Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by BrockIsHim:

Anyone know what his wristband means? I assume something religious

Holy Spirit to Keep Calm

I'm thinking "His Servant to Kingdom Come"

On that general topic, in an article from Marcus Thompson in The Athletic this morning, Purdy said after the game: "When I'm down 17 at half," Purdy said, "honestly I'm thinking, 'Alright God. You've taken me here. Win or lose, I'm gonna glorify you.' That's my peace. That's the joy. That's the steadfastness. That's where I get it from. That's the honest truth."

It's pretty cringey when the first thing out of his mouth after a win is religious, but I understand that's how some people operate. I mean, if I believed there was a giant magical maestro in the sky, it would probably be the center of my world too. It's just a little ridiculous and I'm hoping it doesn't become a Teebow thing where every thought needs to be framed around one's faith. We get it, no one is not aware of Christ by brother in Christ.

The fact he, as a young, relatively inexperienced player, who is becoming renowned for his poise in high-pressure situations is being asked how he can do that and gives an honest answer should not be cringey. It should at the very least give a certain amount of pause because what he is doing is far beyond the norm. It works for him and he would be dishonest to his faith if he did otherwise.
what religion is purdy? im ready to join!
It's pretty cringey when the first thing out of his mouth after a win is religious, but I understand that's how some people operate. I mean, if I believed there was a giant magical maestro in the sky, it would probably be the center of my world too. It's just a little ridiculous and I'm hoping it doesn't become a Teebow thing where every thought needs to be framed around one's faith. We get it, no one is not aware of Christ by brother in Christ.

Now you're hating on Brock after calling me others out? You s**tting on his personal life is far worse than anything any other person said.

All because he's religious. How gross.
[ Edited by MucketyMuck on Jan 29, 2024 at 12:11 PM ]
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

I dunno but when he gets his contract, that tithe money is gonna be crazy

Holy Spirit to Keep Calm

On that general topic, in an article from Marcus Thompson in The Athletic this morning, Purdy said after the game: "When I'm down 17 at half," Purdy said, "honestly I'm thinking, 'Alright God. You've taken me here. Win or lose, I'm gonna glorify you.' That's my peace. That's the joy. That's the steadfastness. That's where I get it from. That's the honest truth."

Only cringe I see is your post which gives I don't respect other faiths and points of view vibes.
  • thl408

Brock goes to strip clubs and tithe bars? He doesn't seem like that type.
Inspite of the mediocre 89.0 passer rating, Brock had an 88.1 QBR last night.

Honestly, your statement sounds much "cringeyer," ignorant, and uneducated, than anything Brock has ever said. People get buried in today's climate for being racist, but it is okay to torch and dismiss people's faith? That makes sense. Prejudice is prejudice.
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Jan 29, 2024 at 12:23 PM ]
Originally posted by thl408:

Brock goes to strip clubs and tithe bars? He doesn't seem like that type.

Certainly doesn't seem like Brock wants to make it rain like Trey.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

Honestly, your statement sounds much "cringeyer," ignorant, and uneducated, than anything Brock has ever said. People get buried in today's climate for being racist, but it is okay to torch and dismiss people's faith? That makes sense. Prejudice is prejudice.

In all fairness, a person has the same right to unbelief as belief.

The critical component is that one respects the other.

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Holy Spirit to Keep Calm

Only cringe I see is your post which gives I don't respect other faiths and points of view vibes.

It's cringey to me. So what? I respect his right to have a cringey opinion. Lots of dudes I respect say cringey things. Hell, I say cringey things. Does that mean I don't respect myself? Get out of here with the persecution complex.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

In all fairness, a person has the same right to unbelief as belief.

The critical component is that one respects the other.

Yes, people have the right to different opinions. Because that's all this is about. I have a right to be put off by someone's opinion. That doesn't mean I don't respect them or their right to their opinion.
[ Edited by Chance on Jan 29, 2024 at 12:45 PM ]

Holy Spirit to Keep Calm

The fact he, as a young, relatively inexperienced player, who is becoming renowned for his poise in high-pressure situations is being asked how he can do that and gives an honest answer should not be cringey. It should at the very least give a certain amount of pause because what he is doing is far beyond the norm. It works for him and he would be dishonest to his faith if he did otherwise.

I hear what you're saying. I was speaking more to the unprompted answer he gave at the podium last night. Hey, I love the guy and have no problem in him believing whatever he wants as long as that belief does not hurt others. I also hold the belief that those kind of opinions, on the nature of the word, are not most appropriately stated as the first thing said when you're presented with the NFC championship trophy. It just is cringey to me as someone who has a differing opinion, and who would never find it appropriate to share that opinion in such a way. But I understand that religious people and atheists/agnostics don't see the world the same, fundamentally.
[ Edited by Chance on Jan 29, 2024 at 12:49 PM ]
I hear what you're saying. I was speaking more to the unprompted answer he gave at the podium last night. Hey, I love the guy and have no problem in him believing whatever he wants as long as that belief does not hurt others. I also hold the opinion that those kind of opinions on the nature of the word and most appropriately stated as the first thing said when you're presented with the NFC championship trophy. It just is cringey to me as someone who has a differing opinion, and who would never find it appropriate to share that opinion in such a way. But I understand that religious people and atheists/agnostics don't see the world the same, fundamentally.

Gross
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
I hear what you're saying. I was speaking more to the unprompted answer he gave at the podium last night. Hey, I love the guy and have no problem in him believing whatever he wants as long as that belief does not hurt others. I also hold the opinion that those kind of opinions on the nature of the word and most appropriately stated as the first thing said when you're presented with the NFC championship trophy. It just is cringey to me as someone who has a differing opinion, and who would never find it appropriate to share that opinion in such a way. But I understand that religious people and atheists/agnostics don't see the world the same, fundamentally.

Gross

Religious and political views are best kept private by sports stars and celebrities.
Share 49ersWebzone