LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 182 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Brock Purdy can praise Sholorpian from the planet Shlorp for all I care.

ya i disagree with purdy on the religious stuff but idgaf if he's ballin. steve young was a devout mormon, who f'n cares
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
It doesn't hurt me at all, I love the guy, just saying it's mildly annoying and people who have a problem with that can stfu. Until it's the national jesus league I think it's ok to point out it's slightly weird.

You obviously think it's weird because you don't share those beliefs. Neither do I, so we're on the same page there. Not hard to respect other peoples beliefs though, and him expressing his publicly isn't the same as forcing them onto anyone else.

To me, unless someone ASKS YOU about your beliefs, getting into said beliefs is, in effect, forcing them on me. That's my $.02 on the topic, f**k it, he's not that bad about it, go Niners
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Brock Purdy can praise Sholorpian from the planet Shlorp for all I care.

ya i disagree with purdy on the religious stuff but idgaf if he's ballin. steve young was a devout mormon, who f'n cares

And that s**t is really wacky. I never once heard Steve start talking about jeebus or Joseph smith after a game though!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
It doesn't hurt me at all, I love the guy, just saying it's mildly annoying and people who have a problem with that can stfu. Until it's the national jesus league I think it's ok to point out it's slightly weird.

Like I said, I'm sorry this happened to you but hearing athletes, regardless of their faith speak about their religious views is hardly unique and quite commonplace across many sports. Everyone finds strength in different things and a short statement during a moment of incredible euphoria is hardly anything to get overly exercised about.

I hear you man and trust me in inclined to lean that way with Brock. He's not that bad about it. It builds up in my intolerant ass personality though. Out of my system for now.
When was he asked about his beliefs btw?

I mean some of these dudes won't stfu about all glory to god and durka durka Muhammad jihad etc, so brock isn't even that bad, but again, no one asked about his f'ing beliefs. Why is that point so hard to understand?

Nobody had to. Nobody asked you for an opinion on it either, lol. Yet here you are offering one (nothing wrong with it to be clear).

Oh so barfing up my religious beliefs is akin to an opinion on an Internet forum? Great argument.
And that s**t is really wacky. I never once heard Steve start talking about jeebus or Joseph smith after a game though!

Who the heck cares man. Like Tankle said, BP was asked a question and he answered it. The end lol
Oh so barfing up my religious beliefs is akin to an opinion on an Internet forum? Great argument.

It's you offering an opinion nobody asked for, when you are upset that somebody else offered something nobody asked for. It's called a double standard… or hypocrisy.

You don't have an argument. I wanted to fight people about religion when I was immature as well.

I mean some of these dudes won't stfu about all glory to god and durka durka Muhammad jihad etc, so brock isn't even that bad, but again, no one asked about his f'ing beliefs. Why is that point so hard to understand?

Nobody had to. Nobody asked you for an opinion on it either, lol. Yet here you are offering one (nothing wrong with it to be clear).

May God bless you and peace be with you, man. I hope and pray that there'll be more people like Purdy.
Originally posted by Montana:

Who the heck cares man. Like Tankle said, BP was asked a question and he answered it. The end lol

There's more to the context than that and you know it. This is more about the nuttier all glory to god freaks the first thing out of their mouth than Brock, believe me. GO BROCK!
Originally posted by 49erF90:

May God bless you and peace be with you, man. I hope and pray that there'll be more people like Purdy.
God has no idea who either of us are and couldn't give a s**t about football. Save your blessings.

We're going to the Super Bowl, and ppl want to start a religion debate
don't we have a religion thread, let's keep this one, about football

It's you offering an opinion nobody asked for, when you are upset that somebody else offered something nobody asked for. It's called a double standard… or hypocrisy.

You don't have an argument. I wanted to fight people about religion when I was immature as well.

Read the words you just typed and think about what you just did and what you accused me of. You literally just did what you accused me of. Congrats.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
We're going to the Super Bowl, and ppl want to start a religion debate
don't we have a religion thread, let's keep this one, about football

I LOVE BROCK PURDY! With his religion and all that. At least we know what he won't be doing during super bowl week and will be prepared as possible - which is all I care about. I'm worried about some of the younger guys but i hope the vets can talk some sense into them. Like.. have fun but be rational about it, moderate.
Originally posted by tankle104:

well now, those are some numbers
Share 49ersWebzone