LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 241 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
When was he asked about his beliefs btw?

I mean some of these dudes won't stfu about all glory to god and durka durka Muhammad jihad etc, so brock isn't even that bad, but again, no one asked about his f'ing beliefs. Why is that point so hard to understand?

You got issues dude.
Brock Purdy can praise Sholorpian from the planet Shlorp for all I care.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
If the first word out of your f'ing mouth is about your religion, you are the one pushing your s**t on other people. Non religious people don't like that, get it?

It's not pushing his s**t on to other people to express his own beliefs. That aside, if you've watched sports before this is nothing new from professional athletes.

Lol wasn't he asked how he was able to in order to pull off this win? And he answered it by sharing what he believes helped him? Lmao

im not a religious guy but I don't see Brock as being pushy or shoveling that on anyone, he also isn't the type to not share what he genuinely believes cause he isnt ashamed. At least he really means it and believes it.
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:

100 percent, lol.

#FSM
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:

I'm more a giant spaghetti monster religion kinda guy myself, but to each their own.
100 percent, lol.

#FSM

Aye Smokey - do you have any insight into why we do that weird motion with CMC where he shifts backwards? I've seen it with other players in our O but I'm not sure the advantage it gives us. JTO seems to hate it lmao
Originally posted by Patton:

I mean some of these dudes won't stfu about all glory to god and durka durka Muhammad jihad etc, so brock isn't even that bad, but again, no one asked about his f'ing beliefs. Why is that point so hard to understand?

You got issues dude.

This
Originally posted by Patton:

You got issues dude.

Dude thinks he's Team America: World Police or something

😂

let dudes loves Jesus all they want. I'm bout how they play on the field
Originally posted by tankle104:
Aye Smokey - do you have any insight into why we do that weird motion with CMC where he shifts backwards? I've seen it with other players in our O but I'm not sure the advantage it gives us. JTO seems to hate it lmao

Not really. I have the same questions like JTO, mostly after watching his videos. You can see in some cases it's used to move a defender and clear out an area (or clean up a look), but there's also a balance with how it affects our timing and his route running (negatively). It was mindblowing last week when Conley did it on end of game TD possession.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Jan 29, 2024 at 3:57 PM ]
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by Chance:
It's pretty cringey when the first thing out of his mouth after a win is religious, but I understand that's how some people operate. I mean, if I believed there was a giant magical maestro in the sky, it would probably be the center of my world too. It's just a little ridiculous and I'm hoping it doesn't become a Teebow thing where every thought needs to be framed around one's faith. We get it, no one is not aware of Christ by brother in Christ.

Honestly, your statement sounds much "cringeyer," ignorant, and uneducated, than anything Brock has ever said. People get buried in today's climate for being racist, but it is okay to torch and dismiss people's faith? That makes sense. Prejudice is prejudice.

If the first word out of your f'ing mouth is about your religion, you are the one pushing your s**t on other people. Non religious people don't like that, get it?

You must go on a major bender when someone says God bless you after sneezing

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I'm sorry that this has hurt you so deeply, its his belief system, if its important to him, great, not sure why it offends you so much, he's not telling you go run off to a church, mosque or synagogue, its his deal.

Yeah not sure how that is pushing beliefs, plus BP has been outspoken about his faith this entire time. He gets a trophy and now it gets brought up? But I digress. This guy has a great character, one of the best I have seen in football. Reminds me of Steve Young (again lol), just seems like a genuinely nice, good dude. Sure beats unsavory or just plain ick characters like Watson, Mike Vick, Ray Rice hitting a chick in an elevator and knocking her out..the Raider who drank and drove, killing a lady in Vegas..the list goes on and on. It's nice to have a dude with good character. 👍
Originally posted by tankle104:

Not really. I have the same questions like JTO, mostly after watching his videos. You can see in some cases it's used to move a defender and clear out an area, but there's also a balance with how it affects our timing and his route running (negatively). It was mindblowing last week when Conley did it on end of game TD possession.

Ive noticed it a lot during games over the last several weeks. I haven't been able to figure it out - my guess is that it helps expose the defensive strategy to Brock? But yeah I have no idea. Lol

Warm smile from Joe. Love it.
Originally posted by dj43:

Kyle looking proud of him too.
Originally posted by dj43:

Joe is like "you remind me of me!"
Share 49ersWebzone