There are 178 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Montana:
This is the look you want in your qb's eyes

Fierce 🔥

Lookin like shanahan lol

He'd have to evolve his hat game. The mentor has a ways to go, to become master.

Least he has it front facing
Lookin like shanahan lol

Shanny with a piercing stare lol
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Can someone remind me where the second "dropped interception" was in terms of when it happened? I havent had a chance to rewatch the game and only remember the Savage play live. Where was this 2nd dropped pick?

On a side note, even if it this 2nd dropped pick does exist, I dont understand how anyone could have watched the game and concluded that Love outplayed Purdy. Both of Love's TDs happened on plays where the defender fell down. Love threw two interceptions. Love had two more balls that WE dropped. So yeah, he had one more touchdown than Brock did. But he also threw for less yards and had two turnovers. I dont get it.

There wasn't a 2nd dropped pick, but a throw that was in the danger zone for sure. It was a throw to Jennings, where Jennings slipped coming out of his break and the throw sailed past him. Purdy threw with anticipation and Jennings likely would have made a catch or at least a solid play on the ball had he not slipped. JTO goes over it in his film review. I think there was one other throw that got away from Purdy that was in the danger zone, but probably not close to a would-be pick. Really, the only really bad interceptible ball was the first one that hit the defender in the tummy.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Pretty fair breakdown of Purdy from a Detroit sportswriter.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2024/01/23/film-review-what-detroit-lions-are-set-to-face-in-49ers-brock-purdy/72323881007/

https://archive.ph/BJDk2

Conclusion

Let's keep this simple: Purdy is a good quarterback. A really good quarterback. He's going to be a force in this league for a long time. He's accurate, confident, and even though he's still mastering the balance of risk-and-reward, the weapons around him allow him to regularly cash in when taking chances.

The Lions' zone coverages are undoubtedly going to be stressed by Aiyuk and Kittle. And it goes without saying every week, but particularly this one, the team can't afford to miss tackles. Kittle and all-world running back Christian McCaffrey will punish you when you whiff.

He spelled elite wrong.
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Pretty fair breakdown of Purdy from a Detroit sportswriter.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2024/01/23/film-review-what-detroit-lions-are-set-to-face-in-49ers-brock-purdy/72323881007/

https://archive.ph/BJDk2

Conclusion

Let's keep this simple: Purdy is a good quarterback. A really good quarterback. He's going to be a force in this league for a long time. He's accurate, confident, and even though he's still mastering the balance of risk-and-reward, the weapons around him allow him to regularly cash in when taking chances.

The Lions' zone coverages are undoubtedly going to be stressed by Aiyuk and Kittle. And it goes without saying every week, but particularly this one, the team can't afford to miss tackles. Kittle and all-world running back Christian McCaffrey will punish you when you whiff.

He spelled elite wrong.

Indeed he did.
Lookin like shanahan lol

Shanny with a piercing stare lol

How I want my QB looking this time a year. No time to be having fun, just locked in and kicking ass. They can have fun when they win it all.

Fierce 🔥

Same look my banker gives me when I'm asking for a $250k loan to start up my floating strip club/ massage parlor pontoon boat club.
[ Edited by Patton on Jan 24, 2024 at 5:29 PM ]
Can someone remind me where the second "dropped interception" was in terms of when it happened? I havent had a chance to rewatch the game and only remember the Savage play live. Where was this 2nd dropped pick?

On a side note, even if it this 2nd dropped pick does exist, I dont understand how anyone could have watched the game and concluded that Love outplayed Purdy. Both of Love's TDs happened on plays where the defender fell down. Love threw two interceptions. Love had two more balls that WE dropped. So yeah, he had one more touchdown than Brock did. But he also threw for less yards and had two turnovers. I dont get it.

There wasn't a 2nd dropped pick, but a throw that was in the danger zone for sure. It was a throw to Jennings, where Jennings slipped coming out of his break and the throw sailed past him. Purdy threw with anticipation and Jennings likely would have made a catch or at least a solid play on the ball had he not slipped. JTO goes over it in his film review. I think there was one other throw that got away from Purdy that was in the danger zone, but probably not close to a would-be pick. Really, the only really bad interceptible ball was the first one that hit the defender in the tummy.

The media talks about Brock's dropped pick but looks the other way on Goff's dropped pick in the end zone. They hypocrisy is glaring hard lol...... and I didn't even watch the game to see all his throws.
Brock gunna be full, deadly assassin mode on Sun, ready to slaughter some kittens haha

LFG

f**k ya baby

• thl408
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
He'd have to evolve his hat game. The mentor has a ways to go, to become master.

Least he has it front facing

I'd like him to troll Cowhurd and wear it sideways, upside down, inside out. Just once.

Ahhh right ok the Jennings slip. That was a slightly high throw but it was a good ball. If Jennings doesnt slip, its either a completion or a drop by Jennings.
Originally posted by Patton:

Fierce 🔥

Same look my banker gives me when I'm asking for a $250k loan to start up my floating strip club/ massage parlor pontoon boat club.

Look when Al Pacino said, "It's not personal Sonny, it's strictly buisness."..and we know what happened after that.
Look when Al Pacino said, "It's not personal Sonny, it's strictly buisness."..and we know what happened after that.

A series of poor decisions resulting in the destruction of his family? Lol
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Jan 24, 2024 at 5:42 PM ]
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
A series of poor decisions resulting in the destruction of his family? Lol

LOL

I was thinking that way too about the summaries the "gurus" in the media are making about the game: Love played so well, he's sooo good, the future is sooo bright for the Packers. But Purdy struggled, had a bad game, and the Niners barely won.
I went back and watched the game on DVR, plus both film reviews of Purdy's play and Love's plays. And it is clear Love missed a number of throws, struggled, two INTs, and at the end Purdy did a Montana-like come-from-behind drive to win while Love failed his opportunity in almost the worst way. It could have been worse only if Love had thrown a pick six.
Anyone who thinks Love played better than Purdy needs to go look at the film. If that doesn't fix it, they are beyond help.
[ Edited by NoCalNinerFan2024 on Jan 24, 2024 at 6:32 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone