LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 140 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Bomani Jones was on 95.7 this morning calling Brock mediocre and all the usual stupid takes that the National Media has, but he mentioned Jimmy and it really got me thinking. While I personally think the on field comparison of Jimmy and Brock is absolutely ridiculous, he brought up one thing that I think is very similar: the defense of the two.

He mentioned that when the media criticized Jimmy, that Kyle, the players and a faction of fans got really emotional and were quick to defend Jimmy against the not so stellar reports of his play. And now that they saw Jimmy play horrendous football without Kyle and our offense, the National Media feels they were correct all along with their takes on Jimmy. Which, lets be honest....they absolutely were.

Now, those same media members who criticized Jimmy are getting the exact same kind of push back from the same people with their takes on Brock.

While I personally think its incredibly unfair to Brock to compare him to Jimmy, the same narrative is around that he is being carried by his team. And when these National Media members are getting the same push back from the same people about Brock, they are most likely thinking about how they have read this story before and that they were the ones who were correct last time....so why would they be wrong this time about the last pick in the draft with what they perceive as limited physical tools flourishing in the same system a mediocre at best QB like Jimmy did?

So to an extent, I totally understand why they arent quick to believe Brock is the real deal like the majority of us do. They dont watch all the games, and are hearing the same people say the same things in response to them. I get it. I just completely disagree.

49er fans that were honest with what they were seeing knew Jimmy was being propped up by his supporting cast. It's unfortunate that Brock is being lumped in as being a QB propped up by his supporting cast. We know it isn't the case, but only prolonged success over multiple seasons will get the national media to change their view on Brock. We as 49er fans are better off not caring what the national media thinks and view it as a positive that Brock continues to be doubted. It's been this way his entire football playing career, being overlooked, and it's gotten him this far.

They also forget that Jimmy was likely demoted effectively for Brock. Jimmy only left when he knew he would be 3rd down.
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
was at the game and haven't watched the replay yet..but I just heard Rice on our local radio that Purdy switched the ball from his right hand to left, wiped his hand and then switched the ball back to his right hand while still making the throw ?

any clips ?

Pretty cool!

So this play is also the play where we saw Purdy yelling "what are you doing." Would have been a first down if Ray Ray doesn't change the route, also added to the "Purdy is off" feel during that stretch in the late 3rd to 4th Quarter.

here's Purdy talking about it today

That's good s**t from Brock. No blame. All about football communication. He might've gotten pissed at the time, but came to the sideline, talk to Ray Ray like 2 guys playing football. You just know he had done this before his years in college being a leader, a qb.

This guy playing and behaving like a 7 year vet out there. Every scouts should be ashamed of himself for overlooking Brock.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Broussard owns him all the time. I especially like his move the goal posts argument. Where he actually brought out the prop mini goal posts and moved them all around the table.

Yes, that one was great.

I can't wait to see Brock win Super Bowl MVP just to shut NW up or, more likely, to see those goal posts moved again.

He will probably just move the goal posts again. It's what he does.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
was at the game and haven't watched the replay yet..but I just heard Rice on our local radio that Purdy switched the ball from his right hand to left, wiped his hand and then switched the ball back to his right hand while still making the throw ?

any clips ?

Pretty cool!

So this play is also the play where we saw Purdy yelling "what are you doing." Would have been a first down if Ray Ray doesn't change the route, also added to the "Purdy is off" feel during that stretch in the late 3rd to 4th Quarter.

here's Purdy talking about it today

That's good s**t from Brock. No blame. All about football communication. He might've gotten pissed at the time, but came to the sideline, talk to Ray Ray like 2 guys playing football. You just know he had done this before his years in college being a leader, a qb.

This guy playing and behaving like a 7 year vet out there. Every scouts should be ashamed of himself for overlooking Brock.

And yet we should be thanking them.

Damn, I didn't realize the CB fell at the beginning of the route. We only saw the end of the route where he caught up while Ray Ray was trynna decide outside or inside. No wonder Kyle lost his mind on the sideline lol.

Oops, that was actually Griese losing his mind on the sideline

Such a weird game. I'm sure both the Niners and the Packers thought the score shouldn't be this close after the game. Like both teams should've scored 30+ each.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 24, 2024 at 2:50 PM ]
Damn ESPN showing Brock's Interception free playoff streak like he didn't have a bunch of neat picks last game.

The Jinx is in.
I find this very interesting - Purdy told haberman today that the near pick Brock threw (which was fortunately dropped) made him tentative. I mean he is human, and inexperienced, but interesting he admitted that.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 24, 2024 at 3:31 PM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:
I find this very interesting - Purdy told haberman today that the near pick Brock threw (which was fortunately dropped) made him tentative. I mean he is human, and experienced, but interesting he admitted that.
i had a feeling that's what it was.. he should tell kyle, so coach can get in some plays to get that confidence back sooner than later
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 24, 2024 at 7:24 PM ]

Damn, I didn't realize the CB fell at the beginning of the route. We only saw the end of the route where he caught up while Ray Ray was trynna decide outside or inside. No wonder Kyle lost his mind on the sideline lol.

Oops, that was actually Griese losing his mind on the sideline

Such a weird game. I'm sure both the Niners and the Packers thought the score shouldn't be this close after the game. Like both teams should've scored 30+ each.

So now Kyle didn't have his team prepared for basic receiving routes. Is that a new hot take? Am I doing that right?

I find this very interesting - Purdy told haberman today that the near pick Brock threw (which was fortunately dropped) made him tentative. I mean he is human, and experienced, but interesting he admitted that.

That IS honest.

Dude is underrated as a leader IMO.

Dude is underrated as a leader IMO.

Well he is the reason why Iowa State turned it around while he was there. Many overlook that fact.
Can someone remind me where the second "dropped interception" was in terms of when it happened? I havent had a chance to rewatch the game and only remember the Savage play live. Where was this 2nd dropped pick?

On a side note, even if it this 2nd dropped pick does exist, I dont understand how anyone could have watched the game and concluded that Love outplayed Purdy. Both of Love's TDs happened on plays where the defender fell down. Love threw two interceptions. Love had two more balls that WE dropped. So yeah, he had one more touchdown than Brock did. But he also threw for less yards and had two turnovers. I dont get it.
I find this very interesting - Purdy told haberman today that the near pick Brock threw (which was fortunately dropped) made him tentative. I mean he is human, and inexperienced, but interesting he admitted that.

He wasn't tentative though, his throws prove that
Share 49ersWebzone