith had a revolving offensive coordinator situation, and he's had multiple systems every year he had to learn. He could never get comfortable in any of them until Harbaugh came in and made the offense more balanced with a credible schemed run game. I hope Stroud can overcome that difficult situation and I hope Demeco can get him some stability on that side of the ball.

Slowik is going to be a hot commodity.
Surpise! totally misreads Kittle's statement & says Niners huddle is now permanently "fractured" after Purdy yelled at McCloud...picks Chiefs over Ravens and to win it all 🤡:

[video][/video]
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Surpise! totally misreads Kittle's statement & says Niners huddle is now permanently "fractured" after Purdy yelled at McCloud...picks Chiefs over Ravens and to win it all 🤡:

[video][/video]

i refuse to watch the clickbait artist
I can't even watch that guy anymore. Nick WRONG is just disgusting.

Nick Wright is more often than not completely disingenuous when making his arguments.

Especially as it pertains to Brock Purdy, but just as much when it comes to Michael Jordan.

Outside of his completely wrong arguments and blatant Chiefs homerism I like Nick, but prefer Chris Broussard and Kevin Wiles on FTF.
Stop sharing these hot take idiots clips
[ Edited by Young2Owens on Jan 24, 2024 at 2:00 PM ]
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Nick Wright is more often than not completely disingenuous when making his arguments.

Especially as it pertains to Brock Purdy, but just as much when it comes to Michael Jordan.

Outside of his completely wrong arguments and blatant Chiefs homerism I like Nick, but prefer Chris Broussard and Kevin Wiles on FTF.

Broussard owns him all the time. I especially like his move the goal posts argument. Where he actually brought out the prop mini goal posts and moved them all around the table.

Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
They currently have him in a lose, lose situation.

* Win the Super Bowl - it was expected. He's on a great team. He got dragged there by his team.
* Lose and don't make the Super Bowl - they failed because of Purdy. Trade for Fields. Anybody is better here.

What do they want him to do?

Break the system and tie in the Super Bowl.

They do have him in a can't win box with that though and it's definitely on purpose too.

Deebo, Aiyuk, Williams, Kittle, CMC all get dysentery. They're fine but they are hospitalized during the SB. Then Purdy wins and gets SB MVP with Mitchell, Ray Ray, Jennings, Woerner, Mason, Bell and Conley. He then kisses Terry Bradshaw on the forehead before he hoists the Lombardi trophy. That's what he would have to do to gain their respect.

Actually Jennings might be too much talent and they would say Purdy had Jennings and didn't show much.
Broussard owns him all the time. I especially like his move the goal posts argument. Where he actually brought out the prop mini goal posts and moved them all around the table.

Yes, that one was great.

I can't wait to see Brock win Super Bowl MVP just to shut NW up or, more likely, to see those goal posts moved again.
Share 49ersWebzone