There are 251 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ers81:

Nuff said.

Need this type of Purdy this week and if we make it to next next week as well.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Not saying Brock played great (which he usually does!) but it's just so odd to me that the expectation of Brock is he has to be perfect every game. I don't understand

I think that it's just most of us expect Brock to be more crisp & accurate. I think he will be just fine and have a great rebound game.

Something I haven't seen much of is people giving the packers D props. They played perhaps one of their best games of the year, couple with our guys not. Packers did a really good job against us.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Yeah it's annoying that Purdy seemingly can't have a bad game because if that's the case surely he's not the guy.
I'm impressed by Jordan Love and him and Lafleur will be dangerous for the next few years but he wasn't good at the end of the game.
Are we gonna say that Jordan Love is not the guy because he had a bad last drive with a horrible interception? No. I think the logical thing to say is that Love improved all season, had a great second half of the season and was impressive in the PO with an outstanding game at Dallas. For his first season as the starter, it's f**king great even if he wasn't able to win the game for his team at the end against the Niners.
So why, Purdy all of sudden, coming back from his UCL injury, in only his second season is the one QB in the POs that can't have a bad game?
Why the ultimate underdog is the one that has to prove his doubters wrong every freaking game? For me it's insane. Like he can't improve? At 24 years old in only his second season?
And having people say that Baker Mayfield, the one on his fourth team, is better than him, I mean, ok. Sure Baker has a better arm but mobility, athletiscm, poise, accuracy, anticipation give me Purdy please. And Baker had a really good season with the Bucs don't get me wrong. He's a good QB.
Originally posted by pdc20:
Yeah it's annoying that Purdy seemingly can't have a bad game because if that's the case surely he's not the guy.
I'm impressed by Jordan Love and him and Lafleur will be dangerous for the next few years but he wasn't good at the end of the game.
Are we gonna say that Jordan Love is not the guy because he had a bad last drive with a horrible interception? No. I think the logical thing to say is that Love improved all season, had a great second half of the season and was impressive in the PO with an outstanding game at Dallas. For his first season as the starter, it's f**king great even if he wasn't able to win the game for his team at the end against the Niners.
So why, Purdy all of sudden, coming back from his UCL injury, in only his second season is the one QB in the POs that can't have a bad game?
Why the ultimate underdog is the one that has to prove his doubters wrong every freaking game? For me it's insane. Like he can't improve? At 24 years old in only his second season?
And having people say that Baker Mayfield, the one on his fourth team, is better than him, I mean, ok. Sure Baker has a better arm but mobility, athletiscm, poise, accuracy, anticipation give me Purdy please. And Baker had a really good season with the Bucs don't get me wrong. He's a good QB.

It's a second to nothing feeling when you're the underdog when Brock keeps winning because it inflicts so much pain to haters every time Purdy wins.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jcool:

Yah, knock on wood, it's when Trent Williams is off the field.
Brocky struggled with the we ball, but he pushed through and made the plays when needed to get the W
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Would be funny if JJ Watt did 8 mins of rhetorical questions and never got to he point
1) Does Brock Purdy have excellent weapons? Yes
2) Are those weapons great playmakers? Yes
3) Is he Mahomes or Allen right now? No
4) Doe he have an elite playmaker designing the plays? Yes
5) Is he a 7th round Mr Irrelevant? Yes
6) Does he have the strongest arm? No
7) Does he get the ball out quickly? Yes
8) Is he always going to play great? No
9) Is he the next great thing heading to his second NFC Championship after Mahomes is in his 6th? Maybe
10) Does he still have room to improve? Yes

And so on
https://www.facebook.com/share/r/8YuosrdpFZ4ucsZT/?mibextid=xfxF2i

Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Would be funny if JJ Watt did 8 mins of rhetorical questions and never got to he point
1) Does Brock Purdy have excellent weapons? Yes
2) Are those weapons great playmakers? Yes
3) Is he Mahomes or Allen right now? No
4) Doe he have an elite playmaker designing the plays? Yes
5) Is he a 7th round Mr Irrelevant? Yes
6) Does he have the strongest arm? No
7) Does he get the ball out quickly? Yes
8) Is he always going to play great? No
9) Is he the next great thing heading to his second NFC Championship after Mahomes is in his 6th? Maybe
10) Does he still have room to improve? Yes

And so on

Does he throw the ball? Yes
does he hand the ball off on run plays? Yes
Is he engaged? Yes
Does he play for the eagles? No
will he go through with the marriage? Possibly

lmao I'd love to see some of these guys do skits like this but in a serious manner.
  • thl408
Originally posted by tankle104:

That touchdown throw to Kittle was one of the best checkdowns I've ever seen.

ive never understood how fans don't realize this. In order for a skill player to get YAC, you need good timing and ball placement (usually). I think part of it is our system and the way it's designed but speaking in general. Sometimes a skill guy just makes a great play but overall, I've always felt like a qb should get credit if a team has a ton of YAC.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by tankle104:

That touchdown throw to Kittle was one of the best checkdowns I've ever seen.

I feel like that play isn't talked about enough. That was a DIME of a throw on the run. Perfect placement, timing, touch. Approx 40 air yards. According to a breakdown I saw, that type of play design is usually meant to go to a shallow receiver but Brock went for it all.
Share 49ersWebzone