There are 295 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
woulda been cool to see purdy throwing to aiyuk

I think it would of hurt Brock long term going there. He benefited a lot from the playing time and system he played in college. Eff herm Edwards.

even Aiyuk wasn't prepared at all for the nfl. He was talented enough to get playing time but wasn't nearly ready to play in kyles system.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Lol Herm

Bad look for Herm with the revisionist history.
Originally posted by Crown:
Even if he wasn't bumped, it still doesn't look like he would get to the pass to me.

Probably a contested ball Aiyuk would have had to high point. Fortunate it worked out the way it did but I think sometimes you can live with giving a star player a chance to make a great play.

i love how all these QBs that grew up being 49ers fans keep getting their heart broke by the niners in the playoffs like Rodgers and Goff. Lol

honestly, I'd of rooted for the lions if they weren't playing us. I think Dan Campbell will grow a lot from this experience though.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Even if he wasn't bumped, it still doesn't look like he would get to the pass to me.

Probably a contested ball Aiyuk would have had to high point. Fortunate it worked out the way it did but I think sometimes you can live with giving a star player a chance to make a great play.

The most impressive part is that Aiyuk leaped for the ball, and actually was able to land back on his feet and keep moving, so he could catch it. Most guys leap and they end up falling to the ground after. Aiyuk doesn't get enough great for his ability there
Originally posted by tankle104:

youre welcome, Jalen

Master class s**t talking

aye cam, wtf you gotta say now?!
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

100% agree

The most impressive part is that Aiyuk leaped for the ball, and actually was able to land back on his feet and keep moving, so he could catch it. Most guys leap and they end up falling to the ground after. Aiyuk doesn't get enough great for his ability there

He's gonna be a highly sought after FA if Jed screws up and doesnt re-sign him to a new contract.

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
He's gonna be a highly sought after FA if Jed screws up and doesnt re-sign him to a new contract.

We have to bring him back. I really think adding at the WR position should be a sleeper priority.

hahah I love how aiyuks parents were having the time of their lives. What a story - immigrants who worked their ass off and now their son is playing in the super bowl and about to get paid a fortune.

i love how all these QBs that grew up being 49ers fans keep getting their heart broke by the niners in the playoffs like Rodgers and Goff. Lol

honestly, I'd of rooted for the lions if they weren't playing us. I think Dan Campbell will grow a lot from this experience though.

Brady too. Retired after we destroyed them.
So dumb that people dont remeber Joe Montana and Steve Young had bad games but they just seem to win. Tom Brady has done it too. Brock Purdy has that same mindset that its a long game and theres always a chance to win. Purdy thinks like a goldfish. I know we all though Kap and Garappolo were gonna be our 10 year QB but i honestly believe Purdy is that guy. Damn 2nd year and he operates like a 10 year veteran. He's a leader and earned the respect of the most stacked offense of all pro weapons. No one mentions that at all. Imagine getting the respect of arguably the best LT in NFL history, a huge personality like Kittle and Deebo, and the best RB in the league. Thats a damn hard task to do. All those guys wont stand for QB that cant play since their career window is on the wrong side of the middle.

LFG! I want to see Swift in tears lol
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Jan 30, 2024 at 12:42 PM ]

i can't get enough of how the FIRST person either of them looks for and runs to is each other. It's beautiful to see Kyle finally have a qb he believes in and can count on.
Share 49ersWebzone