There are 256 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Montana:
That black n white pic is 🔥
Dre is in the corner visualizing himself turning into Barry Sanders after a pick 6.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Dre is in the corner visualizing himself turning into Barry Sanders after a pick 6.

"I'm big play dre! I can do it! I know I can do it!" Lmao

He's very athletic though, he was making some nice moves. Watch kyle throw in a play with him at TE (like pats did with bruschi)
  • Ruixx
  • Veteran

Originally posted by tankle104:

Talent is NOT just athleticism

Now that's a quote that should be on a wall in giant letters in every NFL scouting department and draft room.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 26, 2024 at 12:45 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

Now that's a quote that should be on a wall in giant letters in every NFL scouting department and draft room.

I think Jauan Jennings is a great example, he's so important and so good/reliable at what we ask him to do. But he is in by not means super athletic - he's tall though.

Anquan boldin is a great example too. If he was on todays NFL, he would be used like deebo. Lol
Originally posted by Ruixx:

I was thinking the same when I saw him in the corner. "I'm gonna pick six the next one!"

Getting closer and the weather will be a non factor. I really think Brock will have a tremendous game. Let's go!!

"I'm big play dre! I can do it! I know I can do it!" Lmao

He's very athletic though, he was making some nice moves. Watch kyle throw in a play with him at TE (like pats did with bruschi)

Is why he should be a punt returner.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Brock is a victim of his own talent regarding his critics. Most qb with physical talent run around making plays all over, until they realized they can't consistently do it to win games, it's more efficient to get the ball out to the other guys to let them make plays. The offense as a whole can attack the defense in different ways and different area of the field. Ironically they will eventually become more tilted toward a game manager. Steve Young in his early days with the Niners avoiding sacks, running around making huge highlight plays, but as he became more efficient in the pocket, he didn't need to run around making plays as much. He sees himself as an orchestrator. Mahomes was making highlights all over his first few years. Eventually he had to learn to take what the defense gives you, be patient, while moving the chains to continue drives.

Brock didn't need that running around period while he learns to be efficient. He was already there quick processing, timing, accuracy, get the ball out in his first game. Your elite game manager

Good post.

There are talented QBs who do impressive stuff, then there are guys who maximize their offense really well. It's like comparing the best 1 on 1 basketball player with someone who is nasty with assists.

You kind of need both....the ability to "create" but also to be very efficient. If Lamar could do the stuff Purdy does well, he'd be the best QB in the NFL......totally unstoppable. But instead he's just really amazing at his mobility and creating from broken plays, and pretty good at the other stuff.

How Mahomes has improved is his transition to being less on the flashy and more of a system player (but one who can also create when needed). Current Mahomes I'd say is a better QB than the one we last faced in the Super Bowl, but I'm more confident now because our offense (QB) is a lot better than it was before. Him not having Tyreek is kinda a gift/curse, because it's very hard to not use a guy like that if you have him.......harder to be a system guy with him there.

I feel like Belichick really did a great job slowing Mahomes down because he knew how to largely slow down Hill and Kelce.

Mahomes early on wasn't the processing QB that Purdy is........the man himself admitted he couldn't read defenses his first two seasons.

Is Purdy throwing 9.9 YPA and leading in so many stats with his arm and body if he can't read defenses???
Ryan Clark has a punchable face

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

so if I'm to understand his latest quote " Brock Purdy is playing for his job this Sunday"

like how does Ryan know that? Is he on the coaching staff or ownership group?

I understand that they're supposed to say outlandish things for ratings, but that's just a straight out Lie
  • bud49
  • Veteran
How can Ryan Clarks opinion or view on any athlete be reliable again after just admitting he lied about his critique of Brock.
Originally posted by Crown:

so if I'm to understand his latest quote " Brock Purdy is playing for his job this Sunday"

I understand that they're supposed to say outlandish things for ratings, but that's just a straight out Lie

he said that?!?! wtf
Originally posted by Heroism:

Kurt Warner is right.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Crown:

he said that?!?! wtf

He's been s**tting on the niners for years now. All the things he's saying about purely he also said about JG
Share 49ersWebzone