There are 153 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Our mental health is in his hands now.

Lol no pressure haha lol

I'd like our players to win as many regular season awards as possible, but at the end of the day, fook em all. Only one I really want is the SuperBowl & the ring that comes with it.

Bring it home, 13. Let's start a dynasty with our young genius coach and budding franchise QB.
Originally posted by tankle104:

That basket shot doesn't get old lol
Tonight I stumbled my way into a trading card forum of all places somehow, and there's a huge Brock Purdy thread where these trading card enthusiasts are absolutely going at each other's throats arguing whether or not Brock is actually a good QB or just some guy that fell into the perfect situation where everything is done for him, just like everywhere else. But the context there is people accusing each other of being either jealous or delusional about the value of having Purdy's trading cards. LOL internet. Purdy is polarizing the entire world at this point.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by All22:
Originally posted by pdc20:
Yeah it's annoying that Purdy seemingly can't have a bad game because if that's the case surely he's not the guy.
I'm impressed by Jordan Love and him and Lafleur will be dangerous for the next few years but he wasn't good at the end of the game.
Are we gonna say that Jordan Love is not the guy because he had a bad last drive with a horrible interception? No. I think the logical thing to say is that Love improved all season, had a great second half of the season and was impressive in the PO with an outstanding game at Dallas. For his first season as the starter, it's f**king great even if he wasn't able to win the game for his team at the end against the Niners.
So why, Purdy all of sudden, coming back from his UCL injury, in only his second season is the one QB in the POs that can't have a bad game?
Why the ultimate underdog is the one that has to prove his doubters wrong every freaking game? For me it's insane. Like he can't improve? At 24 years old in only his second season?
And having people say that Baker Mayfield, the one on his fourth team, is better than him, I mean, ok. Sure Baker has a better arm but mobility, athletiscm, poise, accuracy, anticipation give me Purdy please. And Baker had a really good season with the Bucs don't get me wrong. He's a good QB.

Love is extremely overrated. Packer fans will hate him soon.

He makes stupid throws relying on his arm. He threw two very bad interceptions. One led to 3 points and the other cost them a chance at the game. But all I hear is that he played tremendous and Pack are in good hands. He tore up the Cowgirls but its not hard to play when the defense sucks that bad and Dak spots your team 14 points in the first half.

From 3:00 remaining in the 3rd to the end of the game, Love went 5 of 12 for 19 yards and 2 INTs.

Could you imagine if Purdy finished the game like that? The entire mainstream sports media would be insisting we need a new quarterback.

f**king choker.

Agreed, yet everyone is loving Love up, and he deserves the love, but he had a bad last 18 minutes of the game, that's why the whole 58 minute dominated by GB narrative is BS, it was back and forth for 60 mins, Purdy doesn't get the love he deserves, so tired of the well he has elite weapons narrative, what great QB doesn't have great weapons? And like Terry Bradshaw said every QB is a system QB or game manager, I put more stock in what Terry says than what a hater like Ryan Clark says.

It's because of where he was drafted and the school he played for.

There isn't much difference between Tua and Brock when it came to their arm, size, athleticism. Tua was a bit faster than Brock before breaking his hip, and Brock is a little quicker. And if Tua has edge in the arm category it's very, very slight. Tua is a tad bit bigger, and a bigger hand size.

But if you put Brock on Bama, give him a ring, there's no doubt he would've been at least a 2nd round pick. And you would barely have any talking heads bad mouthing him.
I honestly don't give a damn what the sports world thinks of the 49ers or our Quarterback. It's sometimes entertaining to see the trash that a few "analysts" come up with.
But honestly he passed the eye test when he walked onto the field in relief last season.

