There are 441 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Silky:
I don't get why awards like MVP are regular season awards. If you have two candidates like Lamar and Brock, let the playoffs play out. If the award was still in play, you'd have to move the ticket back towards Brock at this point.

Technically, there are two MVPs. A regular season one and then last one standing (typically) - SB MVP.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He shook the Lions best LB and tackler on this play. Just an incredible play that reminded me of the times Russell Wilson burned the 49ers just when they thought they had him contained.

That pocket collapsed so fast and nowhere to throw...his processing on what to do is phenomenal. Split second decisions.
LOL this is insane. Kittle is the man - he genuinely never lost hope.

Originally posted by tankle104:

Kittle all 'why so tense' into Brock's serious space. Kinda like Montana's John Candy moment in the SB, except Brock's is Harris Barton
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 29, 2024 at 6:21 PM ]
Its a nonsense take. The 49ers in the 80s didn't have a salary cap to deal with. They had an owner willing to outspend everyone and thus they could afford backups better than quite few starters. In spite of that, they still blew quite a few winnable playoff games. In 1985, 86 and 87 they got bounced from the playoffs in just a single game, losing by double digits in all of those. Montana got worked over good by Parcells, Belichick and the Giants.

By the time Young took over, the cap was in place, the gap was greatly narrowed in terms of talent and you had a front office that began making a lot of questionable decisions that further stripped the team of talent.

By the time you got to 1995 and Shanahan was gone, you had no Ricky Watters and a completely one dimensional offense where Marc Trestman had to lean heavily on a short passing game because the RBs were awful and teams took advantage of that, playing the pass and daring the 49ers to run on them.

If anything, it's comparable to how badly the Packers have bungled and mismanaged the roster with Aaron Rodgers. The Packers of the mid to late 90s era were the opposite. They had a great offensive minded coach in Holmgren, a very good run game, a very talented defense led by Reggie White and LeRoy Butller. They were built to take out the 49ers and they did it successfully.

The only year after 1994 where the 49ers had a truly complete roster was 1998 and then Garrison Hearst blew out his knee on the first series of the NFCCG.
Superb post, that is pretty much as I recall those events too. Knew the game was over when Hearst left the field. there were so many matches in the mid-late 90s when I just knew the 49ers were just not good enough all around but still very watchable. Some tough losses in the '80s too. A shocking loss to the (Vikings 87 was it?) Joe got benched as I recall and Young came on pretty well, they were expected to win, was unwell for a week after that loss. Those were days without Sky TV coverage. Used to listen in Scotland to AFN at all hours in the morning, radio reception was desperately poor, can still hear Hank Stram and Jack Buck's superb commentary when the reception was good but sometimes. Joe has em at the 20 and...then waves of interference with like some Opera singers on acid and a backing group of Polish newsreaders! Sometimes wait ten minutes for the outcome of the play! That's dedication for you!

that is amazing. lol.
I don't give AF what Purdy's beliefs are. whatever works during game time! haha
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:

I'll become a devout Christian if it means he wins us a super bowl. Lol I've done a lot worse things for less.
I am surprised by the number of posts regarding an innocent and brief gratitude given to god by Brock. We are talking about the guy who led the team to a historic comeback win. I am thankful for him. We should be supporting him and talking about what he did. He blessed us with a win. Those runs and key throws when it counted most. He executed and won a game I gave up on at halftime. He overcame s**tty o line play and a defense that looked more like a wide open highway for runs and passes in the middle of the field. He did all of that and what are we talking about? His gratitude for god? Seriously? New low for the zone….

Its crazy how good marino was in an era that wasn't favorable to offenses and runnung backs were the stars

He also said at the end of the loss in the Superbowl they'd be back with a vengeance. And we're playing the Chiefs.
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:

I'll become a devout Christian if it means he wins us a super bowl. Lol I've done a lot worse things for less.

He went from Mr Irrelevant to starting qb in the SB in his first full year. Hard to not believe in someone above looking out for him. Good for Brock.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 29, 2024 at 6:40 PM ]
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
I am surprised by the number of posts regarding an innocent and brief gratitude given to god by Brock. We are talking about the guy who led the team to a historic comeback win. I am thankful for him. We should be supporting him and talking about what he did. He blessed us with a win. Those runs and key throws when it counted most. He executed and won a game I gave up on at halftime. He overcame s**tty o line play and a defense that looked more like a wide open highway for runs and passes in the middle of the field. He did all of that and what are we talking about? His gratitude for god? Seriously? New low for the zone….

Lol. It is silly.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Greatest scene ever
that guy does cameo now lol
Share 49ersWebzone