There are 301 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:

Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Brock Purdy can praise Sholorpian from the planet Shlorp for all I care.

ya i disagree with purdy on the religious stuff but idgaf if he's ballin. steve young was a devout mormon, who f'n cares

And that s**t is really wacky. I never once heard Steve start talking about jeebus or Joseph smith after a game though!

LDS culture doesn't typically do the public thanks to God around sports thing.
Can we stop talking about the religion thing. Get over it
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Can we stop talking about the religion thing. Get over it

Right?

Let the man live his life.

Some people are so soft they have to be offended or "disagree" with someone else's beliefs.

How about just having no opinion and leaving it alone.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Not sure if posted yet

These things are getting too damn long and before watching I already know about 15 minutes of it is going to be complaining about the CMC motions.
Not to sound ugh or anything but I miss times when ppl didn't get offended by so much stuff. So much drama these days..it's meh. But anyway..I love the dude's character..would not mind more people with the character he seems to have. Seems like a pretty special guy on every level. Clone this guy and spread Brock Purdys around the world haha. That is my take haha
[ Edited by Montana on Jan 29, 2024 at 8:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Furlow:
Still can't believe I was able to be at this game, what an amazing environment. Purdy was absolutely ELECTRIC. My first time seeing him play in person and it's much more impressive. No clue why some are still saying he's "sneaky athletic" or some even saying not athletic at all. He was juking people and running away from defenders on those scrambles, buying time in the pocket, etc. The scramble left and jump pass to Jennings was insane. Several "MVP, MVP" and "Purdy, Purdy" chants during the game, not sure if you could hear it on the broadcast.

Also a big shout out to our fans. When the stadium first opened, it was honestly depressing because the passion was just not there. Likely due to the crazy high PSL's and ticket prices. Well the "regular" fans are back! It felt like an old school Candlestick game. Rowdy fans, engaged, knowledgeable. The most impressive thing was that halftime, almost no one left their seat. My buddy had to go to the bathroom and he said there was almost no one in there. It was a quiet buzz and you could feel the sense of urgency. The stage was perfectly set for something special to happen, and for the players to come out of the locker room and see the stands still packed and pumped, it had to be energizing. And of course with how the game went in the 2nd half, it was a madhouse in the stadium lol.

Then after the game, same thing, no one left. I was there for the NFCCG in 2019 against the Packers and there were very few fans that stayed for the post game festivities. Last night, everyone stayed. Really cool experience.

So proud of our quarterback!

That's awesome, I was trying to get a read on the crowd on my re-watch, it's nice to hear that the playoff crowd is bringing it at Levi's. It seems to get better with each playoff run. Purdy's gonna fill that place for a long time
Originally posted by Montana:
Not to sound ugh or anything but I miss times when ppl didn't get offended by so much stuff. So much drama these days..it's meh. But anyway..I love the dude's character..would not mind more people with the character he seems to have. Seems like a pretty special guy on every level. Clone this guy and spread Brock Purdys around the world haha. That is my take haha

My friend brought it up and was all annoyed ....lol I was like wtf is wrong with you? I didn't even think anything of it. Then I see this thread today....

It's very common for athletes to thank god. It's not like this is new. If someone else's beliefs trigger you, I think you need to check yourself lol he's like the nicest person too.

I bet these are the same folks who got mad at people for getting mad at Kap for kneeling back in the day. No consistent thought or common decency these days.
Originally posted by Crown:
Right?

Some people are so soft they have to be offended or "disagree" with someone else's beliefs.

I like this point. Ppl are pretty opinionated these days..which is fine I guess but it sure gets old. It starts to feel pretty negative at times and the opposite of progress on a human level. Opinions themselves are great but leaving crap alone when that opinion does not align with your own..what a concept. Sure would be more peace in the world 🌎. Or yeah, maybe just drop opinions and just have an exchange of thoughts, ideas, beliefs as a way to expand one's knowledge and possibly, idk maybe grow and learn from those exchanges..what the hell, I sound all philosophical now haha
[ Edited by Montana on Jan 29, 2024 at 8:47 PM ]
Originally posted by BP13:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Still can't believe I was able to be at this game, what an amazing environment. Purdy was absolutely ELECTRIC. My first time seeing him play in person and it's much more impressive. No clue why some are still saying he's "sneaky athletic" or some even saying not athletic at all. He was juking people and running away from defenders on those scrambles, buying time in the pocket, etc. The scramble left and jump pass to Jennings was insane. Several "MVP, MVP" and "Purdy, Purdy" chants during the game, not sure if you could hear it on the broadcast.

