Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
These was no DPI called

Yeah they picked it up but I think it's cause he caught it - so it didn't matter.

they wouldn't pick it up for that reason, if it's a foul they would call it and we would decline the penalty

They definitely called it and it was definitively PI so I'm not sure wtf happened. It wasn't "ticky tack"

They picked it up for some reason. Maybe the refs were debating it and then picked it up cause it was 100% irrelevant. I know they usually don't do that but it's possible.

that or the refs disagreed and after discussing, they didn't think it was enough to warrant a flag but they almost never do that.

It was borderline. Clearly there was contact that slowed Aiyuk down and put the ball out of his reach. But it wasn't egregious since the defender had good position. By the letter it was a foul and that would have been the right call, but I've seen that kind of contact not draw flags. Glad it worked out. If they would've picked up the flag and the ball were intercepted, I'd have been livid, lol.

I just don't agree, the PI was the reason he was behind the defender. Thank god he made a f'ing insane catch!

i missed this play live, incredible.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by JTB1974:

WTF? I don't like that. Make us 7.5 underdogs Vegas.

It's already down to -1.
KC should have an advantage, in my opinion. They beat the Ravens who beat us.

Which literally means jack and/or s**t. Great analysis.

Chiefs lost to the Packers and we beat the Packers. So advantage us. We lost to the Bengals and they beat the Bengals so advantage Chiefs. We beat the Eagles and they lost to them so advantage us. They beat the Vikings and we lost to the Vikings so advantage them. We beat the Lions and they lost to them so advantage us. Boy this is a f**king stupid ass way to decide who the better team is

Lmfao nailed it, thank you sir.
It's been such a fun ride, Faithful. We knew when this guy took the field, something big happened. Others doubted..we believed. LG
Spags loves to blitz, Brock has 14 tds vs Blitz this year. Most in the NFL
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
So it's 2019 D with JG vs 2023 D with Brock

I would take that 2019 D honestly. Brock is good but our D now is so bad.

Yeah but the good news is that KC is opposite too. Lol

2019 Kc Offense > 2023 KC offense
2019 KC D < 2023 KC D.

f**k them! Let's finish this B. If our defense can actually put together a game that they're capable of - we have a really good chance.

strength on strength is SF O vs KC D and I think we can wear em out in that matchup
we've shown on D bend don't break vs GB and in game adjustments vs DET

Not sure what in game adjustments you saw on the D? They got a key takeaway and the offense started scoring. The stunk through and through. Couldn't even stop the final TD on that drive.

Wilks and the d line are playing like the worst in the league. If they actually do something different and play to this all pro D's potential instead of playing like the worst unit in the league, they can destroy KC.

But they haven't shown any sign they'll change. Offense won and bailed this out. Purdy played like Steve Young at the end. Thank god. But don't rely on that. If this team plays to their talent they can win by 20.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Not sure what in game adjustments you saw on the D? They got a key takeaway and the offense started scoring. The stunk through and through. Couldn't even stop the final TD on that drive.

Wilks and the d line are playing like the worst in the league. If they actually do something different and play to this all pro D's potential instead of playing like the worst unit in the league, they can destroy KC.

But they haven't shown any sign they'll change. Offense won and bailed this out. Purdy played like Steve Young at the end. Thank god. But don't rely on that. If this team plays to their talent they can win by 20.

the final drive was DETs only pts of the 2nd half. and by then the game was effectively over, they would have required an onside kick, which teams don't really get anymore
the final drive was DETs only pts of the 2nd half. and by then the game was effectively over, they would have required an onside kick, which teams don't really get anymore

That's the thing that is overlooked. Not only did we come back but Brock buried them with time to freaking spare...

It didn't come down to some final drive late game win. He went from 7-24 to 34-24 with 3 minutes left.

He dismantled them.

I feel the way he progressed and systemically worked his way back into the game then just piled it on made it the best half I have seen him play.

There was tremendous pressure and he played even better than needed. We didn't even need a final possession to win...
[ Edited by BoldRedandGold on Jan 28, 2024 at 11:14 PM ]
only 1 terrific QB remains
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
That interview on abc tonight with his mom on the field is incredible

imagine if mahomes did this
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

imagine if mahomes did this

Was lucky, that was a dumb move on his part. I liked the sideline shot to Juice a lot more.
🔥 TORCH. PASSED. 🤝
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

They played a ton more man and then wilks baited them on that last 4th down by lining up to look like man but it was zone match/bluff.

Wilks was bad the entire 1st half but made the necessary adjustment in half 2. Still, we can't play one good half of football in the sb....not against mahomes
only 1 terrific QB remains

It seems so.

Share 49ersWebzone