There are 293 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
He's gonna be a highly sought after FA if Jed screws up and doesnt re-sign him to a new contract.

We have to bring him back. I really think adding at the WR position should be a sleeper priority.

Where would we add a WR? We will resign Aiyuk and jennings is an URFA - so he's coming back on the cheap unless someone offers a top pick for him.

our lineup should be essentially identical except bell will be a year more developed and the TEs we drafted should be much more developed.
The Pundits can say what they want about Brock Purdy, but the fact none of them can dispute is that at the same point in their careers, Brock Purdy has been better than any other QB playing in the NFL right now. Not a single other young QB's stats can shine a light to Brocks at the end of year 2. Some may argue Wilson had a better start, so far, but if give Brock the SB this year (not saying thats a forgone by ANY stretch, we ARE facing the Godking Mahomes and all) I'll take Brocks start to Wilsons.
He's gonna be a highly sought after FA if Jed screws up and doesnt re-sign him to a new contract.

We have to bring him back. I really think adding at the WR position should be a sleeper priority.

i have no doubt they sign him

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by joeknows:
Also, there's not really 'luck' involved in that play. The defender took his eye off the ball, allowed it to go right through his hands and then bounce off his helmet. Brandon then reacted incredibly quickly. That's bad play by them and good play by us.

There absolutely was luck involved in the play. I dont have any issue with the National Media saying it was a lucky play. It was.

What I have a HUGE problem with is those media members claiming it was a lucky bounce are the same people who were holding Brock's interceptions against the Ravens against him, when 3 of them all came off of deflections. Cant have it both ways. Cant minimize the Aiyuk play by calling it luck and then simply just say Purdy played bad against the Ravens. The Aiyuk play was lucky. The Ravens plays were unlucky. It is what it is.
Backs drill is that the ball ends up your hands, or you make sure it ends up on the ground. Dude made a very bad play on the ball, having done well initially to get into position.
chris simms said kyle told him he doesn't even know how brock makes a certain read so fast
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Jan 30, 2024 at 1:42 PM ]
I'm curious where Purdy would be drafted, if scouts could go back to that draft knowing what they know now.
Lets go Brock. WTF else does he need to do in order to stop the haters?

WIN THE NEXT GAME.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I'm curious where Purdy would be drafted, if scouts could go back to that draft knowing what they know now.

This article is a year old, so I imagine he would go higher, but they have him going 16th overall to the colts

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/redrafting-2022-nfl-draft-brock-purdy-goes-in-middle-of-round-1-sauce-gardner-taken-no-1-overall/amp/
Originally posted by tankle104:

Where would we add a WR? We will resign Aiyuk and jennings is an URFA - so he's coming back on the cheap unless someone offers a top pick for him.

our lineup should be essentially identical except bell will be a year more developed and the TEs we drafted should be much more developed.

Smokey is really correct here, in that when Deebo is not in there, we give heavy WR snaps to Ray Ray who does complete zero. It's nice to bank on Bell or Gray leveling up, but maybe that happens, maybe it doesn't. You can never have enough WRs. BA really is the only true WR, who consistently cooks his matchup, he's almost always the guy Brock is trying to get it to, and often our primary so to speak. Deebo is a great multi-use player, JJ is a contest catch artist, and blocking phenom. We could use a route runner type, or a true slot WR, who gets open with short area quickness.

"this guy right next to me made it happen" 😭😭😍 - I've never seen Kyle so happy lmao he might of gained back 10 years of stress with Brock at the helm.

BRING IT HOME, BABY!!
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Smokey is really correct here, in that when Deebo is not in there, we give heavy WR snaps to Ray Ray who does complete zero. It's nice to bank on Bell or Gray leveling up, but maybe that happens, maybe it doesn't. You can never have enough WRs. BA really is the only true WR, who consistently cooks his matchup, he's almost always the guy Brock is trying to get it to, and often our primary so to speak. Deebo is a great multi-use player, JJ is a contest catch artist, and blocking phenom. We could use a route runner type, or a true slot WR, who gets open with short area quickness.

We need a true return guy that can play some snaps on offense.

We need a lot of things actually, which is why I don't want to trade any of our picks this offseason.

"this guy right next to me made it happen" 😭😭😍 - I've never seen Kyle so happy lmao he might of gained back 10 years of stress with Brock at the helm.

BRING IT HOME, BABY!!

I remember people b***hing about Kyle cause he was yelling at Brock during the game. Saying it would ruin Brock's confidence. Some fans just don't understand coaches and players relationships.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

BRING IT HOME, BABY!!

I remember people b***hing about Kyle cause he was yelling at Brock during the game. Saying it would ruin Brock's confidence. Some fans just don't understand coaches and players relationships.

What some people don't under stand is that not all yelling is the same. Some of it comes from passion - they're not angry AT YOU. They're angry at what happened. You can't take all that stuff personal. Brock knows that's and Brock is his harshest critic, he knows when he made a mistake and he's just as pissed off as kyle.

they compliment each other very well and are both very cerebral - obsessed with the game and all the nuances. I'm not saying others aren't but you have to genuinely be obsessed with every aspect of the game to be on kyles level and have his respect and appreciation as his qb.
Share 49ersWebzone