Tests confirm 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk suffered season-ending knee injury →

There are 418 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
I think he is Nerdy in the best way. not like a lame, but obsessed with the game. I think he's obsessed with the game the same way guys like Brady & Brees were/are. I'M NOT SAYING HE IS THEM OR WILL BE THEM, just that he seems to have that trait in common.

I think he balances the ideal QB personality perfectly, so far.

Ah, football nerd, yeah. But that is super cool. Hey idc if someone mentions Brady, Brees and Brock all in the same sentence..I have been calling him Brock Brees since 2022 I think? before I knew Brees seemed to be Brock's main QB influence as he watched him growing up and has watched a lot of his tape. So that was kinda cool when I heard BP talk about that cause I was like dang, yeah Brock Brees man haha. So yeah, not saying he will be them..cause he already is in the same category as them:) What? Lol I have been that confident in Brock, idc he has got IT!! LG!!!
[ Edited by Montana on Jan 30, 2024 at 3:02 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
That is right. The one knock on Purdy is how he goes through his reads. Sometimes too slow, sometimes too quickly.

That is something he will get better at, the longer he plays the hardest position in professional sports.

Quarterback in the NFL.

Lot of little things to improve on. Footwork still can have issues as JT detailed. Can get better at maneuvering the pocket. Trust your arm and take a few more big shots when they are there.

Still upside to be had

Pursy is growing and learning in front of our eyes.

Like he was one of our own children.
[ Edited by RonnieLott on Jan 30, 2024 at 3:05 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Crown:
Even if he wasn't bumped, it still doesn't look like he would get to the pass to me.

Probably a contested ball Aiyuk would have had to high point. Fortunate it worked out the way it did but I think sometimes you can live with giving a star player a chance to make a great play.

The most impressive part is that Aiyuk leaped for the ball, and actually was able to land back on his feet and keep moving, so he could catch it. Most guys leap and they end up falling to the ground after. Aiyuk doesn't get enough great for his ability there

He's gonna be a highly sought after FA if Jed screws up and doesnt re-sign him to a new contract.

Agree 💯%, he's definitely a priority free agent signing in the offseason. Having said that, if he can play here for 50 million but some bottom feeding team will pay him 50 Billion - we lose that contest, unfortunately. KC lost a ton of valuable depth and starting level talent last year in the offseason because of the bottom feeding teams did have cap space to pay for KC player talent, and KC was tapped out capwise.
BP is the first quarterback in 39 years to sweep EVERY other playoff team in the conference. The last one to do it?...Joe Montana. Joe did it in 1984 before whipping the Dolphins 38-16. You know...the game where no one was talking about Joe because of "Wonder Boy" Dan Marino.

Purdy's accomplishment is made more impressive (to me at least) because there were SIX teams to beat whereas there was only four in 1984.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
I'm really curious to see what brock does this off season. It'll be his first true off season in the league. Last year he had to focus on rehabbing and getting prepared for training camp. He was able to mentally prep and get better in that regard with the book - but this off season he can spend the proper time working on his mechanics, reads, footwork etc. studying film and practicing properly. it'll be cool to see his growth.

Would love to see him tighten up his mechanics and see if we can squeeze some more arm strength out of there.

Have no doubt he's going to improve the mental side of his game.

Would be really nice to get over the hump so early. Feel like success breeds more success to keep it simple

I think he will have much better mechanics and will add some more zip to his passes - he will go back to the guys who helped him before but have more time. he needs to spend longer than a week or two there and have an ailing arm. lol

I really think Kyle and Brock will have a lot of pressure and expectations taken off of them once they've gotten over the hump. I think it will give them a different sense of confidence and liberation at the same time. They'll want more, obviously, but i think it's different once you're a champion and have been there. especially at a young age, it cements that you know you're good enough and you know what it takes.
The one thing Montana did that defines him is he won a Superbowl as a young quarterback

This game will define Purdy in the same way.

Wether we like it or not.
Originally posted by Montana:
I think he is Nerdy in the best way. not like a lame, but obsessed with the game. I think he's obsessed with the game the same way guys like Brady & Brees were/are. I'M NOT SAYING HE IS THEM OR WILL BE THEM, just that he seems to have that trait in common.

I think he balances the ideal QB personality perfectly, so far.

Ah, football nerd, yeah. But that is super cool. Hey idc if someone mentions Brady, Brees and Brock all in the same sentence..I have been calling him Brock Brees since 2022 I think? before I knew Brees seemed to be Brock's main QB influence as he watched him growing up and has watched a lot of his tape. So that was kinda cool when I heard BP talk about that cause I was like dang, yeah Brock Brees man haha. So yeah, not saying he will be them..cause he already is in the same category as them:) What? Lol I have been that confident in Brock, idc he has got IT!! LG!!!

when did he say that? I missed it. makes sense though because they do have very similar play styles and traits. You and I have been on the Brock bandwagon since we saw him play. haha I always got this strange feeling from him that he was going to be a special player. I don't think you do what he has done, how he did it, without having super special traits.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
https://www.reddit.com/r/49ers/s/pInmRYAJed
not a nerd

i dunno. Purdy doing the Hype Fortnite emote may say otherwise

Originally posted by boast:
i dunno. Purdy doing the Hype Fortnite emote may say otherwise

Lol

it's all coming full circle, ladies and gentleman!

The lunatic narrative still continues, Purdy's only good because system. What the f**k are we doing here people and when I say we I mean the damn talking heads. Wow they don't even watch the f**king film and these people are on TV talking about stuff probably didn't watch a single f**king minute of? He made at least 7 or 8 plays in the last game clear the f**k outside structure of the playcall.
Preach Torrey
History is written when it finishes

Will Purdy be a one hit wonder?

Or will he end up being Elvis Presley?
when did he say that? I missed it. makes sense though because they do have very similar play styles and traits. You and I have been on the Brock bandwagon since we saw him play. haha I always got this strange feeling from him that he was going to be a special player. I don't think you do what he has done, how he did it, without having super special traits.

It was during a 49ers interview some time ago. Hmm can't seem to find it..he said it in the 9ers locker room to a reporter.
[ Edited by Montana on Jan 30, 2024 at 4:11 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone