There are 285 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Oh and btw someone in here tried to argue that Goff has a stronger arm than Purdy - I think that was clearly tossed in the dumpster on Sunday, agreed?
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Just listened to the Greeny show on espn radio and Greeny and some other guy had 11 QBs under the age of 30 that they would take over Purdy!!! The slander continues…

Allen
Lawrence
Hurts
Jackson
Mahomes
Herbert
Love
Dak
Burrow
Stroud
Goff

There are maybe 4 or 5 you could make an argument for IMO.
This s**t is so dumb. Goff is not even arguable nor is Hurts after that horrible year he just had. Same with Lawrence. Lamar Jackson can't handle the mental side of the game (he is an all time choke artist) so that's a joke as well. Brock basically just replicated Burrow's best season and Stroud was a rookie. He's clearly at least as good as Dak overall and better in the clutch. Love? Really?

The only no brainers on this list are Allen and Mahomes. Herbert has shown he is right there but has had horrible coaching. Basically top 5 is:

Mahomes
Allen

then in no particular order

Burrow
Herbert
Purdy

and then let's see what Stroud does.

Those other dudes? GTFO.

I'll take Brock over Allen. I don't care how much of a Superman Allen is, he hasn't shown to have a clutch gene.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

48 yards rushing dagger 🗡

"Champions don't do extraordinary things, they do normal things better than everyone else" - Chuck knoll

I like that. Reminds me of:

"champions behave like champions before they're champions" - bill walsh
Oh and btw someone in here tried to argue that Goff has a stronger arm than Purdy - I think that was clearly tossed in the dumpster on Sunday, agreed?

Idk who has the stronger arm but Goffs accuracy is trash if he has to move off his spot. Idk if I've ever seen a qb with worse accuracy when they have to slightly move.

Being brain picked by Bosa might just be scarier than getting sack by Bosa lol
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Just listened to the Greeny show on espn radio and Greeny and some other guy had 11 QBs under the age of 30 that they would take over Purdy!!! The slander continues…

Allen
Lawrence
Hurts
Jackson
Mahomes
Herbert
Love
Dak
Burrow
Stroud
Goff

This s**t is so dumb. Goff is not even arguable nor is Hurts after that horrible year he just had. Same with Lawrence. Lamar Jackson can't handle the mental side of the game (he is an all time choke artist) so that's a joke as well. Brock basically just replicated Burrow's best season and Stroud was a rookie. He's clearly at least as good as Dak overall and better in the clutch. Love? Really?

The only no brainers on this list are Allen and Mahomes. Herbert has shown he is right there but has had horrible coaching. Basically top 5 is:

Mahomes
Allen

then in no particular order

Burrow
Herbert
Purdy

and then let's see what Stroud does.

Those other dudes? GTFO.

I'll take Brock over Allen. I don't care how much of a Superman Allen is, he hasn't shown to have a clutch gene.

Sorry but that's a homer take. If we had Allen we'd be working on finishing an undefeated season.
Originally posted by tankle104:

Idk who has the stronger arm but Goffs accuracy is trash if he has to move off his spot. Idk if I've ever seen a qb with worse accuracy when they have to slightly move.

And he can't really spin it. My point at the time was that they'd be equally affected by weather as their arm strength is essentially equal.

I think if you had both players throw as far as they could, Goff might win that. Maybe or maybe not... but there's a lot of ways to judge arm strength.

Whenever Goff is moved off his spot, he just doesn't have the mobility/footwork to throw off platform and Purdy does. Which is why Goff throws a lot of ducks and Purdy doesn't.

love how brock be playing the humble..."all of us bro", lol

he needs to just say it already...."IM HIM!"
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

love how brock be playing the humble..."all of us bro", lol

he needs to just say it already...."IM HIM!"
He can't be saying "I'M HIM" prematurely. If he wins the Super Bowl then he can definitely say it.

Bosa had that Drunk talk sound to him, but I think he always sounds like that.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Brock should train with CMC on some speed and running drills. He is a natural athlete and doing some training like CMC would improve his quickness, stamina, and balance. He can be so dangerous!
Originally posted by titan:
Brock should train with CMC on some speed and running drills. He is a natural athlete and doing some training like CMC would improve his quickness, stamina, and balance. He can be so dangerous!

CMC can teach him the stiff arm.
[ Edited by SlipAndSlideBosa on Jan 31, 2024 at 8:30 AM ]

Allen
Lawrence
Hurts
Jackson
Mahomes
Herbert
Love
Dak
Burrow
Stroud
Goff

Goff and Dak? Get out of here. You've got Mahomes and Allen and then the rest of those guys are on a slippery tier that changes each week with performance and injury. And we all know that Purdy would be right in there if he were picked 3rd. There's nothing we have seen on the football field that doesnt put him along side Lawrence and Herbert. Those guys were just Heisman candidates and top 6 picks so pundits feel safer making the claim. I dont see anyone excusing Burrow or Hurts success because they have the best WR groups in the league. Lamar is a unique talent, but hes only thrown for 3000+ yards in 2 of 6 seasons. He still limits your offense and how you can invest at certain positions.

I rather have people waiting for me to fail because Im doing the damn thing, then people waiting for me to succeed because I've got the potential to do so.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

I think if you had both players throw as far as they could, Goff might win that. Maybe or maybe not... but there's a lot of ways to judge arm strength.

Whenever Goff is moved off his spot, he just doesn't have the mobility/footwork to throw off platform and Purdy does. Which is why Goff throws a lot of ducks and Purdy doesn't.

Piggy backing off you a bit but Goff seems to have more velocity but Purdy has superior arm talent. Personally I think arm strength is overrated unless you get a guy like Shaun Hill where it dies become an issue. Brock can make every throw in the book, that's all that matters.
Share 49ersWebzone