There are 162 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

jerry rice Jr out here reppin Brock! I kinda hope we draft his other boy at USC.
  • thl408
Originally posted by tankle104:

ive never understood how fans don't realize this. In order for a skill player to get YAC, you need good timing and ball placement (usually). I think part of it is our system and the way it's designed but speaking in general. Sometimes a skill guy just makes a great play but overall, I've always felt like a qb should get credit if a team has a ton of YAC.

Yeah a large part of it is the system. For example, there are offenses that use curl routes, spread across the field in quiet areas, to beat zone coverage. While this works to beat zone, WRs are at a standstill when they make the catch. The 49ers do not usually do this. Their zone beating route combinations consist of routes with guys on the move so that if they make the catch, they are on the run and that promotes YAC.

Not all YAC is equal in terms of whether the major contributor on that play is the QB, the WR, or the scheme. And most plays it's a combination of all three. But to Aiyuk's point, yeah the QB definitely has a role.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdc20:
Yeah it's annoying that Purdy seemingly can't have a bad game because if that's the case surely he's not the guy.
I'm impressed by Jordan Love and him and Lafleur will be dangerous for the next few years but he wasn't good at the end of the game.
Are we gonna say that Jordan Love is not the guy because he had a bad last drive with a horrible interception? No. I think the logical thing to say is that Love improved all season, had a great second half of the season and was impressive in the PO with an outstanding game at Dallas. For his first season as the starter, it's f**king great even if he wasn't able to win the game for his team at the end against the Niners.
So why, Purdy all of sudden, coming back from his UCL injury, in only his second season is the one QB in the POs that can't have a bad game?
Why the ultimate underdog is the one that has to prove his doubters wrong every freaking game? For me it's insane. Like he can't improve? At 24 years old in only his second season?
And having people say that Baker Mayfield, the one on his fourth team, is better than him, I mean, ok. Sure Baker has a better arm but mobility, athletiscm, poise, accuracy, anticipation give me Purdy please. And Baker had a really good season with the Bucs don't get me wrong. He's a good QB.

Love is extremely overrated. Packer fans will hate him soon.
[ Edited by All22 on Jan 25, 2024 at 1:01 PM ]
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Yeah a large part of it is the system. For example, there are offenses that use curl routes, spread across the field in quiet areas, to beat zone coverage. While this works to beat zone, WRs are at a standstill when they make the catch. The 49ers do not usually do this. Their zone beating route combinations consist of routes with guys on the move so that if they make the catch, they are on the run and that promotes YAC.

Not all YAC is equal in terms of whether the major contributor on that play is the QB, the WR, or the scheme. And most plays it's a combination of all three. But to Aiyuk's point, yeah the QB definitely has a role.

That's the Eagles
Slowly regaining confidence since the ravens game. Hopefully he feels more comfortable at the start of the Detroit game. He's started some games with obvious nerves a few times.
Saw a clip of Cowherd saying "the only thing that give me pause about the 49ers and then says 'jalen hurts is the best podium quarterback in the league, hat on forward…"

stopped it right there how are these fools getting paid?!? s**t is just awful
Originally posted by Youngone:
Saw a clip of Cowherd saying "the only thing that give me pause about the 49ers and then says 'jalen hurts is the best podium quarterback in the league, hat on forward…"

you watching their clips is paying them
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 25, 2024 at 2:01 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Agreed. Lol anyone in the media who I think is a fool - I don't click or watch their stuff.

more fans need to realize that leaving negative comments or positive comments - pays them the same and helps their algorithm.

Best part of that argument was Joy and co. Saying well yah Purdy isn't going against the 9ers defense. Well yah, So why would you be more confident in Goff? Their arguments are so circular.

Agreed. Lol anyone in the media who I think is a fool - I don't click or watch their stuff.

more fans need to realize that leaving negative comments or positive comments - pays them the same and helps their algorithm.

You're not wrong but I abandoned ship when he talked about best podium QB, like wtf is that 🫠

You're not wrong but I abandoned ship when he talked about best podium QB, like wtf is that 🫠

I think what he is talking about are players that represent the organization with "class", but that is subjective. We all have our own interpretations of how folks can be overall classy. I think Brock is ALL class. Cowherd thinks a backwards hat is a "punk" and "juvenile" thing, which is ridiculous.

i don't mind him having an opinion on it but the way he goes about it is asinine and ridiculous. Lol he gets foolish from time to time
Originally posted by All22:
Originally posted by pdc20:
Yeah it's annoying that Purdy seemingly can't have a bad game because if that's the case surely he's not the guy.
I'm impressed by Jordan Love and him and Lafleur will be dangerous for the next few years but he wasn't good at the end of the game.
Are we gonna say that Jordan Love is not the guy because he had a bad last drive with a horrible interception? No. I think the logical thing to say is that Love improved all season, had a great second half of the season and was impressive in the PO with an outstanding game at Dallas. For his first season as the starter, it's f**king great even if he wasn't able to win the game for his team at the end against the Niners.
So why, Purdy all of sudden, coming back from his UCL injury, in only his second season is the one QB in the POs that can't have a bad game?
Why the ultimate underdog is the one that has to prove his doubters wrong every freaking game? For me it's insane. Like he can't improve? At 24 years old in only his second season?
And having people say that Baker Mayfield, the one on his fourth team, is better than him, I mean, ok. Sure Baker has a better arm but mobility, athletiscm, poise, accuracy, anticipation give me Purdy please. And Baker had a really good season with the Bucs don't get me wrong. He's a good QB.

Love is extremely overrated. Packer fans will hate him soon.

He makes stupid throws relying on his arm. He threw two very bad interceptions. One led to 3 points and the other cost them a chance at the game. But all I hear is that he played tremendous and Pack are in good hands. He tore up the Cowgirls but its not hard to play when the defense sucks that bad and Dak spots your team 14 points in the first half.
Share 49ersWebzone