There are 303 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Who cares about Brady anyway? Purdy whipped his ass to retirement And Carroll too..and Jimmy G and Lance..pink slips..that is how good Purdy is.
Originally posted by Montana:
Who cares about Brady anyway? Purdy whipped his ass to retirement And Carroll too..and Jimmy G and Lance..pink slips..that is how good Purdy is.

don't forget he sent the great nate sudfeld packin'
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Montana:

Are we still paying Sudfeld? We were (partially) last season.
Today would have been the big revenge game for him if a) he hadn't torn his ACL in pre-season, and b) Goff had torn his instead.
Mind you, the Lions would likely be 5-12 in that scenario.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

That's right, Nate, add another to the list ✔️ lol
BCB gonna make some talking heads look stupid. 300+ yards and 3 tds tomorrow
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Sigh

I miss when I was a kid and espn was strictly sports center and shows like NFL Live and NFL Primetime. Highlights, and intelligent analysis by educated and level headed anchors and former players.

Sports media today is utter trash that appeals to the lowest common denominator and relies on feeding these puppets idiotic hot takes to spark strong emotional reactions from viewers.

Viewers will get angry, talk about the idiots and their takes and share their videos to get others enraged, rinse and repeat and the billionaires that destroyed espn and other once respected outlets take in billions from all of the engagement.

I'm boycotting that BS myself. I just stick to local Niner coverage and guys on YouTube that know what they're talking about.

I would also add on Baldy and Cossell I trust as well.
I LOVE BROCK PURDY!

AFCC is expecting a lot of rain. Dun dun dun maybe we won't be the only team that looked like s**t in the rain.
[ Edited by SlipAndSlideBosa on Jan 27, 2024 at 7:54 AM ]
Originally posted by ninerFate:
Sigh

I miss when I was a kid and espn was strictly sports center and shows like NFL Live and NFL Primetime. Highlights, and intelligent analysis by educated and level headed anchors and former players.

Sports media today is utter trash that appeals to the lowest common denominator and relies on feeding these puppets idiotic hot takes to spark strong emotional reactions from viewers.

Viewers will get angry, talk about the idiots and their takes and share their videos to get others enraged, rinse and repeat and the billionaires that destroyed espn and other once respected outlets take in billions from all of the engagement.

I'm boycotting that BS myself. I just stick to local Niner coverage and guys on YouTube that know what they're talking about.

I would also add on Baldy and Cossell I trust as well.

Nothing wrong with listening to opinions from other sources other than Niner beat writers. You don't have to agree with them but listening to just biased 49er writers isn't good either.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Sigh

Their purpose (to give you sports *information*) has been obsoleted by the internet technology. That used to be how they made their money, by giving us fans information. Now we can find more information even faster on YouTube, instragram, X-twitter, Facebook, PFF etc... so all these sports programs can only offer you opinions now. Almost everyone can get the facts faster and almost as accurate now, outside of these news organizations. So these dinosaur corporations have to sell opinions instead of facts.

Originally posted by Giedi:
Sigh

Their purpose (to give you sports *information*) has been obsoleted by the internet technology. That used to be how they made their money, by giving us fans information. Now we can find more information even faster on YouTube, instragram, X-twitter, Facebook, PFF etc... so all these sports programs can only offer you opinions now. Almost everyone can get the facts faster and almost as accurate now, outside of these news organizations. So these dinosaur corporations have to sell opinions instead of facts.

Gentlemen,

Salutations. I believe what you are lamenting is what the ancients called "bread and circuses."

Cheers,

FP
Just saw a list on Instagram with Anthony Richardson and Justin Fields ahead of Brock Purdy. Dak CRAP of the CRY_BOYS ahead of Purdy too.

They did have Purdy in the top 10. So better than Steven Ruiz. But wow.

They are absolutely obsessed with physical marvel QB'S. Who can't play.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Just saw a list on Instagram with Anthony Richardson and Justin Fields ahead of Brock Purdy. Dak CRAP of the CRY_BOYS ahead of Purdy too.

Why do you care? None of this stuff means anything.

People saying stupid s**t and pushing ragebait is better for content engagement than sober, well reasoned discussion. The more people react to stuff like this, the better it is for business.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Who cares?
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
You know how you "solve" these lists ? Win a Super Bowl. Joe Flacco became a household name after the Ravens won in 2012. It'll be harder for the pundits to slam Brock when he has SB champion, or better yet, SB MVP added to his resume.

2 games away Brock. DO IT !
Share 49ersWebzone