There are 202 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Looking into Brady was not bogus. Purdy literally came out and and said that Kyle talked to him about it.

The issue is Clark is trying to use that as a slight against Brock. It's Tom Brady, Maybe the best QB to ever play. Also Kyle had no idea how Brock was going to recover from his elbow injury.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The Brady stuff is bogus. He said he was going to retire and he's old too. Clark is vying for #1 hater. He's pushing Nick WRONG territory now and Steven Ruiz. Just a complete hater and idiot. Don't pay attention to that fool.

Looking into Brady was not bogus. Purdy literally came out and and said that Kyle talked to him about it.

Looking into and getting a deal done are far from the same thing. He retired. The end. Clark is an idiot.
so you calling Purdy a liar ?

Nope.
you said it was bogus, if it wasn't serious enough than he wouldn't need to tell Purdy/Lance

there's no reason for you to make things up or be in silly denial. it is what it is.

It's absolutely NOTHING. A stupid Ryan Clark LOW TAKE. Like he always does. Ignoring context and that Brady retired too. Just to slight Purdy. That's all it's for.
Originally posted by JTB1974:

The issue is Clark is trying to use that as a slight against Brock. It's Tom Brady, Maybe the best QB to ever play. Also Kyle had no idea how Brock was going to recover from his elbow injury.

Yep. The conversation was only weird for Trey, if there was one.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The Brady stuff is bogus. He said he was going to retire and he's old too. Clark is vying for #1 hater. He's pushing Nick WRONG territory now and Steven Ruiz. Just a complete hater and idiot. Don't pay attention to that fool.

If Brady hadn't retired he most likely would have been a 49er. When that didn't work, they went after Darnold.

He did retire and he's older now. He had plenty of opportunities to come here in prior years and never pursued it. So I don't take much stock in that.

What are you talking about?

Looking into and getting a deal done are far from the same thing. He retired. The end. Clark is an idiot.

Nope.
you said it was bogus, if it wasn't serious enough than he wouldn't need to tell Purdy/Lance

there's no reason for you to make things up or be in silly denial. it is what it is.

It's absolutely NOTHING. A stupid Ryan Clark LOW TAKE. Like he always does. Ignoring context and that Brady retired too. Just to slight Purdy. That's all it's for.
who cares about clark.. but it was something enough to have talks with Purdy.

guess what, guess who we will talk to next.. yup Kirk Cousins

Nope.

Buddy,

Purdy said that Kyle told him he's looking into Brady.

This has nothing to do with Ryan Clark, these are facts.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
If Purdy brings even his B game… I'm not sure how the Lions keep this close.
[ Edited by okdkid on Jan 26, 2024 at 9:44 PM ]
Originally posted by okdkid:

It could be pretty close. The Lions are a good team. But we should win. No guarantees.
Originally posted by picklejuice:
brock is better than patrick mahomes. f that guy

Pat has two fake rings overhyped
Brock not hyped enough

And Brady..he would have been a cool backup for Purdy
[ Edited by Montana on Jan 26, 2024 at 9:58 PM ]
Originally posted by okdkid:

Lions have won their two previous games in the playoffs by not turning the ball over. Or at least beating their opponent in the turnover margin.

it'll be important that we don't turn it over, or turn it over less.

in other words, as long as we don't beat ourselves - we should convincingly win this game. If Stafford was there with this group of skill guys, they'd be a much more serious problem.

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

If Brady hadn't retired he most likely would have been a 49er. When that didn't work, they went after Darnold.

He did retire and he's older now. He had plenty of opportunities to come here in prior years and never pursued it. So I don't take much stock in that.

Most of us have this question about his posts on a daily basis.
Holy dumb f**k, talking head idiots on hot take sport shows. Nick Wrong in utter disbelief because Brock is an MVP finalist. Just can't wrap his moronic brain around it. Who in the actual f**k does he think should be an MVP finalist. It sure as hell ain't Dak or even Josh Allen or Mahomes. These s**t for brains are sitting around going "Wow there's way too much hype around Purdy" just because he got some MVP votes. Nope, no hype. Jealous as f**k morons.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Jan 26, 2024 at 10:16 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Holy dumb f**k, talking head idiots on hot take sport shows. Nick Wrong in utter disbelief because Brock is an MVP finalist. Just can't wrap his moronic brain around it. Who in the actual f**k does he think should be an MVP finalist. It sure as hell ain't Dak or even Josh Allen or Mahomes. These s**t for brains are sitting around going "Wow there's way too much hype around Purdy" just because he got some MVP votes. Nope, no hype. Jealous as f**k morons.

Sigh

I miss when I was a kid and espn was strictly sports center and shows like NFL Live and NFL Primetime. Highlights, and intelligent analysis by educated and level headed anchors and former players.

Sports media today is utter trash that appeals to the lowest common denominator and relies on feeding these puppets idiotic hot takes to spark strong emotional reactions from viewers.

Viewers will get angry, talk about the idiots and their takes and share their videos to get others enraged, rinse and repeat and the billionaires that destroyed espn and other once respected outlets take in billions from all of the engagement.

I'm boycotting that BS myself. I just stick to local Niner coverage and guys on YouTube that know what they're talking about.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Sigh

I miss when I was a kid and espn was strictly sports center and shows like NFL Live and NFL Primetime. Highlights, and intelligent analysis by educated and level headed anchors and former players.

Sports media today is utter trash that appeals to the lowest common denominator and relies on feeding these puppets idiotic hot takes to spark strong emotional reactions from viewers.

Viewers will get angry, talk about the idiots and their takes and share their videos to get others enraged, rinse and repeat and the billionaires that destroyed espn and other once respected outlets take in billions from all of the engagement.

I'm boycotting that BS myself. I just stick to local Niner coverage and guys on YouTube that know what they're talking about.

All of this.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

As I remember we took Jimmy G. Brady was pissed at us and in an interview said they(the 49ers) took that MF not him.
Share 49ersWebzone