LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 137 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
I find this very interesting - Purdy told haberman today that the near pick Brock threw (which was fortunately dropped) made him tentative. I mean he is human, and experienced, but interesting he admitted that.

I wonder if he was talking more about the rain affecting his confidence.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by tankle104:
I find this very interesting - Purdy told haberman today that the near pick Brock threw (which was fortunately dropped) made him tentative. I mean he is human, and inexperienced, but interesting he admitted that.

He wasn't tentative though, his throws prove that

Lol I'm just saying what Brock said himself.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
People comparing Jimmy G and Brock Purdy either don't watch the games at all or don't understand football. Certainly they don't understand or watch the film. It's just absurd.

I said earlier in the season people should compare jimmy g to Darnold as that is. more fair. And I think with enough experience Darnold would end up better than jimmy g. lol neither of them are no where near as good as Purdy. Purdy is easily top ten and imo top 5 after what he's shown.
Pretty fair breakdown of Purdy from a Detroit sportswriter.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2024/01/23/film-review-what-detroit-lions-are-set-to-face-in-49ers-brock-purdy/72323881007/

https://archive.ph/BJDk2

Conclusion

Let's keep this simple: Purdy is a good quarterback. A really good quarterback. He's going to be a force in this league for a long time. He's accurate, confident, and even though he's still mastering the balance of risk-and-reward, the weapons around him allow him to regularly cash in when taking chances.

The Lions' zone coverages are undoubtedly going to be stressed by Aiyuk and Kittle. And it goes without saying every week, but particularly this one, the team can't afford to miss tackles. Kittle and all-world running back Christian McCaffrey will punish you when you whiff.

Brock gunna be full, deadly assassin mode on Sun, ready to slaughter some kittens haha

LFG

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i refuse to watch the clickbait artist

Same..and the dude needs a stiff wedgie haha
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
was at the game and haven't watched the replay yet..but I just heard Rice on our local radio that Purdy switched the ball from his right hand to left, wiped his hand and then switched the ball back to his right hand while still making the throw ?

any clips ?

Pretty cool!

So this play is also the play where we saw Purdy yelling "what are you doing." Would have been a first down if Ray Ray doesn't change the route, also added to the "Purdy is off" feel during that stretch in the late 3rd to 4th Quarter.

here's Purdy talking about it today

That's good s**t from Brock. No blame. All about football communication. He might've gotten pissed at the time, but came to the sideline, talk to Ray Ray like 2 guys playing football. You just know he had done this before his years in college being a leader, a qb.

This guy playing and behaving like a 7 year vet out there. Every scouts should be ashamed of himself for overlooking Brock.

If he would have completed that for a 20 yard gain that would have been a special clip!
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Can someone remind me where the second "dropped interception" was in terms of when it happened? I havent had a chance to rewatch the game and only remember the Savage play live. Where was this 2nd dropped pick?

On a side note, even if it this 2nd dropped pick does exist, I dont understand how anyone could have watched the game and concluded that Love outplayed Purdy. Both of Love's TDs happened on plays where the defender fell down. Love threw two interceptions. Love had two more balls that WE dropped. So yeah, he had one more touchdown than Brock did. But he also threw for less yards and had two turnovers. I dont get it.

It was an overthrow of Jennings in the second half, not sure when. Probably towards the end of the 3rd quarter.
Originally posted by Montana:
Brock gunna be full, deadly assassin mode on Sun, ready to slaughter some kittens haha

LFG

👍🏻
Antonio Montana is dealing with s**t like this all week!! Keep it up
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Can someone remind me where the second "dropped interception" was in terms of when it happened? I havent had a chance to rewatch the game and only remember the Savage play live. Where was this 2nd dropped pick?

On a side note, even if it this 2nd dropped pick does exist, I dont understand how anyone could have watched the game and concluded that Love outplayed Purdy. Both of Love's TDs happened on plays where the defender fell down. Love threw two interceptions. Love had two more balls that WE dropped. So yeah, he had one more touchdown than Brock did. But he also threw for less yards and had two turnovers. I dont get it.

It went through Nixon's hands. It wasn't as egregious as the throw that Savage dropped.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2024/01/23/film-review-what-detroit-lions-are-set-to-face-in-49ers-brock-purdy/72323881007/

Conclusion

Let's keep this simple: Purdy is a good quarterback. A really good quarterback. He's going to be a force in this league for a long time. He's accurate, confident, and even though he's still mastering the balance of risk-and-reward, the weapons around him allow him to regularly cash in when taking chances.

The Lions' zone coverages are undoubtedly going to be stressed by Aiyuk and Kittle. And it goes without saying every week, but particularly this one, the team can't afford to miss tackles. Kittle and all-world running back Christian McCaffrey will punish you when you whiff.

level headed take, they said nothing wrong
This is the look you want in your qb's eyes

Fierce 🔥
Originally posted by Montana:
This is the look you want in your qb's eyes

Fierce 🔥

Lookin like shanahan lol
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Conclusion

And so will Deebo.
I am at the point where it doesn't matter what the media thinks. It just matters what the coaching staff and his teammates think of him. It doesn't even matter what his opponents think of him.
Share 49ersWebzone