Tests confirm 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk suffered season-ending knee injury →

There are 348 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by tankle104:
You usually see guys jumping around to try and avoid stepping on other players like that. He didn't make an effort at all, that's what makes me believe he was just trying to be an a hole.

Yeah I can see it going either way..a trip or a bit of a stomp. Idk

Yeah, same, I can see it either way. I can't tell.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by miked1978:

It's impressive but other than Brady those guys came into the league as very high picks meaning their team sucked and was a lot worse than one QB away from making the playoffs.

I love me some Brock but he did come into a very fortunate situation. He was suppose to be the practice squad guy though lol.

However i guess it's still impressive bc 2 year guys are still viewed as young QB and are given a leash by the media. Brock has to be perfect to get any recognition.

The guy that *was* supposed to come into a fortunate situation was Trey. Brock just stepped into Trey's shoes and basically took off. I've never seen a rookie QB master (in a sense) the complicated Kyle offense - from the git go like that. The Brock/Kyle pairing is going to dominate the NFL in the future - if they continue to draft well and surround Brock with talent.

The difference, I think, between the Andy Reid offense and the Kyle Offense is the run game. KC doesn't have the run game as a focus, whereas for Kyle - the run game is the basis of his entire offense.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crown:
Would be sweet irony if Purdy beats mahomes with his legs.

Idc if Purdy has to get on his head and spin, whatever it takes.

man this chip is going to be SO SWEET!!

Yeah, its going to be great if #6 is in the cards for us this year. Finally, after a long long drought.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersking:
What Purdy did yesterday in the 2nd half, and if that was Lamar or Mahomes or Allen, the entire mouths-with-a-tv-show would have gone crazy.

I knew he was good, but could never imagine, this good in the NFCCG under so much pressure, plus down 17 points. It's almost like he said - not today.

Huge game for Brock in his second year. HUGE!

In less than two weeks he'll be on the biggest stage in the word! God definitely has blessed him and the 49ers.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Purdy will become a changed man after 10 years in the NFL.

Greatest film in history.

It's top 5 for me.

The last scene is what raises it for you? To that upper echelon?
if purdy wins the SB in the same fashion as the nfccg, he will for sure be SBMVP!
The thing all the media and the people who don't watch him don't take into account is not just how he produces game winning drives.

Brock is very rarely putting himself into do or die situations. Very rarely is time expiring or we are on last play if the game 4th downs multiple times on a game winning drive...

By not putting yourself into those situations you give your team a much better chance at winning the game when you have to.

It's much easier to flip a coin one time and get heads than to flip a coin 4 times in a row and get heads every time...

Jimmy was actually pretty good at flipping heads multiple times in a row. The problem was he consistently would get himself into those do or die situations. Just by law of averages even "clutch" QBs are going to lose more if they have to flip more...
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 30, 2024 at 10:07 AM ]
The double standards and one sided standards they use for Purdy are impossible to find in NFL history. They call the bounce off the facemask a bad play. First it was probably interference. But I believe they picked up the flag. Anyway Aiyuk caught it. But the emaculate reception is considered an outstanding play. Which lead to a Playoff win. It's totally a freak play. Very lucky. But you get a bounce sometimes in the NFL.

Second we were behind. So sometimes you take a shot. People don't understand this. In hopes that you get pass interference or a lucky bounce like that. You are pressing the ball down the field when down a lot to catch up. So a play like this is somewhat forced and not a normal read. You are hoping for exactly that. A lucky bounce which you sometimes get. There are times in a game in certain games to do that.
i saw this happen live. Idk if it was on purpose but I think so. They were frustrated and dirty af.

Dirty azz M-Fers!!! That's exactly why they lost!!!

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Patton:
i saw this happen live. Idk if it was on purpose but I think so. They were frustrated and dirty af.

Dirty azz M-Fers!!! That's exactly why they lost!!!

Knee cap biters.
Purdy has a lot of trust in Aiyuk. A lot of times when he sees him on an island he'll put the jump ball up there, and more often than not it has come off.

That pass was perfectly thrown. The contact prevented Aiyuk from getting to the catch point. I don't know if it was PI or not. The defender has the right to play the ball, and can beat the receiver to the space, and had his head turned, but he also altered his route and made contact with Aiyuk prior to the ball arriving. I would say it was PI, but I'm not 100% sure how you sort all of that out with the rules to be honest.
Originally posted by Chance:

It's top 5 for me.

No. The writing. The story. The actors. The tone.
Originally posted by Chance:

It's top 5 for me.

No. The writing. The story. The actors. The tone.

And...

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The double standards and one sided standards they use for Purdy are impossible to find in NFL history. They call the bounce off the facemask a bad play. First it was probably interference. But I believe they picked up the flag. Anyway Aiyuk caught it. But the emaculate reception is considered an outstanding play. Which lead to a Playoff win. It's totally a freak play. Very lucky. But you get a bounce sometimes in the NFL.

Second we were behind. So sometimes you take a shot. People don't understand this. In hopes that you get pass interference or a lucky bounce like that. You are pressing the ball down the field when down a lot to catch up. So a play like this is somewhat forced and not a normal read. You are hoping for exactly that. A lucky bounce which you sometimes get. There are times in a game in certain games to do that.

Great post. Luck is always a factor, and sure we got some bounces. That's a part of the game of football. We made a lot of plays also. I do think it would be shortsighted to focus entirely on one or two 'luck' plays, and ignore the good we did to overcome in the 2nd half and win. BP maybe the play of his game, was escaping a clear sack, and throwing a seed to Juice. That prevents us being well behind the sticks. He hung in also on another rep, to complete a pass while taking a huge hit. He had his scrambles. I think folks who don't watch a lot of 49er football, Brock showcased just how athletic he is. Ppl who assume he's not athletic, cuz he's pick 262, I'm sure a lot of them found out.
Share 49ersWebzone