LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 260 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Crown:
That interview on abc tonight with his mom on the field is incredible

She is so classy.

He doesn't like mustard huh? No Grey Poupon Purdy
I gotta vent but I can't stand John middlekauff. It's one thing when the national media craps on Brock but this dude who is supposed to be a local guy who knows better and has seen all the games still goes and says s**t like "we all thought the Niners might need a new long term qb early in the game". Like stfu dude this is the playoffs it never looks completely pretty for any qb. I guess that's why that loser couldn't make it in the league as a scout. Guy haberman is cool tho

That was amazing, thanks for sharing. Such a great family and all of this couldn't have happened to much better people, of course Brock being the forefront of that
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana:

She is so classy.

He doesn't like mustard huh? No Grey Poupon Purdy

His dad is the same. Last season, his dad had an interview on 95.7 the game and he was so humble, so down to earth.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
I gotta vent but I can't stand John middlekauff. It's one thing when the national media craps on Brock but this dude who is supposed to be a local guy who knows better and has seen all the games still goes and says s**t like "we all thought the Niners might need a new long term qb early in the game". Like stfu dude this is the playoffs it never looks completely pretty for any qb. I guess that's why that loser couldn't make it in the league as a scout. Guy haberman is cool tho

I like their shows but clearly, clearly I prefer when Guy is alone or with a guest.
Someone last week said that Middlekauff is a c**t and he's right.
These days he wants to be Colin Cowherd so bad. I mean Middlekauff defended Draymond when the guy chocked Gobert because hey it's fun and Draymond has his podcast on the Volume.
The guy thought that it would have been a disaster if the Niners didn't go to the Superbowl and that they should have thought about changing QB. Guess what they are in the Superbowl and they have a chance to win the game.

And like you said, PO Football is tough. Everyone is well coached, talented. You take what you can.
The kid is 24 years old, in his second season, coming from a big elbow injury and he has to perform like he's 30 years old.
Purdy led this team to two big comeback wins, something all his detractors said he couldn't do. In the POs! Not bad I would say.
Yes it could have been better. The interception and some throws were not good. But he never lost his confidence. He stayed in the game.
And like I hope he would do after his scramble run last week, he used his legs to kill the defense.
Look at Lamar against the Chiefs and even Mahomes in the second half. It's tough for these QBs.
You have all the pressure on your shoulders.
[ Edited by pdc20 on Jan 29, 2024 at 12:39 AM ]

Thought he was gonna score too until he got Deeboed
Originally posted by pdc20:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:

I like their shows but clearly, clearly I prefer when Guy is alone or with a guest.
Someone last week said that Middlekauff is a c**t and he's right.
These days he wants to be Colin Cowherd so much. I mean Middlekauff defended Draymond when the guy chocked Gobert because hey it's fun and Draymond has his podcast on the Volume.
The guy thought that it would have been a disaster if the Niners didn't go to the Superbowl and that they should have thought about changing QB. Guess what they are in the Superbowl and they have a chance to win the game.

And like you said, PO Football is tough. Everyone is well coached, talented. You take what you can.
The kid is 24 years old, in his second season, coming from a big elbow injury and he has to perform like he's 30 years old.
Purdy led this team to two big comeback wins, something all his detractors said he couldn't do. In the POs! Not bad I would say.
Yes it could have been better. The interception and some throws were not good. But he never lost his confidence. He stayed in the game.
And like I hope he would do after his scramble run last week, he used his legs to kill the defense.
Look at Lamar against the Chiefs and even Mahomes in the second half. It's tough for these QBs.
You have all the pressure on your shoulders.

💯
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BP13:
Spags loves to blitz, Brock has 14 tds vs Blitz this year. Most in the NFL

I saw that in the Ravens vs KC game too. KC Blitzed a lot in the 2nd half.
I believe it was against the chiefs last year that Brock took his first snaps in a regular season game.
Brock back to back comebacks in consecutive playoff games. Clutch like Montana. Scrambles like Young.

Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by BP13:
Spags loves to blitz, Brock has 14 tds vs Blitz this year. Most in the NFL

I saw that in the Ravens vs KC game too. KC Blitzed a lot in the 2nd half.

Think because they saw how it worked when Ryans did it in the Divisional Round.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Brock "The Water Dragon" Purdy

hasn't expected a comeback. nice!
Share 49ersWebzone