LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 251 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Still can't believe I was able to be at this game, what an amazing environment. Purdy was absolutely ELECTRIC. My first time seeing him play in person and it's much more impressive. No clue why some are still saying he's "sneaky athletic" or some even saying not athletic at all. He was juking people and running away from defenders on those scrambles, buying time in the pocket, etc. The scramble left and jump pass to Jennings was insane. Several "MVP, MVP" and "Purdy, Purdy" chants during the game, not sure if you could hear it on the broadcast.

Also a big shout out to our fans. When the stadium first opened, it was honestly depressing because the passion was just not there. Likely due to the crazy high PSL's and ticket prices. Well the "regular" fans are back! It felt like an old school Candlestick game. Rowdy fans, engaged, knowledgeable. The most impressive thing was that halftime, almost no one left their seat. My buddy had to go to the bathroom and he said there was almost no one in there. It was a quiet buzz and you could feel the sense of urgency. The stage was perfectly set for something special to happen, and for the players to come out of the locker room and see the stands still packed and pumped, it had to be energizing. And of course with how the game went in the 2nd half, it was a madhouse in the stadium lol.

Then after the game, same thing, no one left. I was there for the NFCCG in 2019 against the Packers and there were very few fans that stayed for the post game festivities. Last night, everyone stayed. Really cool experience.

So proud of our quarterback!

WHAT!!! Teams are 0-113 when down by 17 at the half!!!

now it's 1-113!!!
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tankle104:

now it's 1-113!!!

I like how he thinks he is clever working the word/name "swift" into his tweet.
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by BrockIsHim:

Anyone know what his wristband means? I assume something religious

Holy Spirit to Keep Calm

I'm thinking "His Servant to Kingdom Come"

"Hail Satan to Know Christ"

Holy Spirit to Keep Calm

On that general topic, in an article from Marcus Thompson in The Athletic this morning, Purdy said after the game: "When I'm down 17 at half," Purdy said, "honestly I'm thinking, 'Alright God. You've taken me here. Win or lose, I'm gonna glorify you.' That's my peace. That's the joy. That's the steadfastness. That's where I get it from. That's the honest truth."

now it's 1-113!!!

one of those quarters to rewatch a bunch hopefully after we win it all..
it was the O starting with a FG, then D got a TO on downs, then TD, then 1 play FF, then another TD. At that point DET heads were spinning.

Our O has the capability to start out putting score after score on KC that would carry us to a champ
Originally posted by dj43:

Holy Spirit to Keep Calm

On that general topic, in an article from Marcus Thompson in The Athletic this morning, Purdy said after the game: "When I'm down 17 at half," Purdy said, "honestly I'm thinking, 'Alright God. You've taken me here. Win or lose, I'm gonna glorify you.' That's my peace. That's the joy. That's the steadfastness. That's where I get it from. That's the honest truth."

It's pretty cringey when the first thing out of his mouth after a win is religious, but I understand that's how some people operate. I mean, if I believed there was a giant magical maestro in the sky, it would probably be the center of my world too. It's just a little ridiculous and I'm hoping it doesn't become a Teebow thing where every thought needs to be framed around one's faith. We get it, no one is not aware of Christ by brother in Christ.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by dj43:

Holy Spirit to Keep Calm

It's pretty cringey when the first thing out of his mouth after a win is religious, but I understand that's how some people operate. I mean, if I believed there was a giant magical maestro in the sky, it would probably be the center of my world too. It's just a little ridiculous and I'm hoping it doesn't become a Teebow thing where every thought needs to be framed around one's faith. We get it, no one is not aware of Christ by brother in Christ.
Don't Yuck our QB's Yum just because you disagree with him.
Personally I don't care what he says after a game as long as he takes us to the promised land.

and the Brocky lead comeback NFCCG victory puts another brick in his legend wall
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
and the Brocky lead comeback NFCCG victory puts another brick in his legend wall

4-1 playoff record in only his second year. Not too shabby!
Originally posted by Chance:

Holy Spirit to Keep Calm

"Hail Satan to Know Christ"

Hell served to Kansas City
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Hell served to Kansas City

lol there it is

now it's 1-113!!!

Looks like he's saying the 9ers were the only one to tie it by end of 3rd.
Share 49ersWebzone