There are 203 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • titan
  • Veteran
Purdy is a shorter more athletic Eli Manning, I think they both have the same type of game. I would be happy if he had the type of career for the Niners. I know a lot of people that just think Eli sucks! I'm not one of them. He had full control of that team.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by tankle104:

That basket shot doesn't get old lol

That was Purdy to Jauan in the Green Bay Game!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Tonight I stumbled my way into a trading card forum of all places somehow, and there's a huge Brock Purdy thread where these trading card enthusiasts are absolutely going at each other's throats arguing whether or not Brock is actually a good QB or just some guy that fell into the perfect situation where everything is done for him, just like everywhere else. But the context there is people accusing each other of being either jealous or delusional about the value of having Purdy's trading cards. LOL internet. Purdy is polarizing the entire world at this point.
Wow! might as well run for president after the Superbowl too!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Has this been talked about?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/49ers-wanted-tom-brady-to-be-their-quarterback-in-2023-before-settling-on-brock-purdy-per-report/

Last week's news cycle homie

Shanahan was obviously joking with Purdy. 🙄

Its just Kyles way of letting Purdy know he's the next incarnation of Tom Brady.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
A certain few speak facts and then theres the majority of ignore facts. I could see if Purdy dinked and dunked his way to the NFCC like Alex Smith did, then I wouldn't be so defensive. But Purdy throws dimes and is probably the most poised QB in the NFL. Purdy is #1 in the NFL when facing pressure, how is that a game manager or system QB??

#1 when facing pressure? Dude is #1 at just about everything.

Ironic that the same people will also not give Kyle Coach of the Year.

Purdy can't be MVP, his weapons and coach/system are too good.

Kyle can't be coach of the year, his QB and weapons are too good.

Aiyuk can't be all-pro, his QB and coach/system are too good.

So does that mean, John Lynch, GM of the year?

I would say yes. His 2022 draft was almost as good as the 1979 draft. (So far )
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Media is just obsessed with these Superman quarterbacks. Let's just remember that it's the boy wonders that are the GOATS (Montana and Brady)

They are talking on Get Up with getting pressure on Brock to force mistakes and get him tentative. Haven't team been doing that since last year lol

Only 3 -4 games I can think of that affected him going back to last year. Dallas playoffs last year early in the game. The Browns game. The Ravens. The Packers. Maybe Vikes and Bengals even. Every qb is affected with pressure. For most of these games he was able to play through it. Only the Ravens game was a lost and out the window with all those TO.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He had that accuracy even then. That's just tremendous throwing accuracy. Always been a Brock_STAR for arm talent.

The narration has me confused. Is someone really saying in the actual video, "make a play Mahomes" or is that the dumb af narration?
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He had that accuracy even then. That's just tremendous throwing accuracy. Always been a Brock_STAR for arm talent.

The narration has me confused. Is someone really saying in the actual video, "make a play Mahomes" or is that the dumb af narration?
I'll see it as the whole Jordan/Kobe/Curry shoutout when making a shot
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
They are talking on Get Up with getting pressure on Brock to force mistakes and get him tentative. Haven't team been doing that since last year lol

Only 3 -4 games I can think of that affected him going back to last year. Dallas playoffs last year early in the game. The Browns game. The Ravens. The Packers. Maybe Vikes and Bengals even. Every qb is affected with pressure. For most of these games he was able to play through it. Only the Ravens game was a lost and out the window with all those TO.

Ignore the narrative in the media. The media hot take and manufactured narratives is just distracting and has little value. I must be old but since when is an opinion news. Stephen a Smith says something stupid and it somehow that means something to the point of presenting it as news. f**king stupid.

We have watched Purdy for 2 seasons. We know who and what he is.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Jan 26, 2024 at 7:12 AM ]

Originally posted by TD49ers:

Ignore the narrative in the media. The media hot take and manufactured narratives is just distracting and has little value. I must be old but since when is an opinion news. Stephen a Smith says something stupid and it somehow that means something to the point of presenting it as news. f**king stupid.

Before he broke out in injury relief against the Dolphins, and absolutely destroyed them despite all the pressure coming his way, the main thing I remembered about Purdy was the miscue with one of our running backs in a preseason game where they missed the handoff entirely, lol.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Before he broke out in injury relief against the Dolphins, and absolutely destroyed them despite all the pressure coming his way, the main thing I remembered about Purdy was the miscue with one of our running backs in a preseason game where they missed the handoff entirely, lol.

that was hilarious.

whats funny is i saw that same thing a few times around the league this year.
Originally posted by TD49ers:

That was in the Mexico City game
"A system QB"? Doesn't every coach/coordinator have a system? "Game manager"? Doesn't EVERY QB have to manage where the ball goes? And he manages Purdy well. Also, doesn't Brock look like he could be Buster Posey's little brother? BP=BP

He just did it last game. He had the near INT and he got a lil tentative. Brock said so himself is my understanding.

QB you have to flush the last play and move to the next. Brock is a bit of a perfectionist. He has a hard time getting past a bad play. Just my opinion.
Share 49ersWebzone