There are 300 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Just saw a list on Instagram with Anthony Richardson and Justin Fields ahead of Brock Purdy. Dak CRAP of the CRY_BOYS ahead of Purdy too.

They did have Purdy in the top 10. So better than Steven Ruiz. But wow.

They are absolutely obsessed with physical marvel QB'S. Who can't play.

Lmao at a list that has Justin Fields and Richardson in the top 10 QBs.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Just saw a list on Instagram with Anthony Richardson and Justin Fields ahead of Brock Purdy. Dak CRAP of the CRY_BOYS ahead of Purdy too.

This is the thing

Josh Allen Lamar Jackson Pat Mahomes all have cannons for arms and excellent to elite scrambling abilities

Ok fine I get it and that's tangible and Brock can't do that like they can

BUT

When it comes to rapid processing cycling through reads anticipatory throwing and executing the play drawn up in the Shanahan system, I would wager that those other QBs CAN'T do what Brock does either

They all want to say what Brock ain't but those guys aren't what Brock is either. They get the job done differently and I could care less so long as the job gets done

All these QBs have a system designed around them that enables them to succeed

Yeah those 2 in particular don't belong there. Unless you want to do an all combine guys list. Which is what they are doing. Picking physical marvels.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

This is the thing

Josh Allen Lamar Jackson Pat Mahomes all have cannons for arms and excellent to elite scrambling abilities

BUT

When it comes to rapid processing cycling through reads anticipatory throwing and executing the play drawn up in the Shanahan system, I would wager that those other QBs CAN'T do what Brock does either

They all want to say what Brock ain't but those guys aren't what Brock is either. They get the job done differently and I could care less so long as the job gets done

Brock has the processing, reads, mechanics and throwing accuracy. Somewhat underrated for short area quickness and athleticism. He can buy time to throw.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

This is the thing

BUT

Brock has the processing, reads, mechanics and throwing accuracy. Somewhat underrated for short area quickness and athleticism. He can buy time to throw.

Since football is the ultimate team sport, it is very important that all the pieces are perfectly chosen and positioned. In my humble opinion since I'm just a fan, I really think Brock is the perfect piece in that position for us. Hopefully, he improves more on his reads, processing, accuracy and decision making. For sure at his young age and maturity, his future is a a bright light. He doesn't need to be a mobile QB although I think his mobility is good enough to escape the rush/blitz and I think we all can agree that pocket QB's have longer career span in NFL.
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
BCB gonna make some talking heads look stupid. 300+ yards and 3 tds tomorrow

Yes! Our passing game will be in full display! Perfect weather and their passing D is going to get destroyed!
Originally posted by frankieuc68:

Yes! Our passing game will be in full display! Perfect weather and their passing D is going to get destroyed!

I think he is going to have his first five tuddy game! Statement game, BABY!
I want him coming out ruthless, full extension all of all 13" of...BCB lol
I hope he just plays so damn fierce, nobody will know what hit them..just dumbfounded bodies all over the field wondering what the hell happened Fierce, ruthless, laser beam Brock LG!

agreed
Originally posted by Montana:
I hope he just plays so damn fierce, nobody will know what hit them..just dumbfounded bodies all over the field wondering what the hell happened Fierce, ruthless, laser beam Brock LG!

WHOA!! Easy, eeeeeeasy, this is a PG 13 forum 😎

Now let's see that extension 😂🍻🍻

Originally posted by Montana:

If he's packing that kind of heat then:
1. I hope they have blood for him on the sideline
2. I feel bad for his fiancé. I'll chip in for the wheelchair
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Hurry up.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Sigh

I miss when I was a kid and espn was strictly sports center and shows like NFL Live and NFL Primetime. Highlights, and intelligent analysis by educated and level headed anchors and former players.

Sports media today is utter trash that appeals to the lowest common denominator and relies on feeding these puppets idiotic hot takes to spark strong emotional reactions from viewers.

Viewers will get angry, talk about the idiots and their takes and share their videos to get others enraged, rinse and repeat and the billionaires that destroyed espn and other once respected outlets take in billions from all of the engagement.

I'm boycotting that BS myself. I just stick to local Niner coverage and guys on YouTube that know what they're talking about.

Their purpose (to give you sports *information*) has been obsoleted by the internet technology. That used to be how they made their money, by giving us fans information. Now we can find more information even faster on YouTube, instragram, X-twitter, Facebook, PFF etc... so all these sports programs can only offer you opinions now. Almost everyone can get the facts faster and almost as accurate now, outside of these news organizations. So these dinosaur corporations have to sell opinions instead of facts.

Good analysis.
Originally posted by Crown:
Hurry up.

I wish our game was first. Lll 😭
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Crown:
Hurry up.

I wish our game was first. Lll 😭

me too!
Share 49ersWebzone