LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 266 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
I've seen enough. Brock is a QB that does not wilt under pressure. He steps up in pressure moments. Such an important trait for a franchise QB.

Agreed.

took u guys this long? I came to this conclusion after purdy's playoff wins last season

Good point. Although not all pressure moments are equal. And while he did show mental toughness in last season's playoff games, what he did to gut out the wins vs GB and DET truly proves that he is a mental giant.

GREAT QBs are not always great, they are great ONLY when they have to be !!!

woooooo
I find it funny that Brock's haters love to hate on him when he has a bad game. But they prop Lamar Jackson up as MVP but the man just can't get it done in the playoffs and now they are saying J Love is the next best QB in the league but silent as hell when he throws 2 interceptions in the playoff game. They just refuse to put Brock into the top 10.

Man i hope Brock has a good super bowl and wins Super Bowl MVP. Lamar can have the regular season MVP.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by krizay:
Well to be fair, those some said they wanted a QB who can beat Mahomes. So if he loses those some could still argue they want a QB that can beat Mahome. As if those QBs exist or are available.

Can Brock give 85% of what Mahomes does. That's the key. Had we got that 4 years ago the 9ers are SB champs.

Agreed!

hahaah I love Aiyuk. He's just like one of us "man get this sh!t tf outta here" hahaha
There is a lot of assumptions that Lamar will win MVP, and that is most likely true, but I still think there is a dark horse chance that CMC will win it.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
I've seen enough. Brock is a QB that does not wilt under pressure. He steps up in pressure moments. Such an important trait for a franchise QB.

Agreed.

We witnessed one of the all-time great QB moments in franchise history. I'm elated and not surprised. This guy has shown he's had it in him from the moment he took over.

He was running around and willing this team to victory like Steve Young. That sack escape sideline throw to Juice...ARE YOU f**kING KIDDING ME?!

I'm just amazed by this kid. Yes the NYG wild card comeback was the most points they've overcome post-season; yes, they came back down 17 in NFCCG in ATL...but this in terms of importance and style was the greatest 49ers playoff comeback in franchise history. Surreal.

It's the greatest one because it's the one that just occurred, but it's realistically probably tied with the one against ATL since they were both 17 point comebacks in the NFCCG and that Atlanta team was the #1 seed that year.
They are talking about how the Lions gave the game away to Brock Purdy and the Niners. Like every comeback from Mahomes, Brady, Allen, Brees, etc. didn't involved some sort of mistakes or door opening plays by the other teams.
Originally posted by miked1978:
I find it funny that Brock's haters love to hate on him when he has a bad game. But they prop Lamar Jackson up as MVP but the man just can't get it done in the playoffs and now they are saying J Love is the next best QB in the league but silent as hell when he throws 2 interceptions in the playoff game. They just refuse to put Brock into the top 10.

Man i hope Brock has a good super bowl and wins Super Bowl MVP. Lamar can have the regular season MVP.

Last week Balt is tied 10-10 start 3rd QTR with a drive where Pitre drops an INT I'm the endzone. Next play Lamar scores. You don't hear about his woulda coulda shoulda INT. But all week we had to hear about Brock's vs GB

LOL I love it when these guys make fools of themselves.
Originally posted by tankle104:

hahaah I love Aiyuk. He's just like one of us "man get this sh!t tf outta here" hahaha

Hahahha that was great and understandable. wtf lol

Originally posted by miked1978:

Last week Balt is tied 10-10 start 3rd QTR with a drive where Pitre drops an INT I'm the endzone. Next play Lamar scores. You don't hear about his woulda coulda shoulda INT. But all week we had to hear about Brock's vs GB

Or how Goff threw an INT thay was dropped in the endzone right at a bucs defender in the divisional game.

Let's also remember Goff threw what should have been an easy INT in the end zone. I watched every Divisional matchup and Mahomes was the only QB that didn't throw at least 1 dropped INT. Haters act like only Brock has dropped interceptions when it happens in almost every game. There's an old saying: "If defensive backs could catch, they would be wide receivers."
There is a lot of assumptions that Lamar will win MVP, and that is most likely true, but I still think there is a dark horse chance that CMC will win it.

Media gonna hunker down and support their regular season golden boy though.

CMC will be the SB MVP. Lock it in.
JFC Shannon. Keep moving those goalposts man.

Share 49ersWebzone