There are 247 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TyCore:
Did anyone else think he played in the confines of Jimmy G's gameplan, with all the throws over the middle?

The big mistake was the INT, but I feel that's a play you go for when you've developed more chemistry with your receivers.

The throws over the middle is not a Jimmy G thing, more of a Kyle's offense. Kyle likes to put challenge the LBs.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Time for us to all rally around Brock Purdy. We can still win the SB with him.

good one. season is done for all all intents and purposes.
Yea man. I'm calling in Kap to back him up. No worries
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

We almost won the Super Bowl twice despite Jimmy having something like a QB rating of 35 in the 4th quarter of playoff games. No reason to give up hope.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Dec 4, 2022 at 4:56 PM ]
If Trent Dilfer can win a superbowl, then we can do it with Brock.
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Originally posted by TyCore:
Did anyone else think he played in the confines of Jimmy G's gameplan, with all the throws over the middle?

The big mistake was the INT, but I feel that's a play you go for when you've developed more chemistry with your receivers.
His INT wasn't a big mistake, it was a calculated play. He had single coverage, threw it to one of his playmakers, pass wasn't great and got intercepted. But if the WR makes that catch then we are in business still. In essence it was like a punt as it got the Phins the ball inside their own 20. Would have been smarter on the Phins play to just swat the ball down then to intercept it.

It was on 4th down. Not sure if it was the right read, but he had to just throw it.
Mixed feelings. On one hand Purdy played great today. So I am hopeful he somehow is that guy we have been looking for. On the other hand, he is a rookie who was drafted with the last pick. Can he really get us there? History is not on our side with this. The high from the win is starting to wear off and worry is starting to set in.

We almost won the Super Bowl twice despite Jimmy having something like a QB rating of 35 in the 4th quarter of playoff games. No reason to give up hope.

Uh huh. I'll enjoy watching the rest of the games since football season is so short, and I do give Purdy credit for today, but there is ZERO chance they're winning the super bowl. More power to you though.

Uh huh. I'll enjoy watching the rest of the games since football season is so short, and I do give Purdy credit for today, but there is ZERO chance they're winning the super bowl. More power to you though.

If there's zero chance of them winning the Super Bowl now, then there probably wasn't any chance of it before. This team has won 4 playoff games with almost zero help from the QB. At the very least, we can hope they can do it again.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Dec 4, 2022 at 5:02 PM ]

I think we'll just have to hope he can minimize mistakes. The defense may be able to carry us to the NFC West crown but I don't think we can win in the playoffs with him. Shanahan is going to have to get very creative.

Yes it's possible. Purdy was slinging it around with moxie in the preseason also.

The biggest weaknesses I see right now are he's going to be interception prone because he likes to sling it and he holds the ball too long like Jimmy sometimes.

He actually looks similar to how Jimmy looked when he first got here.

I think he needs more play action under center and less shotgun as a play mix. It also seems like that helps with our running game as well.

Give him more designed screens also as he can move a little better than Jimmy and he's going to see the blitz and pressure more now than our past qbs.

He should be able to feast though knowing this off play action and screens. If shanny is smart at all.

If there's zero chance of them winning the Super Bowl now, then there probably wasn't any chance of it before.

Well I didn't think they were going to win it before; too many flaws with the team this year. Jimmy is better than Purdy though, so I guess they have a negative chance now lol.
  • thl408
He is very relevant now. Let's go Brock!
As far as an inexperienced QB and trying to win games, we are in the same place as we would have been if Trey Lance was the QB. At the beginning of the season, most of us would have been fine with that.

With this defense, I'm fine with that.
Share 49ersWebzone