There are 293 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Being brain picked by Bosa might just be scarier than getting sack by Bosa lol

That's nuts. Brocks confidence was oozing here - you can tell he NEVER doubted himself and really isn't satisfied with what he's done, at all.

god damn that has me amped up
Originally posted by Alfienator:
He can't be saying "I'M HIM" prematurely. If he wins the Super Bowl then he can definitely say it.

he's still HIM (for the niners) no matter what happens in the SB, im willing to bet purdy will wins atleast a couple rings in his career

real confidence is unconditional
[ Edited by D0PEMAN on Jan 31, 2024 at 8:40 AM ]
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

love how brock be playing the humble..."all of us bro", lol

he needs to just say it already...."IM HIM!"

Man, we are all in awe. At least those of us who watch the tape.

How this kid makes performing one of the most high pressure, mentally demanding jobs is beyond me. He has a unique gift of ultra-fast processing. The best QB process so well, it's like they know the future. Brock isn't reacting as much as he's predicting. I don't think there's any other way to put it. He's a natural and because of it, he probably doesn't understand, truly, just how different and special he is.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
He can't be saying "I'M HIM" prematurely. If he wins the Super Bowl then he can definitely say it.

he's still HIM (for the niners) no matter what happens in the SB, im willing to bet purdy will wins atleast a couple rings in his career

real confidence is unconditional

Yes, us Niner fans know that. But it's Brock against the world still. There's still so many doubting him and the Super Bowl is the perfect stage for him to silence them.
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Oh and btw someone in here tried to argue that Goff has a stronger arm than Purdy - I think that was clearly tossed in the dumpster on Sunday, agreed?

I think if you had both players throw as far as they could, Goff might win that. Maybe or maybe not... but there's a lot of ways to judge arm strength.

Whenever Goff is moved off his spot, he just doesn't have the mobility/footwork to throw off platform and Purdy does. Which is why Goff throws a lot of ducks and Purdy doesn't.

Piggy backing off you a bit but Goff seems to have more velocity but Purdy has superior arm talent. Personally I think arm strength is overrated unless you get a guy like Shaun Hill where it dies become an issue. Brock can make every throw in the book, that's all that matters.

The funny thing about Hill is... he was actually a good deep ball thrower. Which is crazy because he couldn't throw a spiral and had the arm strength of my 15 year old cousin lol

This reinforces the point that pure arm strength is overrated,
Originally posted by mitpdub:

To do that in a championship game, when your team is down by 17. f**king legendary performance.
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by mitpdub:

To do that in a championship game, when your team is down by 17. f**king legendary performance.

He did what everyone expected lamar jackson to do, except Lamar jackson turned into Lamar Prescott
Must watch…..go back and look at his footwork when he made that throw to Juaun Jennings. He turns his body and keeps his feet moving to avoid the sack, pretty awesome display of awareness and ability.

• thl408
Originally posted by tankle104:

That's nuts. Brocks confidence was oozing here - you can tell he NEVER doubted himself and really isn't satisfied with what he's done, at all.

When team Captains were about to be announced at the start of this season, I thought Brock would not get voted as one simply because he had only been a starting QB for 9(?) weeks to close the 2022 season. He is obviously Captain material.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Patton:
Must watch…..go back and look at his footwork when he made that throw to Juaun Jennings. He turns his body and keeps his feet moving to avoid the sack, pretty awesome display of awareness and ability.

I thought his best throw was the one to Deebo over the middle. He was going to get rocked by an incoming rusher, knew it, don't care.

Brock is so fierce man. I am so not surprised he is in the SB, not at all. Talent plus fierce competitor /assassin ..it is totally ON game day
ha

nah brock was just being polite because he's so humble lol. always deflects with compliments back
Share 49ersWebzone