LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 272 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
🔥 TORCH. PASSED. 🤝

This is my dream… please be true!
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

He was lights out. This has been such a special treat for us 49ers fans since he came in against the dolphins - outside of the 2022 NFC, he's been remarkable.

we had a random ass rookie forced into taking over the team and we've been a better team and more competitive ever since.

It's one thing to boat race teams. It's one thing to play well all game and be competitive while pulling off a win… it's another to lead massive comebacks in back to back weeks during the playoffs in an effort to get to the super bowl.

i always rooted for jimmy but these were the type of games we always lost before Brock. I feel like that if we have Brock, we have a chance no matter the situation - that's a special feeling and so so so rare to find.
Good to see Joe up on the Podium with his heir apparent
Originally posted by tankle104:

He was lights out. This has been such a special treat for us 49ers fans since he came in against the dolphins - outside of the 2022 NFC, he's been remarkable.

we had a random ass rookie forced into taking over the team and we've been a better team and more competitive ever since.

It's one thing to boat race teams. It's one thing to play well all game and be competitive while pulling off a win… it's another to lead massive comebacks in back to back weeks during the playoffs in an effort to get to the super bowl.

i always rooted for jimmy but these were the type of games we always lost before Brock. I feel like that if we have Brock, we have a chance no matter the situation - that's a special feeling and so so so rare to find.

Its incredibly special doing it win or go home type games...... Back to Back weeks of if you don't come up CLUTCH your season is over and Purdy came and delivered both times!!! I LOVE IT!!! but I would like a blow out win more for my blood pressure...
Like I said all year, MVP.

Where's Lamar?
Its incredibly special doing it win or go home type games...... Back to Back weeks of if you don't come up CLUTCH your season is over and Purdy came and delivered both times!!! I LOVE IT!!! but I would like a blow out win more for my blood pressure...

Bro… I've never experienced worst wins in my life. Lmao both games have started off with hopeless feelings and ugly af - then we somehow come back and win it.

i think these two type of wins has the team realizing that no matter what, we have a chance. It's one thing to believe you can do something, and another for the team to actually pull it off - the sense of confidence will be much more real cause it's based on experience. That's an amazing experience to have in your back pocket.
I LOVE BROCK PURDY!!!!
BCB!!!
Originally posted by NCommand:

Where's Lamar?

You actually said he's Jimmy G 2.0 multiple times last week.

#ForClarity
[ Edited by random49er on Jan 29, 2024 at 2:52 AM ]

The real question is - which defense will show up after two weeks of rest?

the dominate defense after getting periods of rest (early season defense/post bye defense?) or the one we got after our first round bye?

im praying to get its the one we saw after the bye week.
Get Journey on the phone for the halftime show in two weeks!!!
For better or worse, the national media has only seen Purdy play 3 games, which is what they judge him by:

Ravens Christmas game
First half of Packers game
First half of Lions game

That's it. That's all they've seen (or care to remember seeing). They think he's a checkdown artist who throws 2-3 picks a game and does nothing to help his team win except say "Yes, Mr. Shanahan".

They could have embraced an amazing story of an unlikely guy that could, but national media these days don't like underdog stories. They like superhero stories. Mahomes. Jackson. Allen. Burrow. Stafford. Guys with the muscles and capes. They see Purdy as Jimmy Olsen, Superman's gee-willickers pal who isn't even cool enough to be Robin.

Purdy is 24 going on 40 in their book. Can never get better, can never be more than a puppet. They just refuse to believe grit and moxie and clutchness and being emotionally even in ups and downs has value.

Their loss.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Where's Lamar?

Cabo
Originally posted by captveg:
For better or worse, the national media has only seen Purdy play 3 games, which is what they judge him by:

Ravens Christmas game
First half of Packers game
First half of Lions game

That's it. That's all they've seen (or care to remember seeing). They think he's a checkdown artist who throws 2-3 picks a game and does nothing to help his team win except say "Yes, Mr. Shanahan".

They could have embraced an amazing story of an unlikely guy that could, but national media these days don't like underdog stories. They like superhero stories. Mahomes. Jackson. Allen. Burrow. Stafford. Guys with the muscles and capes. They see Purdy as Jimmy Olsen, Superman's gee-willickers pal who isn't even cool enough to be Robin.

Purdy is 24 going on 40 in their book. Can never get better, can never be more than a puppet. They just refuse to believe grit and moxie and clutchness and being emotionally even in ups and downs has value.

Their loss.

Im over caring what they think anymore, been that way for a few weeks now.
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Jan 29, 2024 at 3:19 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone