There are 281 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
I am surprised by the number of posts regarding an innocent and brief gratitude given to god by Brock. We are talking about the guy who led the team to a historic comeback win. I am thankful for him. We should be supporting him and talking about what he did. He blessed us with a win. Those runs and key throws when it counted most. He executed and won a game I gave up on at halftime. He overcame s**tty o line play and a defense that looked more like a wide open highway for runs and passes in the middle of the field. He did all of that and what are we talking about? His gratitude for god? Seriously? New low for the zone….

Lol. It is silly.

Brock sez "Miss me wit dat..."

Wasn't a fan when things were lookin ugly. Don't all of a sudden be a fan now...
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Would be sweet irony if Purdy beats mahomes with his legs.
Originally posted by Crown:
Would be sweet irony if Purdy beats mahomes with his legs.

Idc if Purdy has to get on his head and spin, whatever it takes.

man this chip is going to be SO SWEET!!
Originally posted by random49er:
I am surprised by the number of posts regarding an innocent and brief gratitude given to god by Brock. We are talking about the guy who led the team to a historic comeback win. I am thankful for him. We should be supporting him and talking about what he did. He blessed us with a win. Those runs and key throws when it counted most. He executed and won a game I gave up on at halftime. He overcame s**tty o line play and a defense that looked more like a wide open highway for runs and passes in the middle of the field. He did all of that and what are we talking about? His gratitude for god? Seriously? New low for the zone….

Lol. It is silly.

Wasn't a fan when things were lookin ugly. Don't all of a sudden be a fan now...

lol got em

Lol. It is silly.

RECEIPT
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Greatest scene ever
that guy does cameo now lol

Is this a Lost Boys pull? lol

Lol. It is silly.

LOL he knows!!! That's hilarious
Is it ironic that standing behind Purdy is a Christian?

Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Greatest scene ever
that guy does cameo now lol

Is this a Lost Boys pull? lol

Lol yeah. Guy was rocking the boardwalk that night
What Purdy did yesterday in the 2nd half, and if that was Lamar or Mahomes or Allen, the entire mouths-with-a-tv-show would have gone crazy.

I knew he was good, but could never imagine, this good in the NFCCG under so much pressure, plus down 17 points. It's almost like he said - not today.
Best game manager ever.

Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by BrockIsHim:

Anyone know what his wristband means? I assume something religious

Holy Spirit to Keep Calm

I'm thinking "His Servant to Kingdom Come"

On that general topic, in an article from Marcus Thompson in The Athletic this morning, Purdy said after the game: "When I'm down 17 at half," Purdy said, "honestly I'm thinking, 'Alright God. You've taken me here. Win or lose, I'm gonna glorify you.' That's my peace. That's the joy. That's the steadfastness. That's where I get it from. That's the honest truth."

It's pretty cringey when the first thing out of his mouth after a win is religious, but I understand that's how some people operate. I mean, if I believed there was a giant magical maestro in the sky, it would probably be the center of my world too. It's just a little ridiculous and I'm hoping it doesn't become a Teebow thing where every thought needs to be framed around one's faith. We get it, no one is not aware of Christ by brother in Christ.

The fact he, as a young, relatively inexperienced player, who is becoming renowned for his poise in high-pressure situations is being asked how he can do that and gives an honest answer should not be cringey. It should at the very least give a certain amount of pause because what he is doing is far beyond the norm. It works for him and he would be dishonest to his faith if he did otherwise.

I hear what you're saying. I was speaking more to the unprompted answer he gave at the podium last night. Hey, I love the guy and have no problem in him believing whatever he wants as long as that belief does not hurt others. I also hold the belief that those kind of opinions, on the nature of the word, are not most appropriately stated as the first thing said when you're presented with the NFC championship trophy. It just is cringey to me as someone who has a differing opinion, and who would never find it appropriate to share that opinion in such a way. But I understand that religious people and atheists/agnostics don't see the world the same, fundamentally.

To me it's a large difference to say "Whatever happens It'll be fine because I know football isn't the end all be all of my life because of my faith" and "God made us win". Often people think people are saying the latter when they are actually saying the former. Purdy phrases it better than most. When he got knocked out of last year's NFC CG this POV he has allowed him to not get too down about it, too. Point is, it's not just something he says when things go well on the field. It's a part of who he is.
[ Edited by captveg on Jan 29, 2024 at 8:03 PM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:

LOL he knows!!! That's hilarious
Lolol, "stop" it sounded like he said, haha totally knows LOL

He also said at the end of the loss in the Superbowl they'd be back with a vengeance. And we're playing the Chiefs.

I love Kittle, so cool he encouraged BP like that..and speaking things into existence! Lol

Originally posted by tankle104:
The good news is that KC doesn't a run game on the same level as the lions and packers - over the last stretch of the season, Aaron jones led the league in rushing.

The lions have a two headed monster where they had an insane amount of rushing touchdowns and first duo of running backs to have 1k yards each in nfl history.

they also both have top tier offensive lines. Now KC has mahomes and he is obviously special and always a huge problem, but they won't stress our defense the same way as those guys did (hopefully). Pacheco is solid but this isn't the same type of run threat.

This post comforts me and I thank you lol
Share 49ersWebzone