There are 266 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Crown:
"I believe that Brock Purdy's playing for his job. As great as he's been the entire season, the way that he's executed, you hear rumors that they spoke to Tom Brady, he's always going to face something as Mister Irrelevant that you face as an undrafted free agent," Clark said.

Eat s**t and die, Clark.

The only reason the 49ers would even speak to Brady, providing they actually did, is due to Brock's elbow injury, and concerns that it would not heal in time. That was the only concern and reason for speaking to Brady. As it turns out, Brock was more than ready. Case closed. Pursuit of Brady, over. Not needed.

Agree. Same reason why we went after Darnold aggressively as well and there was really little trade talks about Trey until about late July, when the team knew Purdy was good to go.

I'm sure those Brady talks most likely happened early in 2023, and definitely not in the summer.
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Ryan Clark has a punchable face

so if I'm to understand his latest quote " Brock Purdy is playing for his job this Sunday"

like how does Ryan know that? Is he on the coaching staff or ownership group?

I understand that they're supposed to say outlandish things for ratings, but that's just a straight out Lie

he said that?!?! wtf

"I believe that Brock Purdy's playing for his job. As great as he's been the entire season, the way that he's executed, you hear rumors that they spoke to Tom Brady, he's always going to face something as Mister Irrelevant that you face as an undrafted free agent," Clark said.

I used to like Ryan Clark, but listening to him say over and over again that Goff is a better QB than Brock, I'm feeling like some of these dudes are just trolling now. Hearing them say that he throws 5 yard passes that our receivers turn into 50 yard TDs is irrefutable proof that they aren't watching the games or dissecting the stats.

They see a couple highlights and go off that. I posted the stat early this month, 49ers were a little better than middle of the pack in YAC.

They are still living in the past and think Brock is Jimmy and that we're still top of the league in YAC.

That's exactly it. This has been such a fun year to watch 49ers get back to playing great offensive football, with multiple explosive pass plays every game, and I hope the team keeps feeding off the disrespect the East coast keeps sending our way.
Agree. Same reason why we went after Darnold aggressively as well and there was really little trade talks about Trey until about late July, when the team knew Purdy was good to go.

I'm sure those Brady talks most likely happened early in 2023, and definitely not in the summer.

I imagine it happened in like March-April. It makes total sense, Brock is still unknown and coming off a major injury and Brady is obviously Brady.

now that we've seen Brock over a year, we aren't considering anyone else. Especially if Brock finishes this year off with a bang.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by tankle104:

Eat s**t and die, Clark.

The only reason the 49ers would even speak to Brady, providing they actually did, is due to Brock's elbow injury, and concerns that it would not heal in time. That was the only concern and reason for speaking to Brady. As it turns out, Brock was more than ready. Case closed. Pursuit of Brady, over. Not needed.

That might be why they went after Darnold. Another reason also might be that Kyle privately felt that Trey wasn't ready and might never be ready. If you look at the film tape from the opener against Chicago last season, it probably told Kyle all that he needed to see. Trey wasn't processing fast enough to throw the ball on timing routes. He probably missed opportunity after opportunity in that one game, and that was it.

When Trey exhibited the same hesitation in the first preseason game, his fate was probably sealed. Darnold would be the backup to Purdy, provided Purdy was healthy enough to go. Purdy was ready, and it didn't take long for Trey to get shipped out.
The Brady stuff is bogus. He said he was going to retire and he's old too. Clark is vying for #1 hater. He's pushing Nick WRONG territory now and Steven Ruiz. Just a complete hater and idiot. Don't pay attention to that fool.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The Brady stuff is bogus. He said he was going to retire and he's old too. Clark is vying for #1 hater. He's pushing Nick WRONG territory now and Steven Ruiz. Just a complete hater and idiot. Don't pay attention to that fool.

If Brady hadn't retired he most likely would have been a 49er. When that didn't work, they went after Darnold.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

If Brady hadn't retired he most likely would have been a 49er. When that didn't work, they went after Darnold.

He did retire and he's older now. He had plenty of opportunities to come here in prior years and never pursued it. So I don't take much stock in that.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DrEll:

so if I'm to understand his latest quote " Brock Purdy is playing for his job this Sunday"

I understand that they're supposed to say outlandish things for ratings, but that's just a straight out Lie

he said that?!?! wtf

It's funny how these guys think alike. Nick Wright also said that if the Niners lost, there's no guarantee Brock comes back as starter next season. They must have a WhatsApp chat going amongst themselves where they come up with these talking points lol…

haha right?

Like is Josh Allen not going to be back with the Bills next year because they lost?
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Young2Owens:

he said that?!?! wtf

The whole TB thing was taken out of context. Yes we were interested as it came from Brock himself. But what people fail to mention is that this was during the midst of the uncertainty regarding Brock's elbow and whether he would even be able to play this year.

Correct. Totally taken out of context.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:

he said that?!?! wtf

The whole TB thing was taken out of context. Yes we were interested as it came from Brock himself. But what people fail to mention is that this was during the midst of the uncertainty regarding Brock's elbow and whether he would even be able to play this year.

Correct. Totally taken out of context.

That's right. But Ryan F*** Clark runs with it. Just like Nick WRONG. As if he wasn't injured and coming off a major injury. Brady retired and that's what he wanted. End of story.

Looking into Brady was not bogus. Purdy literally came out and and said that Kyle talked to him about it.

Looking into Brady was not bogus. Purdy literally came out and and said that Kyle talked to him about it.

Looking into and getting a deal done are far from the same thing. He retired. The end. Clark is an idiot.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 26, 2024 at 8:37 PM ]

Looking into and getting a deal done are far from the same thing. He retired. The end. Clark is an idiot.
so you calling Purdy a liar ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Nope.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Nope.
you said it was bogus, if it wasn't serious enough than he wouldn't need to tell Purdy/Lance

there's no reason for you to make things up or be in silly denial. it is what it is.
Share 49ersWebzone