There are 177 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Niners 38-24 boys
[ Edited by elguapo on Jan 28, 2024 at 10:13 AM ]
Somebody told me they were talking on Sirius Radio with NFL Network and they were talking about replacing Brock Purdy next year. They need a new QB next year. Also they were discussing who you want to come from behind and win.

1)
2)
3)

3 names were presented. No Brock Purdy of the 4 on the list.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I honestly think his low salary is another thing people question. Because they keep comparing it to others. When he gets a raise it will be more in line with the other playoff QB'S. Ridiculous but true.
He wins the SB and his next contract will go up accordingly. But he has earned it. Do your thing Brock make them cry
Originally posted by Cg9erSF:
I honestly think his low salary is another thing people question. Because they keep comparing it to others. When he gets a raise it will be more in line with the other playoff QB'S. Ridiculous but true.
He wins the SB and his next contract will go up accordingly. But he has earned it. Do your thing Brock make them cry

Yes I agree.

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Alex is a great dude and I'm enjoying his analyst career. He's proving you can be an interesting TV personality without being an obnoxious blowhard and follower. Pass it on to RC.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Yes Alex is right.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gemini10:

Alex is a great dude and I'm enjoying his analyst career. He's proving you can be an interesting TV personality without being an obnoxious blowhard and follower. Pass it on to RC.

Agree, Alex is one of the good guys.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Just saw a list on Instagram with Anthony Richardson and Justin Fields ahead of Brock Purdy. Dak CRAP of the CRY_BOYS ahead of Purdy too.

They did have Purdy in the top 10. So better than Steven Ruiz. But wow.

They are absolutely obsessed with physical marvel QB'S. Who can't play.

Lmao at a list that has Justin Fields and Richardson in the top 10 QBs.

This is the thing

Josh Allen Lamar Jackson Pat Mahomes all have cannons for arms and excellent to elite scrambling abilities

Ok fine I get it and that's tangible and Brock can't do that like they can

BUT

When it comes to rapid processing cycling through reads anticipatory throwing and executing the play drawn up in the Shanahan system, I would wager that those other QBs CAN'T do what Brock does either

They all want to say what Brock ain't but those guys aren't what Brock is either. They get the job done differently and I could care less so long as the job gets done

All these QBs have a system designed around them that enables them to succeed

Agree 💯 %, and he'll be doing that a long time, specially with a better OLine.

Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Just saw a list on Instagram with Anthony Richardson and Justin Fields ahead of Brock Purdy. Dak CRAP of the CRY_BOYS ahead of Purdy too.

They did have Purdy in the top 10. So better than Steven Ruiz. But wow.

They are absolutely obsessed with physical marvel QB'S. Who can't play.

Lmao at a list that has Justin Fields and Richardson in the top 10 QBs.

This is the thing

Josh Allen Lamar Jackson Pat Mahomes all have cannons for arms and excellent to elite scrambling abilities

Ok fine I get it and that's tangible and Brock can't do that like they can

BUT

When it comes to rapid processing cycling through reads anticipatory throwing and executing the play drawn up in the Shanahan system, I would wager that those other QBs CAN'T do what Brock does either

They all want to say what Brock ain't but those guys aren't what Brock is either. They get the job done differently and I could care less so long as the job gets done

All these QBs have a system designed around them that enables them to succeed

Agree 💯 %, and he'll be doing that a long time, specially with a better OLine.

Pillbusta is right.

Alex has more Niners blood in him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erF90:

Alex has more Niners blood in him.

I miss Alex Smith.

Alex always a Legend.
Alright young man the spotlight is all on you. You have a good matchup in front of you so don't try and do too much. Just take what they give and help march this team down the field for scores.
Share 49ersWebzone