There are 281 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Lol Herm

Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by tankle104:
I think sometimes we forget that we put an insane amount of pressure and expectations on Brock, an amount that would of been a lot for a 10 year vet, which was super bowl or busts we put that pressure on a second year player with 7 games under his belt and coming off a very serious injury.

it is absolutely insane how well he's handled the pressure and expectation and met them so far.

i feel like he doesn't get the appreciation he should because it's nuts. THIS IS HIS SECOND YEAR AND FIRST YEAR STARTING. SEVENTH ROUND PICK!

this guy is a gem. Unbelievable.

In some player interviews, they've said "we will go as far as Brock takes us". I think it was Warner or Kittle. So the players are not shy saying it to the public. I'm a little surprised by how honest they are saying that. I think they know Brock can handle the pressure, otherwise they'd protect him.

Yeah, I think Brock has given them that confidence because they didn't do that for Trey. They spoke a lot more about protecting him and they have to pick up the slack - it was clear they didn't anticipate Trey balling out soon.

Which honestly isn't a knock on Trey, most rookies/young QBs are like that - it takes a special one to handle and play like Brock does. It's very rare. Especially when you watch him in the playoffs.
Originally posted by joeknows:
Also, there's not really 'luck' involved in that play. The defender took his eye off the ball, allowed it to go right through his hands and then bounce off his helmet. Brandon then reacted incredibly quickly. That's bad play by them and good play by us.

There absolutely was luck involved in the play. I dont have any issue with the National Media saying it was a lucky play. It was.

What I have a HUGE problem with is those media members claiming it was a lucky bounce are the same people who were holding Brock's interceptions against the Ravens against him, when 3 of them all came off of deflections. Cant have it both ways. Cant minimize the Aiyuk play by calling it luck and then simply just say Purdy played bad against the Ravens. The Aiyuk play was lucky. The Ravens plays were unlucky. It is what it is.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Lol Herm

these chips on the shoulders keep adding up

i always thought when the Qb carries these chips, they end up having a decent career

LOL never seen him like that. That's pretty cool - shows he's himself around the boys - no wonder they love him. It's cool that he can be his nerd self but also fit in the rest of the fellas
Lol Herm

Lol I've always felt herm was vastly over rated. It's embarrassing how he's trying to cover his ass with the way he messed it up. Honestly, most programs messed up, it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Imagine Aiyuk and Brock in college together..
Originally posted by dj43:

Lol if he dropped the bag and backpack - I'd assume he's going to church. Hahaha

eff it! Keep being you, bro. Who gives a f**k
Brock is actually a very cocky guy if you go watch his old tiktoks and his shenanigans. I say its kids being kids.

I don't like how he tries to be humble. Unleash the cocky Brock.

BCB.
Cocky Brocky.

youre welcome, Jalen
Lol Herm

woulda been cool to see purdy throwing to aiyuk
Originally posted by Eddie_D:
Brock is actually a very cocky guy if you go watch his old tiktoks and his shenanigans. I say its kids being kids.

I don't like how he tries to be humble. Unleash the cocky Brock.

BCB.
Cocky Brocky.

Idk if it's cocky, he just genuinely believes in himself. It's a fine line.

he's what I call a "stupid confident". To do what he's doing, you need to be able to be told "hey the chances of you pulling this off are slim to none" and need to respond with "idgaf I'll pull it off". Every great qb is like that. They HAVE to be like that. If Brock bought into all the long shot odds, he wouldn't of even made the league.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Crown:
Also, there's not really 'luck' involved in that play. The defender took his eye off the ball, allowed it to go right through his hands and then bounce off his helmet. Brandon then reacted incredibly quickly. That's bad play by them and good play by us.

I've watched it a bunch of times and I really can't tell if Brock overthrew him or BA got held up right before.

With all due respect, I'm not sure what you've been watching. There's clearly bump contact around 2 seconds before the ball arrives.

Even if he wasn't bumped, it still doesn't look like he would get to the pass to me.

Iowa and Arizona are in our fold
Share 49ersWebzone