Finish strong Brock.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Yeah it's annoying that Purdy seemingly can't have a bad game because if that's the case surely he's not the guy.
I'm impressed by Jordan Love and him and Lafleur will be dangerous for the next few years but he wasn't good at the end of the game.
Are we gonna say that Jordan Love is not the guy because he had a bad last drive with a horrible interception? No. I think the logical thing to say is that Love improved all season, had a great second half of the season and was impressive in the PO with an outstanding game at Dallas. For his first season as the starter, it's f**king great even if he wasn't able to win the game for his team at the end against the Niners.
So why, Purdy all of sudden, coming back from his UCL injury, in only his second season is the one QB in the POs that can't have a bad game?
Why the ultimate underdog is the one that has to prove his doubters wrong every freaking game? For me it's insane. Like he can't improve? At 24 years old in only his second season?
And having people say that Baker Mayfield, the one on his fourth team, is better than him, I mean, ok. Sure Baker has a better arm but mobility, athletiscm, poise, accuracy, anticipation give me Purdy please. And Baker had a really good season with the Bucs don't get me wrong. He's a good QB.

He makes stupid throws relying on his arm. He threw two very bad interceptions. One led to 3 points and the other cost them a chance at the game. But all I hear is that he played tremendous and Pack are in good hands. He tore up the Cowgirls but its not hard to play when the defense sucks that bad and Dak spots your team 14 points in the first half.

From 3:00 remaining in the 3rd to the end of the game, Love went 5 of 12 for 19 yards and 2 INTs.

Could you imagine if Purdy finished the game like that? The entire mainstream sports media would be insisting we need a new quarterback.

f**king choker.

Agreed, yet everyone is loving Love up, and he deserves the love, but he had a bad last 18 minutes of the game, that's why the whole 58 minute dominated by GB narrative is BS, it was back and forth for 60 mins, Purdy doesn't get the love he deserves, so tired of the well he has elite weapons narrative, what great QB doesn't have great weapons? And like Terry Bradshaw said every QB is a system QB or game manager, I put more stock in what Terry says than what a hater like Ryan Clark says.

There isn't much difference between Tua and Brock when it came to their arm, size, athleticism. Tua was a bit faster than Brock before breaking his hip, and Brock is a little quicker. And if Tua has edge in the arm category it's very, very slight. Tua is a tad bit bigger, and a bigger hand size.

But if you put Brock on Bama, give him a ring, there's no doubt he would've been at least a 2nd round pick. And you would barely have any talking heads bad mouthing him.

But talking heads bad mouth Tua all the time.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

f**king choker.

But talking heads bad mouth Tua all the time.

Only since December, and well deserved. He's been playing bad. Prior to that he's been pretty well liked this year.

That's not the point though. Imagine if Tua was playing like Purdy his first two years in the league, he would be getting major props from most of the media. That's my point with Purdy, if he played for Bama, he would be a first day pick most likely and most of the media would praise him.
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Jan 25, 2024 at 11:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Has this been talked about?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/49ers-wanted-tom-brady-to-be-their-quarterback-in-2023-before-settling-on-brock-purdy-per-report/

Last week's news cycle homie

Shanahan was obviously joking with Purdy. 🙄

We can all blame Nick Saban for badmouthing Brock's abilities, and the whole football world outside of Iowa St. and the Niners has been against him ever since.
[ Edited by Young2Owens on Jan 26, 2024 at 1:13 AM ]
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Tonight I stumbled my way into a trading card forum of all places somehow, and there's a huge Brock Purdy thread where these trading card enthusiasts are absolutely going at each other's throats arguing whether or not Brock is actually a good QB or just some guy that fell into the perfect situation where everything is done for him, just like everywhere else. But the context there is people accusing each other of being either jealous or delusional about the value of having Purdy's trading cards. LOL internet. Purdy is polarizing the entire world at this point.

the ones arguing that he's not that good never watch him play, it's the only explanation
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

the ones arguing that he's not that good never watch him play, it's the only explanation

Well they could be watching, but they are watching with a preconceived notion of Purdy. They watch him thinking he is not a good QB and are just looking for things to confirm what they already believe. So they are ignoring the good things he is doing and just focusing on the bad. You can easily do that for anything in life.
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by tankle104:

That basket shot doesn't get old lol

He had that accuracy even then. That's just tremendous throwing accuracy. Always been a Brock_STAR for arm talent.
Share 49ersWebzone