Also a big shout out to our fans. When the stadium first opened, it was honestly depressing because the passion was just not there. Likely due to the crazy high PSL's and ticket prices. Well the "regular" fans are back! It felt like an old school Candlestick game. Rowdy fans, engaged, knowledgeable. The most impressive thing was that halftime, almost no one left their seat. My buddy had to go to the bathroom and he said there was almost no one in there. It was a quiet buzz and you could feel the sense of urgency. The stage was perfectly set for something special to happen, and for the players to come out of the locker room and see the stands still packed and pumped, it had to be energizing. And of course with how the game went in the 2nd half, it was a madhouse in the stadium lol.

Then after the game, same thing, no one left. I was there for the NFCCG in 2019 against the Packers and there were very few fans that stayed for the post game festivities. Last night, everyone stayed. Really cool experience.

So proud of our quarterback!

That's awesome, I was trying to get a read on the crowd on my re-watch, it's nice to hear that the playoff crowd is bringing it at Levi's. It seems to get better with each playoff run. Purdy's gonna fill that place for a long time
i'm a little disappointed in our fans who sold their tix and let GB/Det have more fans than they should. it wasn't like that in 2019. but since we have been winning and us being big favorites probably had fans trying to dampen those Vegas prices. The crowd was still pretty awesome and that halftime show was great. probably the best since Snoop

People just need to learn how to mind their business and not worry about what others do, as long as they're not hurting anyone. Lol everyone seems to be so angry with others who don't view things the same as them, it's odd. It's no big deal to disagree with each other things or have different preferences of life. I have way too much going on in life to worry about wtf people are doing all the time. Lol

he seems like an excellent guy. Specifically as a neighbor hahaha

• Cosmo
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

My friend brought it up and was all annoyed ....lol I was like wtf is wrong with you? I didn't even think anything of it. Then I see this thread today....

It's very common for athletes to thank god. It's not like this is new. If someone else's beliefs trigger you, I think you need to check yourself lol he's like the nicest person too.

I bet these are the same folks who got mad at people for getting mad at Kap for kneeling back in the day. No consistent thought or common decency these days.

Most athletes thank god when they win, as though their god has a favorite team. But if they play for my favorite team and win, they can believe the Flying Spaghetti Monster and his noodly appendages are responsible for all I care.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Right?

I like this point. Ppl are pretty opinionated these days..which is fine I guess but it sure gets old. It starts to feel pretty negative at times and the opposite of progress on a human level. Opinions themselves are great but leaving crap alone when that opinion does not align with your own..what a concept. Sure would be more peace in the world 🌎. Or yeah, maybe just drop opinions and just have an exchange of thoughts, ideas, beliefs as a way to expand one's knowledge and possibly, idk maybe grow and learn from those exchanges..what the hell, I sound all philosophical now haha

"The ability to observe without evaluating is the highest form of intelligence."

Jiddu Krishnamurti
Originally posted by Cosmo:

Most athletes thank god when they win, as though their god has a favorite team. But if they play for my favorite team and win, they can believe the Flying Spaghetti Monster and his noodly appendages are responsible for all I care.

Exactly. It's innocent, not malicious. It's like a positive thing from that person. I never cared or gave this much thought until today, nor do I really care about a players personal stuff, but the world is changing lol I just want them to play good so we win

I never got upset Kap kneeled..not to go on a Kap thing in the BP thread but..I was never mad. He seemed a little puffed up about himself sometimes and it turned me off but Idk I never met the dude. Only heard good things about him in Reno from ppl I knew that met him or knew him. Very well loved at UNR. And you look at what Kap was speaking out about, and the NFL may have just banned him for it seems..well..lots of what he was saying, have been now incorporated into the NFL. Look at the end zones, "end racism" and all of that. One could argue..well, not sure if that should be in an end zone but could have a positive effect as well. Maybe Kap really did change things in a positive way..that can be argued but whatever, ppl really got way too heated over it..I don't think he should have been banished from the NFL. I say that and yes, I love the flag at the same time. I certainly don't worship it but I do really like it. They made too much of it.

Anyway..

How about that guy who just won the NFC Champ Game? Lol
[ Edited by Montana on Jan 29, 2024 at 9:14 PM ]
"The ability to observe without evaluating is the highest form of intelligence."

Jiddu Krishnamurti

Share 49ersWebzone