There are 247 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Lol I don't think BP is nerdy. I like that he isn't all flashy and stuff with his wardrobe and whatnot, it's really cool. And I don't think he's really cocky, just very confident, as he should be, cause damn he is talented. But being cocky some is cool too, why not? He has such damn skills lol.
Its all Religion of the Now stuff.

Purdy isnt as good or as bad as these Talking heads tell you.

He is a young, growing quarterback who is prone to taking too long in his reads.

As he gets more experience, he will get better.

He is not the finished product by any means.

But its a results driven league.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:

He is a young, growing quarterback who is prone to taking too long in his reads.

Sometimes he goes through his reads too quickly, lol.

Agree with the overall post though. He's a very good young QB with some extremely valuable traits and mentality. What he's done from his draft position at such an early age on a team with massive expectations is unusual… and he suffered major injury right in the middle of it.
Originally posted by Montana:
Lol I don't think BP is nerdy. I like that he isn't all flashy and stuff with his wardrobe and whatnot, it's really cool. And I don't think he's really cocky, just very confident, as he should be, cause damn he is talented. But being cocky some is cool too, why not? He has such damn skills lol.

I think he is Nerdy in the best way. not like a lame, but obsessed with the game. I think he's obsessed with the game the same way guys like Brady & Brees were/are. I'M NOT SAYING HE IS THEM OR WILL BE THEM, just that he seems to have that trait in common.

I think he balances the ideal QB personality perfectly, so far.
Originally posted by tankle104:
I think he is Nerdy in the best way. not like a lame, but obsessed with the game. I think he's obsessed with the game the same way guys like Brady & Brees were/are. I'M NOT SAYING HE IS THEM OR WILL BE THEM, just that he seems to have that trait in common.

Homeboy can't be judged as a nerd based on his clothes. He's poor… for now!
Until he starts calling himself Mr. Unlimited he got nothing on being nerdy
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Lol, no doubt. Wilson is unbearable.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Homeboy can't be judged as a nerd based on his clothes. He's poor… for now!

have you noticed that a few times after a game, at the podium, he has dressed a little nicer? lol I wonder if the guys on the team have bought him some nice stuff or his fiance. hahaha
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Lol, no doubt. Wilson is unbearable.
If you asked me before the season started...would rather have Jackson Mahomes kind of person as your QB but you win a SB or someone like Brock Purdy and lose... I'd choose the former.
has anyone been able to find a white 94 throwback of brocks with the super bowl logo on it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/49ers/s/pInmRYAJed
not a nerd

Sometimes he goes through his reads too quickly, lol.

Agree with the overall post though. He's a very good young QB with some extremely valuable traits and mentality. What he's done from his draft position at such an early age on a team with massive expectations is unusual… and he suffered major injury right in the middle of it.

That is right. The one knock on Purdy is how he goes through his reads. Sometimes too slow, sometimes too quickly.

That is something he will get better at, the longer he plays the hardest position in professional sports.

Quarterback in the NFL.
That is right. The one knock on Purdy is how he goes through his reads. Sometimes too slow, sometimes too quickly.

That is something he will get better at, the longer he plays the hardest position in professional sports.

Quarterback in the NFL.

Lot of little things to improve on. Footwork still can have issues as JT detailed. Can get better at maneuvering the pocket. Trust your arm and take a few more big shots when they are there.

Still upside to be had
I'm really curious to see what brock does this off season. It'll be his first true off season in the league. Last year he had to focus on rehabbing and getting prepared for training camp. He was able to mentally prep and get better in that regard with the book - but this off season he can spend the proper time working on his mechanics, reads, footwork etc. studying film and practicing properly. it'll be cool to see his growth.
I'm really curious to see what brock does this off season. It'll be his first true off season in the league. Last year he had to focus on rehabbing and getting prepared for training camp. He was able to mentally prep and get better in that regard with the book - but this off season he can spend the proper time working on his mechanics, reads, footwork etc. studying film and practicing properly. it'll be cool to see his growth.

Would love to see him tighten up his mechanics and see if we can squeeze some more arm strength out of there.

Have no doubt he's going to improve the mental side of his game.

Would be really nice to get over the hump so early. Feel like success breeds more success to keep it simple
Share 49ersWebzone